Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of this thread is to Ask a Christian; to ask questions, and to hopefully get them answered. I'm looking at you, Vdubs.

Could you summarize - without prejudicing the argument - A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel?

In any case:

Yes it is ask a Christian but not debate a Christian. Read the opening post

I actually agree with you. Look at both sides of the argument and than make a decision.
CS Lewis was an inspiration for many like me. Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters are great starters.

CS Lewis was an inspiration for many like me. Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters are great starters.
If we want to have a debate between believers and sceptics we may as well jump off here and watch the likes of Lennox v Damon's as I'm sure both of them are far more intelligent than any of us on here.

If we want to have a debate between believers and sceptics we may as well jump off here and watch the likes of Lennox v Damon's as I'm sure both of them are far more intelligent than any of us on here.
Some of the army here are way beyond skeptics.

Some of the army here are way beyond skeptics.
I know people would deny this but some people just don't want to believe, some think they are too good for God, some don't like the idea of submission.

I have no issues with sceptics. I was sceptical myself at first.

Maybe some do believe but don't want to admit it.

I'd love to talk to some of these guys face to face and not over a keyboard about their beliefs.

I know people would deny this but some people just don't want to believe, some think they are too good for God, some don't like the idea of submission.

I have no issues with sceptics. I was sceptical myself at first.

Maybe some do believe but don't want to admit it.

I'd love to talk to some of these guys face to face and not over a keyboard about their beliefs.
Perhaps.
In some cases it may be safer to start with zoom.
No, just kidding.
I too was very skeptical, and still have questions today, but the submission part is spot on.

Yes it is ask a Christian but not debate a Christian.

That it is. Why not ask believers to provide robust evidence for claimed historical events such as the resurrection? Why not ask about the origins and concept of God and the concept of Satan? Why not ask about the concept of sin?

Why not question responses and ask for further clarification / justification?

That it is. Why not ask believers to provide robust evidence for claimed historical events such as the resurrection? Why not ask about the origins and concept of God and the concept of Satan? Why not ask about the concept of sin?

Why not question responses and ask for further clarification / justification?
Because nearly all the time people are just wanting to debate it.

I would love there to be an ask an atheist thread as there are lots of questions I'd be interested to ask the atheists on here but they are not questions intended for a debate

I'm not going to debate you I'm not interested in debating non-believers.
That's understandable when you have no evidence.

Have you read this book? It's amazing. And it's a book, so it must be legit, right?

1607422279589.png

It's been done to death by people far more intelligent than you and I.
And religion lost every time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Some folks think the pathological irrationality demanded by religion is bad for society and should be discouraged.

You guys aren't as far removed from QAnon as you'd like to think.
Christianity is not a cult, and conspiracy theories abound in this thread.

Tell me, are you aware of what the word forum means? Its origins?
Who cares? You have your own agenda and none of your questions are for your edification. You already have your knowledge AND OPINIONS, and any reply we make is substandard and unacceptable for you.

Who cares? You have your own agenda and none of your questions are for your edification. You already have your knowledge AND OPINIONS, and any reply we make is substandard and unacceptable for you.
No, it is not. It helps when one actually answers a question, ever.

Take you, for instance. Are you going to answer whether you think that non-christians are capable of love any time soon, or are you going to continue ignoring the question? Surely, it isn't that hard, is it?

Sounds like something a cult member would say.

It's because you have no evidence that isn't simply holding up your beliefs as evidence for your beliefs.

"Look, it's in the bible, so we know it's true. How do we know? Because it says so."

This kind of circular reasoning is central to religious belief.

Can you offer any evidence for your beliefs that isn't obviously flawed in this way? Do you have any more evidence for your beliefs than some Viking who worshipped Odin? Why is your belief any more reasonable or tenable or evidence-based than a belief in Thor?

Last edited:
Or, are you going to run away again, Vdubs? Would God approve of how uneager you are to expose a gentile to the words of the true faith?
Having hung around this thread long enough this year, it's obvious what the genuine questions are.
You do not want the words of the true faith- your reaction to actual scripture is derogatory.

Because nearly all the time people are just wanting to debate it.

A conversation. Asking for clarification and reasoning for Christian belief is legitimate in 'Ask a Christian". This isnt a thread for proselytizing.

I would love there to be an ask an atheist thread as there are lots of questions I'd be interested to ask the atheists on here

Start one up. Ask away.

No, it is not. It helps when one actually answers a question, ever.

Take you, for instance. Are you going to answer whether you think that non-christians are capable of love any time soon, or are you going to continue ignoring the question? Surely, it isn't that hard, is it?
You are like a dog at a bone. It is too difficult for me to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back