Australia A vs Pakistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate have a real good think about it,a T20 game at the 12 over mark or even a 1 dayer at the 40 over mark and with that scoreline of cause you need quick runs,Maxwell would be the bloke I would want.BUT a 5 day test match or even a 4 day shield game has the ability to bat long innings which he has done in the past with limited chances to play these games.

Go and look at his dumb dismissal against WA in the Shield game last month...

Bancroft is great at these cockroach innings making him look like the best of a bad bunch.

I hope the selectors ignore.

Yep, he is pretty much blocking away, hoping to run out of partners so he can say hey, I wasn't dismissed...

Also a lot easier to do it at no6 than if he was opening, but now people will want him back as an opener as making 10 off 50 balls is better than 20 off 30 balls in test cricket

I know the bar was low, but he made more in his last innings than his previous 7 combined...

Very lucky to be playing on the Adelaide Freeway rather than here this week!!!

He still made two hundreds in the Ashes

Yep, he is pretty much blocking away, hoping to run out of partners so he can say hey, I wasn't dismissed...

Also a lot easier to do it at no6 than if he was opening, but now people will want him back as an opener as making 10 off 50 balls is better than 20 off 30 balls in test cricket

Yeah, because throwing away your wicket is what he should be doing. Just like all the others have done.

He still made two hundreds in the Ashes

One being the most front running hundred you'll see in an innings where the opposition was down to 2 bowlers and James Pattinson would have made a hundred if Paine didn't declare...Sure his second was a little better, coming after 7 straight failures and basically under no pressure whatsoever as the game was lost, but how he has become a lock in the test side who you now claim is Australia's 3rd or 4th best batsman, I'll never know.

One being the most front running hundred you'll see in an innings where the opposition was down to 2 bowlers and James Pattinson would have made a hundred if Paine didn't declare...Sure his second was a little better, coming after 7 straight failures and basically under no pressure whatsoever as the game was lost, but how he has become a lock in the test side who you now claim is Australia's 3rd or 4th best batsman, I'll never know.
It's cause he's 12 years old and to kids what they see right here right now is all that matters. So for example all the batsmen in the A side today are completely useless but tomorrow any one of them that scores runs is in the test side ASAP

Yeah, can absolutely judge that on one innings
I mean there's a reason why this lot are continuously in & out of the test team. All decent shield players but never going to overly excel at international level (with the exception of Khawaja to some point). It isn't just this innings, pretty clear pattern imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You judge him on 1 innings do you mind and was top score in that innings.

Yes and in typical fashion played a dumb as plank shot to get out. It’s not a ODI use your brain and get a not out

He came in at effectively 4/115 in that 1st test sure they were a bowler down but still a pressure situation

I mean there's a reason why this lot are continuously in & out of the test team. All decent shield players but never going to overly excel at international level (with the exception of Khawaja to some point). It isn't just this innings, pretty clear pattern imo
You’re judging an early 20s year old in Pucovski based on this? Fair enough on Harris and Head

No, but he isn't even trying to protect the no11, he is simply blocking away ensuring he doesn't get out, very selfish

They've faced 69 balls in this partnership with Meredith facing 26 (primarily spin) and Bancroft 43 (primarily pace). He's faced over 60% of the deliveries but he's blocking away and selfishly leaving Meredith to take the strike. Okay then.

They've faced 69 balls in this partnership with Meredith facing 26 (primarily spin) and Bancroft 43 (primarily pace). He's faced over 60% of the deliveries but he's blocking away and selfishly leaving Meredith to take the strike. Okay then.
If Bancroft was a Victorian, eddiesmith: "Love how Bancroft values his wicket more than the others"

So predictable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back