Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not impossible. Just have to see how things progress.

If he stays fit he'll get opportunities this year you'd think.

I can't tomorrow unfortunately. Gotta go to the hospital. Mum needs to get an x ray. Doctor thinks she may have pneumonia, so have to get it checked.
Hope everything goes good for your mum

How are they going to work the fixture with Hawthorn and Carlton going over there?

We've already played Hawthorn.

Do they tack a game for us against Carlton in there and then we head back, or to another hub?

How are they going to work the fixture with Hawthorn and Carlton going over there?

Do they tack a game for us against Carlton in there and then we head back, or to another hub?
I assume we'll play Carlton while Hawthorn plays Geelong?

There‘s a chance we won’t play them, Geelong has already played both Hawthorn and Carlton. I’d be send us and Geelong to South Australia to play Adelaide and Port each. We can always play Carlton if/ when we get back to Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the eagles training base?

I hope you don't mind the intrusion to your board but I can answer that.

No it isn't, the Eagles training base is in Lathlain, called Mineral Resources Park :-

HBF arena is about 30 mins drive from there.

Good luck v the cats, have much time for the pies - the way your team, Bucks & the supporters conducted themselves after the 2018 GF was admirable, much kudos.

I hope you don't mind the intrusion to your board but I can answer that.

No it isn't, the Eagles training base is in Lathlain, called Mineral Resources Park :-

HBF arena is about 30 mins drive from there.

Good luck v the cats, have much time for the pies - the way your team, Bucks & the supporters conducted themselves after the 2018 GF was admirable, much kudos.
Thanks. I couldn't tell by the picture of the oval, since I'm not really familar with the locations over there.

Appreciate the sentiments. :)

Thanks. I couldn't tell by the picture of the oval, since I'm not really familar with the locations over there.

Appreciate the sentiments. :)
Apparently, HBF Arena is in the northern Perth suburb of Joondalup.
West Perth footy club moved there a few years ago.
Recent Collingwood connections with ex West Perth players would be Quinten 'Q-stick' Lynch and Justin Longmuir.
Old time West Perth players that came to the 'Pies would be Ray 'Gabo' Gabelich and Bill Valli

Apparently, HBF Arena is in the northern Perth suburb of Joondalup.
West Perth footy club moved there a few years ago.
Recent Collingwood connections with ex West Perth players would be Quinten 'Q-stick' Lynch and Justin Longmuir.
Old time West Perth players that came to the 'Pies would be Ray 'Gabo' Gabelich and Bill Valli

May Q Stick be forever remembered for his mammoth effort which was vital in beating the Blues one day.

AFL are going to have to rejig the hubs, the way NSW is now going they will have to get all teams currently there out pretty quickly. AFL should just bite the bullet and have 2 hubs in Perth and Adelaide, with teams flying between the 2 as required.

Weather has been miserable over here and Thursday looks to be a shocker. I hope we put some time into the conditions as it usually brings us undone when it rains.

Loving the hubs as it will allow me to see a handful of live games in the same year :)

Wet conditions in Perth are a concern playing the Cats.
We'd want to be prepared to get our hands dirty and not over finesse the ball.
Dangerfield, Selwood Ablett, Guthrie, Duncan (if he plays) etc have bigger bodies and won't be averse to some physical pressure in the wet.

Might be merit in dropping Cox up forward and bringing in someone else. Daicos may be the source.
Appleby has been effective in recent weeks as a pressure forward and hitting the scoreboard too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back