Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generous breaks !

Industry average wage of above $300k, and rising fast, all sorts of advantages/ people willing to help post career and 11 weeks minimum leave pa. Damn I wish I’d been blessed with height!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard was one of them.

My brother was out with him one night in Bali recently on the piss said he was great with him and his mates but was a real arrogant to locals and chicks, could be a real campaigner at times.

I love Maynard so I couldn't care less if he punched my brother in the face.

Industry average wage of above $300k, and rising fast, all sorts of advantages/ people willing to help post career and 11 weeks minimum leave pa. Damn I wish I’d been blessed with height!
Not bad right? The senior blokes have only been back a week and then they get more time off.

View attachment 594603 View attachment 594604 View attachment 594605 View attachment 594606 View attachment 594607 View attachment 594608 Open Training: Wednesday 12 Dec 2018

It was hot and windy with much of the crowd huddling around whatever shade could be found this morning. I lasted 15 minutes on the boundary before retreating inside the cool of the Glasshouse. We then stood on the hill in the shade of a light tower for the next hour. At least the wind was pleasant.

Not a lot to report really as it was a light session of skills and drills.

Not Training:
Treloar, Goldsack, Beams, Moore, Greenwood, Dunn, Wells, WH-E, Howe, C&T Brown, *Crisp

Straight from the horse's mouth:

I asked Nathan Murphy to solve the Big Footy Conundrum of 2018 and he was very happy to oblige, much to Tom Phillips's amusement. Here's what Murph told me:
"This time last year I was 188cm and 77kg. At the moment I'm 192 and 87kg. They reckon I'll finish up around 195cm." Phillips jokingly suggested he was 'gilding the lilly'.

I suppose rumours flourish when the club is less than forthcoming about players. I can't find any mention of Jack Crisp on the club's injury list or any mention of reasons for his absence. Some of the regular track watchers insisted that Crisp had been at training sessions and they were also sure he trained last week and ran the time trial. He must be invisible! I stand to be corrected, but Crisp did not train last week, nor did he run the time trial. Jen stated that he was in attendance on Dec 3rd but stood on the sidelines and didn't participate.

The rumour mill suggests he is unhappy and that he has 'walked out'. I overheard this being discussed, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Why would a player walk out at the beginning of Pre-Season? If anybody knows where Crispy is I'd be keen to hear it.

Mark Keane said he was flying home on Friday. He enjoys a chat this boy. I couldn't understand a lot of what he said, but I think it was something like this:
Asked about coping in his first Melbourne summer he said, "I'm not getting a lot of sleep. Last Friday I slept 2 hours. Too hot and training when it's 40 is tough. It will be freezing at home over Christmas."

It's a big ask of 18 yo boys to move across the world into a totally foreign environment with all the usual hurdles, let alone training in weather that they have never experienced before. Last Friday would have been a killer for Keane and Tohill.

Thanks Apples. I am glad that Nathan Murphy gave you the same account of his height that he gave to me - 195cm in time. I recall from Jen's photos that Crisp was at training on the boundary with Levi on the day of the time trial, when officially all players were in attendance. But otherwise, sightings of him have been as rare as Daniel Wells sightings. He'll be being managed from an injury/surgery I expect.
I had to laugh about you approaching the older ladies. They are training regulars, but little chance to have been contributing to Big Footy, despite being fanatics!

Thanks Apples. I am glad that Nathan Murphy gave you the same account of his height that he gave to me - 195cm in time. I recall from Jen's photos that Crisp was at training on the boundary with Levi on the day of the time trial, when officially all players were in attendance. But otherwise, sightings of him have been as rare as Daniel Wells sightings. He'll be being managed from an injury/surgery I expect.
I had to laugh about you approaching the older ladies. They are training regulars, but little chance to have been contributing to Big Footy, despite being fanatics!
So he'll be 6"4 in the old money. Very athletic, skillful and brave. Hoping he can be best 22 over the next 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back