Ashes betting

Remove this Banner Ad

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
First ashes test starts Wednesday night.

Current odds : Eng $4.15 draw $3.50 aus $1.90

I just looked at the current weather forecast and it appears there will no rain affecting the test at this stage.

i see Ladbrokes have an Ashes Series special on..
$2.00 for aussies to win series ($50max bet. normal odds are 1.38.)
decent.

Edit: I placed
$50 on Aussies to win @2.00 (Lads)
$12.50 on drawn series @8.00 (b365)
will profit as long as England dont WIN the series.

Last edited:

Pretty big middle in the Player Performance market. Crownbet has Broad 84.5 while Sportsbet have him at 111.5. Luxbet also have the line at 108.5. No idea why the Crownbet line is so low. I jumped all over it.

Great find mate. Did you just get on overs at crownbet?

Have placed $200 on over 84.5 for now.

What happened to the rules about bookies not being able to take bets on the under selection of these player markets?

I enquired about this just a minute ago on crownbet and i was informed that this rule only applies for game played in australia, so im not sure why sportsbet still have that rule applying for this series.

I have just done some homework on brad haddin and his player performance stats for the last 4 test series (West indies, India, South Africa, England here) and the ashes series that was held in England last time around.

He averages 115.8 here in Australia but only 68.3 on foreign soil

in his last 10 test matches overseas Haddin has cracked 100+ points only 2 times so i think a great bet would be to take the unders on Luxbet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are my plays if anyone is interested

Attachments

• Haddin.JPG
    Haddin.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Johnson.JPG
    Johnson.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 3
  • Starc.JPG
    Starc.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Broad.JPG
    Broad.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Anderson.JPG
    Anderson.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
Smith also seems low on 98.5. Isn't he usually in the slip cordon? A half century and a couple of catches is almost there...

First ashes test starts Wednesday night.

Current odds : Eng $4.15 draw $3.50 aus $1.90

I just looked at the current weather forecast and it appears there will no rain affecting the test at this stage.
I'm sure I looked at this on Monday and the odds were reversed for England/Draw. It made me think that some weather had been detected for the draw odds to drop.

£40 on the draw at 3.65. Sophia Gardens is traditionally a high scoring ground meaning both teams should score 400+ in the first innings. There's also rain predicted on the morning of day 5 but not reading into that too much.

3U Stuart Broad over 1.5 wickets @ $1.60 (SB)
2U Steve Smith player performance over 98.5 @ $1.88 (SB)

Just think that Smith is in amazing form. I would expect him to almost knock this off in one innings, and pretty confident he'll take a catch or two in the slips.

Broad is not my favourite bowler but $1.60 to only get 2 wickets in an innings is great value IMO. Who else is going to take them? Broad/Anderson usually get the lions share of the overs.

Even 105 seems pretty low for Broad. You'd expect him to take 2-3 of the tail in each innings.

He did bowl like s**t to the Kiwis though.

Agreed. Hoping the middle pays off as well.

Like smith as well. You'd think moving up to 3 should help.

Nathan Lyon to take more wickets than Stokes in the series@1.50 seems interesting.

Other than that, I fell for the Sportsbet special of betting $50 on correct score in return for $5 free bets every time a century is scored during the Ashes. (went for a 2-2 result)

Stupid question but what channel is this on?

Dont tell me I'm going to have to get off the couch to plug in the aerial and its not on the Foxtel satellite please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back