Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Training Update: Tuesday Aug 13, 2019
Weather:

Sunny, cold and breezy. 11 on arrival at 10am.
Not spotted:
Isaac Quaynor - you'd think he's done for the year. Can't see the club risking too many underdone players come finals.
Player Watch:
Darcy Moore
– did full training and looked to be in terrific nick. Reckon he is right to play. I wouldn't take him to Adelaide, but he does look right to play. Took a lovely pack mark over Roughead in the match sim.
Jordan DeGoey – Ran laps and didn't take part in any drills or the match play. Suspect all of the reports about him not playing until finals are probably correct. Did not do anything at full pace. My guess is everything today was at about 50%.
Brayden Sier – Did full session. Looks right to go unless Walshy's tongue lashing has added to his woes. Walshy looked his usual angry self.
James Aish - Looked pretty good today. Did the training with DeGoey and Reid.
Daniel Wells – Did full training and even participated in the match sim. Looks like he's been in the good paddock though. I can't see him playing to be perfectly honest. Would we risk him in week 1 of finals with Moore, DeGoey, Aish and Stevo?
Jaidyn Stephenson – outstanding today. Tried a few torps from the centre square. One bounced in the square and hit the post. One bounced through. He's jumping out of his skin.
Ben Reid – did the same training as DeGoey and Aish. I reckon he could play finals if needed, but we would have to be going really badly to risk him.
Other Observations:
•Lynden Dunn was on the track doing some walking and then went inside. I'd like him and Langdon to be out there, but Bucks's Curse had returned with a vengeance.
•Roughead and Walsh were both doing ruck drills when I left at about 11:30.
•Noble trained well. This boy has a seriously good boot on him for his size. Must be in contention this week.
•Does Treloar have a niggle? Left the main group to speak with a trainer and then did some private work. Returned to training.
•Brody Mihocek had a long chat with Sier during the warm up. I would like to have heard that conversation. It seemed to be pretty much a one way conversation.

Happy to answer any questions.

Where did Moore play Apples?

Thanks again!

Do you think they'll play Darcy this week?

No chance he plays this week. But I would have thought that if the intention was for him to play forward upon his return, then he'd be training in that role now. I think there is a different level of conditioning required from a forward (repeat leads...running high up the ground and sprinting back to goal) than what a defender requires who can more just guard space.

Perhaps that will change next week when Darcy moore is genuinely a chance to return. I would have thought Darcy is clearly the better forward than Roughead. But we probably won't pull the trigger given his hamstring issues.

Training Update: Thursday Aug 15, 2019
Weather:

Sunny, cold and breezy. 11 on arrival at 10am.
Not spotted:
Isaac Quaynor - you'd think he's done for the year. Can't see the club risking too many underdone players come finals.
Player Watch:
Darcy Moore
– did full training and looked to be in terrific nick. Reckon he is right to play. I wouldn't take him to Adelaide, but he does look right to play. Took a lovely pack mark over Roughead in the match sim.
Jordan DeGoey – Ran laps and didn't take part in any drills or the match play. Suspect all of the reports about him not playing until finals are probably correct. Did not do anything at full pace. My guess is everything today was at about 50%.
Brayden Sier – Did full session. Looks right to go unless Walshy's tongue lashing has added to his woes. Walshy looked his usual angry self.
James Aish - Looked pretty good today. Did the training with DeGoey and Reid.
Daniel Wells – Did full training and even participated in the match sim. Looks like he's been in the good paddock though. I can't see him playing to be perfectly honest. Would we risk him in week 1 of finals with Moore, DeGoey, Aish and Stevo?
Jaidyn Stephenson – outstanding today. Tried a few torps from the centre square. One bounced in the square and hit the post. One bounced through. He's jumping out of his skin.
Ben Reid – did the same training as DeGoey and Aish. I reckon he could play finals if needed, but we would have to be going really badly to risk him.
Other Observations:
•Lynden Dunn was on the track doing some walking and then went inside. I'd like him and Langdon to be out there, but Bucks's Curse had returned with a vengeance.
•Roughead and Walsh were both doing ruck drills when I left at about 11:30.
•Noble trained well. This boy has a seriously good boot on him for his size. Must be in contention this week.
•Does Treloar have a niggle? Left the main group to speak with a trainer and then did some private work. Returned to training.
•Brody Mihocek had a long chat with Sier during the warm up. I would like to have heard that conversation. It seemed to be pretty much a one way conversation.

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks so much for these updates.

I live overseas now and posts like yours make me feel closer to everything I call home :)

p.s. There is speculation that Degoey re-injured himself. Did he finish training albeit at 50%?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good, because the heading of your post says "Tuesday 13 August"

Sounds like Roughead going to stay forward, even with Darcy back.

Greenwood implied as much in his Adelaide SEN interview.

I agree with all of that. BTW, I just had a look at Bucks's press conference and I think he's pretty unimpressed with Sier to put it mildly.

Wonder Club Regretting his New Contract?

I like that Mihocek has had words with Sier. I’d imagine that he’d be telling him he would have killed to have been drafted that early and to not waste his opportunity.

I like that Mihocek has had words with Sier. I’d imagine that he’d be telling him he would have killed to have been drafted that early and to not waste his opportunity.
Sier wouldn't be used to getting monstered but Brodes is one that could manage it :D

Wonder Club Regretting his New Contract?
Has he signed it yet? Or just close to signing... if you were Sier you’d rather have put pen to paper already. Might get a zero knocked off otherwise!

When did this happen Apex36?

Mihocek had quite a long conversation with Sier during the warm up. It's pure speculation it was about the basketball fiasco, but I reported it because I hope it was Brody taking a leadership role with Sier. I've been a big Sier fan over the last few years, but this year he has been a great disappointment. I hope this is a turning point and that he starts using his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back