Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Slam has sold over 750 tickets to the show this weekend, they have announced, checked and it looks like it is a little over that now.

Great shout out from Will Ospreay to MCW in the press conference today for AEW. Brooks shouted back on twitter.

Would love to see him with a lot of their roster, Waterman and him would be a classic. Rocky would be an interesting one seeing as Rocky works the typical Japanese style you get over here, especially in AJPW nowadays. Ugg, knight etc as well.

Rock and roll did over 400 supposedly. Crowd looked good on socials.

Rocky attacked tommy knight at wrestle rampage last night to cost him and delta the tag titles

Renegades was a fun show last night. Glad Waterman showed up too - he adds another bona fide main eventer to the group.

I’ve got 1x GA standing for Ballroom Brawl next week that I can no longer use. If anyone on here wants it, let me know, otherwise I’ll go through the formal MCW refund channels in the coming days (which I’ve never previously done, but this is about the fifth time in the last year I’ve bought one or more tickets for people who can’t then attend, and it’s starting to get exxy).

Seems like ROW is hitting their straps now. Lochy Hendrix looks a million bucks. The Northcote Theatre is a great venue. Strong women's division. Waterman in the mix is intriguing. Great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like pwa is sold out tonight.

Spoiler below:
Charli Evans is winning the rumble

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like pwa is sold out tonight.

Spoiler below:
Charli Evans is winning the rumble

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems like PWA doesn't even respect the basic concept of professional wrestling which is to make the audience suspend their disbelief enough to believe what is going on could potentially be real.

I'm sorry but 5'2 Charli Evans who is barely higher than the top rope overcoming three grown men who are much larger and are in much better shape than her just doesn't make sense. You have to feel bad for all three guys as well because Osborne, Kiedis and Braxton have been made to look silly by both Charli Evans and Jess Troy in the span of like 2 months, that was the final four tonight, those three and Evans.

Jess Troy has just embarrassed so many wrestlers. The Velocities you can kind of buy because they're similar sizes but Ricky South is at least a foot taller than her and would easily have 30-40 kilograms on her, Sam Osborne would have 30-40 kilograms on her as well and at least 5-6 inches of height, Ben Braxton was someone who lost to Jess Troy also despite being a foot taller and 30-40 kilos heavier.

It's insulting to the audience and they'll vote with their wallets soon enough. There was a much better choice to win the rumble tonight just like there is a much better choice on who should be PWA Heavyweight Champion as well. Oh but we get to see Charli Vs Jess who literally have wrestled one another over 10+ times in the past, that'll sell a lot of tickets...

It seems like PWA doesn't even respect the basic concept of professional wrestling which is to make the audience suspend their disbelief enough to believe what is going on could potentially be real.

I'm sorry but 5'2 Charli Evans who is barely higher than the top rope overcoming three grown men who are much larger and are in much better shape than her just doesn't make sense. You have to feel bad for all three guys as well because Osborne, Kiedis and Braxton have been made to look silly by both Charli Evans and Jess Troy in the span of like 2 months, that was the final four tonight, those three and Evans.

Jess Troy has just embarrassed so many wrestlers. The Velocities you can kind of buy because they're similar sizes but Ricky South is at least a foot taller than her and would easily have 30-40 kilograms on her, Sam Osborne would have 30-40 kilograms on her as well and at least 5-6 inches of height, Ben Braxton was someone who lost to Jess Troy also despite being a foot taller and 30-40 kilos heavier.

It's insulting to the audience and they'll vote with their wallets soon enough. There was a much better choice to win the rumble tonight just like there is a much better choice on who should be PWA Heavyweight Champion as well. Oh but we get to see Charli Vs Jess who literally have wrestled one another over 10+ times in the past, that'll sell a lot of tickets...
Who would have you picked? I don't mind Evans winning. Looking at who they had in the match, there wasn't many choices. Troy vs Evans is pretty good even though I agree they've run it a ton. I didn't mind their no dq match despite how endlessly long it took to set up that chair contraption at the end. The work between was good.

The Backman elimination was pretty laughable though. Even if it was one of the Velocities in that position it would have been funny watching someone so small just throw the person out, like actually pick them up and throw them. They really should have workshopped that one.

