Toast Australian Open Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

number 10 ranked... can't beat a limping opponent.

Rublev was unreal but this is utterly ridiculous. Beaten 6-0 to a bloke with shot calves. Gotta be better than that.

Has lot to say, anyways I’ll enjoy watching him get slaughtered by the Russian in this last set😍

We’ve (Aussies) have and historically have had a lot of floggish tennis players, I just can’t fathom how De Minauer could be one of them? Pretty quietly spoken, doesn’t act or do anything too outlandish.

Asking for my wife (really)...

She wants to know if the male players are tending to be wearing g-strings these days or are jock-straps still in vogue? She says she can't see a visible strap-line under the tight shorts (she doesn't care much for the looser fit shorts) and she's noticed a greater degree of separation than she expected on some of the players.

I tried to explain why a VPL is often more noticeable on females but now I have to cook dinner for simply stating facts.

We’ve (Aussies) have and historically have had a lot of floggish tennis players, I just can’t fathom how De Minauer could be one of them? Pretty quietly spoken, doesn’t act or do anything too outlandish.

Iirc there was floggishness a couple of years ago. In the absence of an answer I will try my new BFF AI

Don't even bother with posters like him mate. Absolutely braindead rationale. His 'reasons' for hating on one of the mildest male Aussie tennis guns in ages can be boiled down to this: he made them the * up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't even bother with posters like him mate. Absolutely braindead rationale. His 'reasons' for hating on one of the mildest male Aussie tennis guns in ages can be boiled down to this: he made them the * up

He hurt my feelings

Told me to “jog”

I watched a bit tonight (purely as research to help my wife). What I can say is that tennis commentators add precisely nothing to the game. Not a darn single thing.

Afl
Tennis
Cricket
Horse Racing
Formula 1
Australian Survivor

A conga line of Captain Obvioususes and Captain Lookatmees

I'm not much into watching tennis but in the games I've seen, it is greatly appreciated that Jim courier doesn't seem to be commentating and although I have seen McEnroe, I don't think I've heard his whiney commentary.

Djokovic is doing vomit burps. Looks well out of it.

And he'll still probably win, superhuman campaigner that he is

I thought you were going to say Goat
Never. He is the best ever but if he finished his career with 50 slams he wouldn't be any more popular than he is now (even in a hypothetical situation where we don't actually have to sit through 26 more tournaments).

It's what happens when your style of play is more robotic than elegant and you continue to have outbursts rather than learning to suck it up when things aren't going your way, like the other two lads with 20 slams. You hear the crowds in his slam games. They generally respect him rather than actively like him

Never. He is the best ever but if he finished his career with 50 slams he wouldn't be any more popular than he is now (even in a hypothetical situation where we don't actually have to sit through 26 more tournaments).

It's what happens when your style of play is more robotic than elegant and you continue to have outbursts rather than learning to suck it up when things aren't going your way, like the other two lads with 20 slams. You hear the crowds in his slam games. They generally respect him rather than actively like him

Well said

Just saw that couriers is here doing commentary. Looks like he's lost some weight. Turned on to the BBL as I have no interest in Jimmy relating stories of his prowess with brief interruptions from the current match.

And my wife says I'm wrong but I have to ask: has John McEnroe had a stroke or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back