Are Essendon capable of addressing their issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok then let’s add to the topic at hand while ignoring the truth about the days since the Bombers have won a final because the truth hurts a few.

Is it coaching/ drafting / development etc etc because I don’t know honestly.

Not sure what we can discuss without hurting someone’s feelings on here sadly.
Simple truth is that even though we have made finals we have consistently been the 8th beat team. Feel good about this season and good about the future for the first time in a long time.

Simple truth is that even though we have made finals we have consistently been the 8th beat team. Feel good about this season and good about the future for the first time in a long time.
You have good kids and Draper looks like an upcoming beast as a young ruck.

Shiel trade though hurts so far IMO considering his salary and what you gave to get him over.

Essendon finished 13th in 2020. They finished 8th this year and made good progress. They’ve got a lot of promising players.

Stringer - career best form
Parrish - AA
Wright - Improved significantly
Francis - better as a defender
Cox - promising kid
Draper - see Cox
Merrett - AA
McGrath - Solid midfielder
Ridley - Gun
Laverde - Solid
Perkins - Solid
Waterman - Solid

The WB should be winning these games due to their list position. They are a few years ahead of the bombers. The key for Essendon is to not go backwards and hit the draft and trade table to look to identify missing pieces. Next few years should be promising for them.

Won’t get anywhere until they put together a competent forwardline.

Lots of players had great years, it’ll be interesting to see how the Bombers back up next year.

The Shiel trade is currently looking terrible.
Yep can’t think that the improvement will just come, confident rutten can steer us, happy with our game plan in general also just need to tighten some things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Essendon, if they were merged or shutdown I wouldn't blink.

I reckon, even losing this game, they'd end this season content given all thought they'd clear bottom four. New coach has improved the game plan and some great young players coming in.

Don't think this was a blip

I reckon, even losing this game, they'd end this season content given all thought they'd clear bottom four. New coach has improved the game plan and some great young players coming in.

Biggest difference i have seen is a clear game plan which is a great start, need to keep improving now

If they shut down I wouldn’t care at least it would put me out of my misery of following this club constant disappointment since 2004

can you fu** off all ready lol you just doom and gloom and lose your mind every loss xD

How is it doom and gloom when they are the facts? you might be ok with getting flogged in a final but not me.

I would have been fine if we lost by 2-3 goals. 20 points down at HF I was like “ok we ain’t going win but please don’t get thrashed fight it out till the end that’s all I want” instead I got the opposite.

Give me a reason why you think it will change next year

Last edited:
How is it doom and gloom when they are the facts? you might be ok with getting flogged in a final but not me.

I would have been fine if we lost by 2-3 goals. 20 points down at HF I was like “ok we ain’t going win but please don’t get thrashed fight out till the end that’s all I want” instead I got the opposite.

Give me a reason why you think it will change next year
Maybe go outside for a walk and have a think. You have 8 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back