Fixture PM's XI vs Pakistan. 6-9 December @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Renshaw is fundamentally a better batsmen than Bancroft, the fact he has a test ton, younger and with his performances for Aus A/ PmXI should mean he is first cab off the rank. My only issue with him in the test side is it will force Ussie to probably play a bit more aggressive and free flowing. Ideally I’d like to try Head there first and then Renshaw come in once Ussie has retired. Tough predicament to be in, do not envy the selectors currently

Waddya mean Bangers 50 at 41 was much more impressive than a selfish 100 @ 40
Agree on you with most things but unfortunately not here. Not hyping up renners slowness but for the entirety of Bancrofts innings you felt it was only a matter of time till they trapped him front. The amount of times his head fell way over to the offside, it was only a matter of time.

Renshaw is fundamentally a better batsmen than Bancroft, the fact he has a test ton, younger and with his performances for Aus A/ PmXI should mean he is first cab off the rank. My only issue with him in the test side is it will force Ussie to probably play a bit more aggressive and free flowing. Ideally I’d like to try Head there first and then Renshaw come in once Ussie has retired. Tough predicament to be in, do not envy the selectors currently

I agree with most your points but not here (hope you don’t hate me okay). I’m not robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Head is so good at 5 why on earth move him? I’d rather gamble on Green opening than that. Renshaw or Green to open for me

Head's excellent where he is.
No need to move him to try and accommodate another bat.

Whether it's Bancroft or Renshaw, just pick them and let them open.

I agree with most your points but not here (hope you don’t hate me okay). I’m not robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Head is so good at 5 why on earth move him? I’d rather gamble on Green opening than that. Renshaw or Green to open for me
Green's not an opener.
He's even said so himself.

I agree in not moving head.

Has to be Renshaw or Bancroft.
Don't think there's much in it.

Agree on you with most things but unfortunately not here. Not hyping up renners slowness but for the entirety of Bancrofts innings you felt it was only a matter of time till they trapped him front. The amount of times his head fell way over to the offside, it was only a matter of time.
Haha I was joking!

I don’t think neither are much chop but I’d go to Renners before Bancroft personally, and both welllllll before Harris

Head's excellent where he is.
No need to move him to try and accommodate another bat.

Whether it's Bancroft or Renshaw, just pick them and let them open.

Yep my preference would be Renshaw

Whats Carey done to fall out of favour?

Strong rumours going around Inglis will be the Test keeper this summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I was joking!

I don’t think neither are much chop but I’d go to Renners before Bancroft personally, and both welllllll before Harris
I think Renshaw might be the better prospect, marginally, but I think you have to reward first-class form and Bancroft is well ahead of the pack. It would be nice if he had the whole summer to settle, with Renshaw ready to take his spot if he fails after five, but unfortunately it's only two Tests to settle in.

I think Renshaw might be the better prospect, marginally, but I think you have to reward first-class form and Bancroft is well ahead of the pack. It would be nice if he had the whole summer to settle, with Renshaw ready to take his spot if he fails after five, but unfortunately it's only two Tests to settle in.
Renshaw's first class average since the start of last shield season is higher than Bancroft's... Considerably higher. I assume you mean reward shield form? Renshaw has tore up every PM's XI and Aus A match he has played and been alright in the shield. Bancroft has done well in the shield, failed in county, failed against NZ A and now done ok against Pakistan. And if we want to back to last year's county, Renshaw averaged 48 for Somerset, the same team Bancroft average 19 for this year. Plenty more "First Class Cricket" been played by these guys than just the Shield.

Last edited:
Yeah can’t disagree with that to be honest, probably best to reward Shield in which yeah Bangers is well out front

Yeah can’t disagree with that to be honest, probably best to reward Shield in which yeah Bangers is well out front

Bangers home pitch is a Road. The Gabba asks more questions. Bangers is not well in front.

I'm still scarred from Renshaw's 2 runs from 2 innings including a golden against India earlier in the year

I was one of the people backing him to come in too

I'm still scarred from Renshaw's 2 runs from 2 innings including a golden against India earlier in the year

I was one of the people backing him to come in too
I wouldn't get too excited he hasn't done alot else apart from dominate the Aus A / Tour games which generally have all been roads but luckily for him his competition haven't done alot either.

Shield Stats for Opener contenders this Shield Season.

Renshaw - 348 runs @ 31.63 - 1 x 100 and 2 x 50's
Bancroft - 512 runs @ 56.88 - 2 x 100's and 3 x 50's
Harris - 282 runs @ 31.33 - 1x 100 and 1x 50

Bancroft has been the clear standout in Shield cricket, Harris and Renshaw are struggling by the looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back