2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 18 Australia v Pakistan 20/10 1900hrs @ M Chinnaswamy Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

That's cute. NZ will start losing from their next game

In terms of tournament progression (yes they’ve never won one) they’re the second best performed World Cup side in history having made the semi finals or better 8 times. Given that they are 4-0 even allowing for a relatively comfortable early draw, it makes no sense to be slagging them off at the moment.

In terms of tournament progression (yes they’ve never won one) they’re the second best performed World Cup side in history having made the semi finals or better 8 times. Given that they are 4-0 even allowing for a relatively comfortable early draw, it makes no sense to be slagging them off at the moment.
Clearly don't understand banter.

At some point they're going to lose. I'd like them to beat India but they'll doctor the s**t out of that wicket so good luck

Clearly don't understand banter.

At some point they're going to lose. I'd like them to beat India but they'll doctor the s**t out of that wicket so good luck

This makes no sense and India would surely be starting to learn this.

When you turn a wicket into a minefield, it brings the opposition’s otherwise fairly average spinners into the equation.
India can pick from 3 of the world’s 4/5 best ODI spinners, bowlers who will be tough to deal with on any regulation Indian pitch. NZ has Ish Sodhi and Mitchell Santner - and even on the pitches he has had so far Santner is actually bowling well.
Turning the pitches into a lottery only serves to close the gap between the two sides if there is one, not to widen it.

Interesting that Warner now has Australia's 3 largest individual scores in World Cups.
23 times has an Aussie passed 150 in ODIs, Warner has 7 of them! Next best is Gilly with two. He’s very much in the conversation as our best ever batsmen in this format, but that will never be acknowledged as too many Aussies hate him.

23 times has an Aussie passed 150 in ODIs, Warner has 7 of them! Next best is Gilly with two. He’s very much in the conversation as our best ever batsmen in this format, but that will never be acknowledged as too many Aussies hate him.
Hey I've been one of his harshest critics, but credit where it's due - when he fires, he's one of our most destructive batsmen ever.

Put his antagonistic persona aside , you are spot on , in this format of the game , he is numero uno in the batting rankings of Australian cricket. as an aside , his Test cricket career , good solid performer , his technique against the swinging,seaming ball is Shizen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have got home from there, but we were 0 down at the same stage! Crazy game
It is a crazy game , in saying that , if/when our openers luck it out , our middle order is very fragile , cannot play both Lasagna and Smith , one has to go , for me , it’s Smith. Dual sided bonus is that he can keep his body and mind focused and fresh for the matches that count. Test Cricket

Our bowling is our biggest worry.
I think we have the best batting line up in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back