Thought it was more bland and really showed they haven't moved at all in 3 years. The same people in the same places.

if the show was sold out with 600 people there then it feels like they voted with their wallets already, doesnt it?

A few thoughts from last night's Ballroom Brawl;

Entertaining matches from start to finish and a hot crowd made for a great night. Rapid vs. Moretti was a standout from an in-ring perspective. The Brawl itself was great fun but the lack of star power meant it wasn't as epic as some of the previous ones.

The farewell for Delta was tremendously moving although it wasn't on the telecast. Delta's rise has been the highlight of Australian wrestling in the past three years and it has been a privilege to watch it unfold in MCW. It's a shame we didn't get another 6 months to see her challenge Slex for the belt but that's how it goes. Very excited to see how she fares in NXT/WWE.

South
winning the Brawl is an interesting one. I'm glad that he's now going to be featured prominently in MCW but for the majority of fans this would have been the first time seeing him. I was certain that Jarvis was going to win but we'll see where it goes.

Still a bit confused about how MCW approaches who is the # 1 contender for their belts. Knight won an 8-way elimination match at Anniversary for a championship match of his choosing which he never cashed in. Instead he faced Ugg for a number 1 contender's match, Ugg wins. Now he's the number one contender but there's no title match at Ballroom Brawl and
Ricky South
wins that. If Slex is off stateside in September that's a lot of loose ends to tie up.

On the women's side, Erika pins Cherry in the triple threat to become champ. Delta doesn't get a re-match and Cherry is the # 1 contender. Now Cherry has a match against Kingsley and that is for the # 1 contender's slot? I'm not asking for a convoluted ranking system like AEW attempted but just a little more consistency with these stipulations would make it less confusing for those of us trying to explain it to our mates!

I missed the first few matches due to coming from the MCG, but I expected Moretti and Ryan Rapid to be a belter, so it’s no surprise to hear that.

The Delta send-off was perfect. One of the most impactful runs in Australian wrestling that I can remember. I hope the U.S. fans love her as much as we do - she is a special talent.

Still a bit confused about how MCW approaches who is the # 1 contender for their belts. Knight won an 8-way elimination match at Anniversary for a championship match of his choosing which he never cashed in. Instead he faced Ugg for a number 1 contender's match, Ugg wins. Now he's the number one contender but there's no title match at Ballroom Brawl and

Ricky South
wins that. If Slex is off stateside in September that's a lot of loose ends to tie up.

We were discussing this last night too. I assume we get Slex v Ugg at Vendetta, and then the Ballroom Brawl winner against Ugg down the line. It doesn’t seem like they’re going to pivot to Knight/Thorpe (based on that earlier Anniversary stipulation) but they could do an IC title program. Tommy is quietly becoming a real favourite as well.

It will be interesting to see where they go next. I am also loving the influx of new talent, some of whom are absolutely smashing it out of the park. Tuck Man is an awesome babyface. If he is to ever turn heel (way down the line), I hope he just changes his character to be a member of the Fanatics.

The fact we’ve got basically three months to the next show almost makes it feel like a bit of an offseason, and potentially something of a reset too, if Slex is going.

Jessie Lambert deserves a mention for his role in the Brawl. Absolutely killed it.

I took along 2 new comers last night and they'll become regulars after that show. A rumble match is a great intro to get a look at the roster.

It will be interesting to see where they go next. I am also loving the influx of new talent, some of whom are absolutely smashing it out of the park. Tuck Man is an awesome babyface. If he is to ever turn heel (way down the line), I hope he just changes his character to be a member of the Fanatics.

The fact we’ve got basically three months to the next show almost makes it feel like a bit of an offseason, and potentially something of a reset too, if Slex is going.

I'm enjoying the ICON$ as a heel stable but the constant screw jobs will get frustrating pretty quickly. The storyline has to result in a new top babyface winning the belt and breaking up the stable. Delta would have been the one but she's gone now. Mitch Waterman now seems back in the mid-card and looks set to feud with Ryan Rapid. Ugg is massively over but September seems too soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back