Off-topic Bay 13 Roundball Discussion - Optus can GAGF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it was determined a year ago, that they wouldn’t make it, and at that point people were reasonably pissed. However, in true Dutch utilitarianism, they got over it and soon forgot about the tournament. It’s very low key here compared to the last couple. The only reason I knew it was about to start is because I started to see Moroccan flags up around the place. Anyway, I think the modus operati around here will become just supporinf whoever is playing Germany this year.
That's cool, when your team's not in it you can just relax, enjoy the game and revel in the misfortune of others . It's very Bay 13

Just finished watching the replay.

That Saudi team is the worst side I've ever seen at a World Cup. Rudderless defence against one of the weakest Russian sides I've ever seen, definitely in my lifetime anyway.

And they qualified ahead of us? :drunk:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Looking more forward to Egypt and Uruguay than I am Portugal and Spain tonight.

That Saudi team is the worst side I've ever seen at a World Cup. Rudderless defence against one of the weakest Russian sides I've ever seen, definitely in my lifetime anyway.

Saudi's are always served up as burnt offerings to the host nation in game 1. Germany cut them up 8 - 0

They always get an armchair ride in qualification group.

I agree with watching Uruguay, that will be good. Portugal and Spain will have more diving than an Alex Rance dance party.

Even worse than the 2002 side which opened with a 7-0 loss to Germany?

Even worse than the 2002 side which opened with a 7-0 loss to Germany?

Yeah Tyler Durden007 mentioned it and in the article I read about the match when I woke up this morning also gave it a run - same lines too, KSA are the sacrificial lambs always

I can't remember that 2002 match in any particular detail, just last night I've never seen such a slower, more disorganised side in a World Cup, and we've all seen England play :$

Are France any good??? I heard some Greezy frogleg said he never heard of any of the Australians. All I know about the french is they have some Fekir and a reserve goalkeeper named after part of a tit

Maybe the top 32 teams in the world at the end of the year before the world cup should automatically qualify? That way s**t teams like the Saudis won't get in.

We are currently ranked 36 so we'd miss out, but I would be cool with that.

Are France any good??? I heard some Greezy frogleg said he never heard of any of the Australians. All I know about the french is they have some Fekir and a reserve goalkeeper named after part of a tit

They are good at choking. However, there B and C sides could feature by themselves at the world cup that is how many good players they have.

Depends which French team turns up - the one that pulls off the perfect technical example of the game, or the side that cries that they can't go nightclubbing the day before a game and all threaten to leave the country unless the coach is sacked

Maybe the top 32 teams in the world at the end of the year before the world cup should automatically qualify? That way s**t teams like the Saudis won't get in.

We are currently ranked 36 so we'd miss out, but I would be cool with that.

Rankings are a folly - Brazil would be on about 9 world cup wins if they were any truth to them

Judge it on the form of the last year is how I've always judged things. Italy and the Netherlands didn't deserve to be in it rightly, Saudi Arabia played their Grand Final against us - to borrow a Bay phrase - and that is all they will have accomplished since 2014

It's not an exact science, but it's a science nonetheless - best understood over several pints

Well it was determined a year ago, that they wouldn’t make it, and at that point people were reasonably pissed. However, in true Dutch utilitarianism, they got over it and soon forgot about the tournament. It’s very low key here compared to the last couple. The only reason I knew it was about to start is because I started to see Moroccan flags up around the place. Anyway, I think the modus operati around here will become just supporinf whoever is playing Germany this year.

i thought the Dutch would be jumping on the Belgium bandwagon like England supporters jumped on the Scotland bandwagon when they missed out.

Pierre Nipple?

Depends which French team turns up - the one that pulls off the perfect technical example of the game, or the side that cries that they can't go nightclubbing the day before a game and all threaten to leave the country unless the coach is sacked

Rankings are a folly - Brazil would be on about 9 world cup wins if they were any truth to them

Judge it on the form of the last year is how I've always judged things. Italy and the Netherlands didn't deserve to be in it rightly, Saudi Arabia played their Grand Final against us - to borrow a Bay phrase - and that is all they will have accomplished since 2014

It's not an exact science, but it's a science nonetheless - best understood over several pints

350.png

Yeah that is a fair point. How to get rid of the s**t truck teams then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that is a fair point. How to get rid of the s**t truck teams then?
To be perfectly honest the teams that don't make it won't ever win it. Netherlands have been tripe since they decided to eat each other since the 2010 final, and Italy's current progression from youth-to-senior team has likewise been trash since they last won it

You'll get crap, and then you'll get the cream. If you just want to go back to the good old days of only seeing the best of the best, you'll have to cut it back to 16 like it used to be, which will s**t off half the planet

It's the same reason why the 2026 world cup with a planned 48 teams in it is going to be nothing less than using cowshit as a facial mask

Just on oogac 's point

It's hilarious and stupid, but if we are to win just one game, I reckon our best chance is against France - just knowing the history of Australian football :$

Beat the best side, lose to the other shitkickers - the last 40 years in a nutshell :$

I’ll be stunned if we score 1 goal

Brazil appear to be well coached. Players being disciplined to work hard rather than flopping about with their usual air of entitlement and petulance. And you can never turn your back on ze Germans

France on paper should win it but they have the disadvantage of being french though and their coach makes some really odd decisions.

Just on oogac 's point

It's hilarious and stupid, but if we are to win just one game, I reckon our best chance is against France - just knowing the history of Australian football :$

Beat the best side, lose to the other shitkickers - the last 40 years in a nutshell :$
If we get in their faces we have a good chance.

France have the talent but do they have the mental stregenth.

Saudi Arabia qualified ahead of us.
Got dicked by a historically decidedly average European nation.

2026 with 48 teams is going to completely suck, there will be some completely shitful teams qualifying.
Personally don't even feel we're worthy of a place.

leo-messi-weird-face-collage-meme.jpg

i thought the Dutch would be jumping on the Belgium bandwagon like England supporters jumped on the Scotland bandwagon when they missed out.

Pierre Nipple?
Dutch feel exactly the same way about Belgians as Australians feel about Kiwis. If the Belgians start to perform well they’ll jump on board and claim how Brabant should actually be a part of the Netherlands, then claim it as their triumph.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back