General Bombers Talk "Banter Threads" - Do you want one with Norf?

Do you want a banter thread with North?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Jack Wutts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the best one was in Rd15 1993 when Essendon "legends" Mark Harvey and Tim Watson both stood Duck at the same time in the last quarter, one on either side, and he still ripped them apart and won the game off his own boot for us.

Hacks.

Nah, the best one was in Rd15 1993 when Essendon "legends" Mark Harvey and Tim Watson both stood Duck at the same time in the last quarter, one on either side, and he still ripped them apart and won the game off his own boot for us.

Hacks.

I reckon they were smiling more come seasons end, though that's just an Essendon thing North probably don't understand. We thrive to win premierships, North thrive to beat Essendon.

16>4 says as much

And yet both of them enjoyed more on-field success than Duck.

Footy aint fair, I guess.

Speaking of Duck, of NM's three premiership captains, one's a shithead adulterer, one's a shithead fraud, and yet I bet the one they like the least is the one who's also an Essendon champeen. :D

Yep.
33 and couldn't run.
Had to put him somewhere, LOL. Can't remember if Harvey was on Watson's shoulders or the other way around but either way they were just about the same height put together.

My favourite bit of 93 was Duck single-handedly putting Norf into 3rd in the last round of the season.
Kicked 1 goal 329 points against Footscray and costing them top spot; then got flogged by the Weagles.

Yep.
33 and couldn't run.
Had to put him somewhere, LOL. Can't remember if Harvey was on Watson's shoulders or the other way around but either way they were just about the same height put together.

My favourite bit of 93 was Duck single-handedly putting Norf into 3rd in the last round of the season.
Kicked 1 goal 329 points against Footscray and costing them top spot; then got flogged by the Weagles.

We were stuffed by then anyway - Longmire doing his knee buggered us.

Anyway, you didn't deserve to win 93, everyone knows that and the footy gods evened up the ledger by making you endure 99.

Anyway, you didn't deserve to win 93,

clint_eastwood_unforgiven.jpg

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Well now I'm just nostalgic for the powerhouse club days of the 90's:

Essendon, North, West Coast.. Geelong, apart from the whole "never winning the flag" part.

Yep, it was the golden era of footy in every way.

It still gives me so much pleasure to think that in both our Grand Final wins, you'd lost a prelim by a point the week before.

That said, the only thing lacking in that decade was a North v Essendon GF.

Would have been epic.

We were stuffed by then anyway - Longmire doing his knee buggered us.

Anyway, you didn't deserve to win 93, everyone knows that and the footy gods evened up the ledger by making you endure 99.

Rubbish. Essendon was the best team that year. It was just unsustainable like West Coast last year and Hawthorn in 08. The god aligned to have veterans in good form providing a back bone for a nice suite of young future stars to play around. In all three lack of experience in some was made up for with a very good run of injuries allowing consistent selections.

It still gives me so much pleasure to think that in both our Grand Final wins, you'd lost a prelim by a point the week before.

I would have thought you would have preferred beating Essendon on the biggest stage of all in '96, rather than Sydney. Since that's more than likely what would have happened.

I'll not concede that for '99, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it was the golden era of footy in every way.

That said, the only thing lacking in that decade was a North v Essendon GF.

Would have been epic.
Thing is though, and I'm not even being facetious, I honestly believe if that had've happened one side would've been far too strong for the other.

96 you had our measure
98 you easily had our measure
99 we had yours (yeah, yeah.. We lost to Carlton, not North)
2000 we spanked you in the QF
01 neither were good enough

1993 is the one that got away from us. Top all year then blew it in 2 weeks. Makes it easier knowing we were shot come West Coast game.
What you Essendon folk forget is what happened to us in 98.
Just like 99 spurred you on to that season in 2000, 98 hurt us just as much.

End of the day both out teams have been floating about for nearly 10 years.

I actually want you to do well under Hird.
Nothing better than beating you when your up and about. Would love it to be a final.

I would have thought you would have preferred beating Essendon on the biggest stage of all in '96, rather than Sydney. Since that's more than likely what would have happened.

Oh yeah.

Thing is though, and I'm not even being facetious, I honestly believe if that had've happened one side would've been far too strong for the other.

96 you had our measure
98 you easily had our measure
99 we had yours (yeah, yeah.. We lost to Carlton, not North)
2000 we spanked you in the QF
01 neither were good enough

The one that still shits me more than anything is 94.

Leigh bloody Tudor and his floating kick.

I honestly reckon we would have rolled West Coast in the Grand Final.

Carey was in epic form in that finals series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back