Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

So Mayne and Ballantyne are out of the club because they don't like Fyfe.
How does that explain the likely loss of Barlow?

I call bullshit to both rumours.

Ross doesn't want Barlow.

He wanted Mayne though, because the club didn't even put his leaving as top story on club website.

Hmmm "arse crumpet face". You might be on to something there.

Give him a break mate, he did say that we were trading our Mayne compensation pick for McCarthy the night before the trade despite every other journalist in Australia saying it involved pick 3 and pick 7.

Oh wait...

Will live on the Mitchell story for the next two years.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hagdorn is in fine fettle tonight. Says that Ballantyne to Eagles will get done and that Ballas has had a gutful of Fyfe.

He said that he does'nt deal in rumours, only in facts.

Lets hope this is true.

Ballas isn't fit to polish Fyfe's shoes, perhaps if he took his advice on board he would be a better player.

I still can't fathom how a grown man in a team sport will leave because he doesn't get on with one player. I mean come on, that has to be rubbish.

I can understand it. Imagine the player you don't get on with is the most important player at the club, and future captain. You really wouldn't stand a chance and would need to move on.

I still can't fathom how a grown man in a team sport will leave because he doesn't get on with one player. I mean come on, that has to be rubbish.

That is part of the reason, but its the $$$ and years which he wants more.

Hagdorn is in fine fettle tonight. Says that Ballantyne to Eagles will get done and that Ballas has had a gutful of Fyfe.

He said that he does'nt deal in rumours, only in facts.

be9Z4gf.jpg

I have heard similar stuff regarding Fyfe 3rd hand from Ballas. Reckons he never hangs out with the guys, also the reason he is not captain etc.

But that's not the main reason for wanting out. Needs the $$ and a longer contract than what Freo are offering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that's not the main reason for wanting out. Needs the $$ and a longer contract than what Freo are offering

Needs the $ ??

If another club gives him a 3 yr contract that's only 1 more than Freo

I don't buy the Fyfe bullshit but something isn't right if he wants out

Seriously, grown men do not quit a club because Fyfe doesn't hang out with the guys. FFS he trains with them every day

I played soccer in my formative years and only saw most of the guys at training and on match day, plus the obligatory piss up after.

I don't get why he is not liked when he took Barlow, who is a top bloke, to the Brownlow lol

Ballantyne is right, Fyfe does hang out with the guys far less than others. But so what? Fyfe will be at the club driving training standards.

Someone needs to remind Ballas we aren't in a social club.

I know a lot of the younger guys in the team look up to Fyfe and that's what counts. And we know Fyfe has a strong relationship with Barlow, Spurr, etc.

The most important thing is that Fyfe will be in the trenches in every game doing what he can to get the team over the line, even if it is detrimental to his own body. As a teammate, what more can you ask for?

Hope Ballantyne is traded, and I think he will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what if he doesn't hang out with the boys all the time. Not everyone is a social being. Look he shows his leadership on the field and that is all that matters

My two cents, I reckon Fyfe would actually be a pretty hard guy to play footy with. It's more about the standard really good players set for themselves and everyone around them. I must admit I did have a lot of respect for Patrick Dangerfield this year. Had a standout year and seemed to keep a bit affable likability about him.

I have heard similar stuff regarding Fyfe 3rd hand from Ballas. Reckons he never hangs out with the guys, also the reason he is not captain etc.

I hate this s**t. I remember the Michael Jordan's Bulls, none of the players hang out. Even, one of the assistant coaches thought Luc Longley was from New Zealand.

AFL need to get more professional and stop this BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back