Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah its cool.. we used to be so close (not best friends.. like next level down) back 20 years ago.

I emphasized, id like to catch up maybe watch a game of footy.

100% above board, trust me.

And he looked great too! Still nothing there.
Admire your honesty

Thank you C.

I remember when i broke up with my ex- it took months for the "ah youll get back together one day" etc etc to stop. Ffs how many times do I have to say "i am not attracted to him anymore. Its DONE"

Ffs, it really annoyed me that. Maybe they were trying to be nice or supportive idk..

No doubt on your motives Shell. I've just never known a guy to go out with a girl one on one because he wants a catch up and a chat.

I have when catching up with old mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt on your motives Shell. I've just never known a guy to go out with a girl one on one because he wants a catch up and a chat.

I totally get what you're saying. But trust me- I didnt get that "vibe" at all from him, no way whatsoever.

So not only do we have people who have to ask permission to spend more than 10 dollars but we also have people that would never catch up with a (old) female friend or (old) female work colleague alone.

Would you prevent your partner from catching up with someone of the opposing (or same if that's your jam) sex alone?

Y'all a bunch of creeps.

Smooth Latin dance moves

Was at a loose end walking in Auckland one hot* weekday afternoon, desired a refreshing beverage, and the only welcoming brewery sign among the rows of dusty vacant premises with faded "To Let" signs, adult bookshops and $2 shops with plastic crap taking up half the footpath, was above the door of "Auckland's Greatest Latino Venue!"

You'd think I was old enough to beware of any place that needed an exclamation mark after its name and called itself the greatest when it was probably the only Latino venue in the entire city, but wanting a refreshing beverage on a hot day transcended common sense.

Trotted up two dark flights of stairs to a bar the size of your average tennis court stadium, with a few chairs at one end populated by mature Latinas sipping drinks and smoking up a storm. A small stage was at the other. The bar was on the far side of what I correctly surmised was a dance floor. Huge dance floor. Shafts of watery sunlight ran from three small, filthy windows high on one wall through the smoke haze to form faded grey rectangles on the worn, dirty floorboards. It was the only light in the gloom.

Pride prevented the turn-tail-and-run move, so I did the whole slow walk across no mans land with the left side of my face burning from the intensity of eight mature Latinas' gaze. Leaned against the bar (no stools) and ordered a beer.

Two mature Latinas apparated next to me - no exaggeration, I didn't detect any movement, they were just *there* - got up close with their cleavage and asked for my dancing credentials. The barman put on a Greatest Latino Dance Hits CD. I apologised for my lack of dancing ability and explained I was only there for a beer and took a sip. The mature Latinas got closer, one said, "It is no problem, we will teach you the ways of our dance" and gave a hip wiggle. The other put her hand high on my inner thigh and whispered in my ear, "You will learn the sexiest dancing in the world" before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me away from the bar.

At this point I
absolutely panicked. I didn't want them to see that I wasn't lying about my lack of dancing ability, and being nearly thirty the possibilities engendered by being taught sexiest things by mature Latinas on a hot afternoon did not appeal in the slightest.

(Now I'm 25 years older, stacked matures are not the cause of reticence and alarm. Ah, the folly of youth.)

So I did the only thing that I could think of. I reached into my pocket, turned off my pager, and turned it on again.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Whipped it out, looked at the display. "I'm awfully sorry, I've got to go. Emergency call. Some other time?" * pride. Turned tail and ran. It was the only time I have ever been glad I carried a pager.

And I'd only had one sip of beer.

Like I said, smooth Latin dance moves.

* at least 23 degrees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back