April Daily Punt: swimming at the Championswamps

Remove this Banner Ad

Pikey doing his best Nash impersonation in the 1st at Randwick,been getting a few home at decent odds lately.

Coming to the fore once the pressure of the Championships is off.

tbf Shelby ran better than expected on the Good 4. He did beat one home.

I think I will retire my ‘worst price in the history of g1 racing’ line after he got into $6 in the TJ. Can carve that one into the rock.

Even the clean guys up in Jo territory been doping for 20 years

On a serious note, this goes to show how authorities bungled the cobalt rule. Vet supplements used for decades all contained cobalt because Vitamin B12 contains cobalt. The harmless and non performance enhancing kind.

Bailey, Stewart and the other Mensa candidates at RV were of course unaware of it at the time, and so when the rule came in literally hundreds of trainers (we only heard about the big names) across three codes started getting busted. They belatedly issued a warning when they found out but it was too late for many. They then doubled down (probably because they probably would have had their arses sued) and started banning all this stuff.

Heathcote is in trouble because the product has been banned for 12 months, but this stuff, like most “multivitamins”, is probably snake oil, but is not performance enhancing.

Last edited:
Absolute class lolperf milkshake go there in the feature - $6 in to $2.80 - travels like a bomb the whole way around - leaders split to let it through at the top of the straight and it explodes away from them like Winx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got robbed like another 300k or so from quaddie payout limits too. Pretty good innings

It could have been me!!! Then I realize he is whacking on $150 single selection 4 horse multis with every leg paying $10 and I realize…..nah it couldn’t

Gee - starting to see the slows being put on the Arc attempt - I would have never expected this!

Id be going with option C and just sending her to Europe to give her a couple runs in some B grade mile and a half races before retiring. She isn't winning anything of note here in the Spring and she wont get within a dozen lengths in an Arc so just pick out a more suitable overseas campaign

Id be going with option C and just sending her to Europe to give her a couple runs in some B grade mile and a half races before retiring. She isn't winning anything of note here in the Spring and she wont get within a dozen lengths in an Arc so just pick out a more suitable overseas campaign

What’s the point though. Those races are worthless. Would be like sending Enable down here to run in a Matriach. There is very few even B grade races over there anyway where at least one untapped horse won’t show up which would beat her.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Old cotton wool Waller just putting the squeeze on Greg to give her a good weight for the Cup anyway

He probs has a few outlook reminders popping up in the next few days

Tomorrow - Nature Squib to target Everest
Friday - Home Affairs gone amiss and off to stud

Home Affairs service fee to be $110,000.

interesting to see if he still heads to Ascot.

He will want to win at Ascot to make that 110k fee a little less disgusting

Seriously I have NFI what an average service fee is but you'd be keen stumping up that much for a horse absolutely flogged in 2 of the 3 biggest races he contested. Shows how much the Waller set up job in the Lightning was actually worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back