Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Robbos article today in Herald Sun with a pic of Johannison running away from a Saints bloke on 'Saturday night' was last year when they wore the dog jumper and saints wore their clash. A bit lazy I thought

I'm with Dylan, I quite like them. I think they're intentionally bad just so you can have a half second 'Ha' at them

You sort of have to decide when you're going to photoshop something like that whether to go all out or not. It's the kind of thing where there's not a lot of middle ground. It's either good enough to look right, or it's "so bad it's good". The ones that are in the middle in an uncanny valley of sorts are usually the worst because you can see they tried and thought it was good enough to let out into the public, when it's really just not good.

A "lame headline/graphic" competition would be a fun exercise.

Could even be a weekly thing. Choose one match per round to construct an image with a bad headline, in the same style as afl.com.au has done.

Would be very interested in finding the cheesiest headline possible.
Best part is that good execution is only preferable, not a necessity.

Cant-Start-Harley-AFL.jpg

Geeez

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like they're just taking the piss with their own content. I love it! Maybe they're having an internal cringe-off?
Like how Ch7 continually send rompingwins out to interview the Auskick kids depite his clear ineptitude with children.

Like how Ch7 continually send rompingwins out to interview the Auskick kids depite his clear ineptitude with children.
Those poor kids probably convert to NRL after those interviews.

I used to enjoy dad jokes but these afl headlines have ruined my love for them.

stormy2 , where is that competition you were gonna do.
Well given the mods haven't replied (after asking several times over several mediums) and comps need mod approval, then I'm waiting for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back