Bayley Fritsch vs Toby Greene

Who's the better player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Toby Greene for sure when he is actually playing and not either suspended or injured

Despite the fact he has the most punchable head in the league i'm taking Fritsch. As much as it pains me to say it Fritsch kicked more goals in the Grand Final than Greene and his entire team combined in 2019. Greene is a better overall player sure but he's either injured or suspended for half a year minimum and Fritsch has kicked 12 goals to Tobys 82 over the past 2 years. Throw on top the fact he's 3 years younger and on a much better contract for me its a no brainer go with the guy whos kicked a goal in every game this year and im 99% sure he kicked a goal in every game last year too.

Despite the fact he has the most punchable head in the league i'm taking Fritsch. As much as it pains me to say it Fritsch kicked more goals in the Grand Final than Greene and his entire team combined in 2019. Greene is a better overall player sure but he's either injured or suspended for half a year minimum and Fritsch has kicked 12 goals to Tobys 82 over the past 2 years. Throw on top the fact he's 3 years younger and on a much better contract for me its a no brainer go with the guy whos kicked a goal in every game this year and im 99% sure he kicked a goal in every game last year too.
I don't think Fritsch would have fared much better than Toby in 2019 to be honest. As footballers, it's Greene and it's not close. Fritsch offers a consistent goal scoring option, but Greene can be a match winner.

This would be much closer poll if we were comparing who had the more punchable head though.

I don't think Fritsch would have fared much better than Toby in 2019 to be honest. As footballers, it's Greene and it's not close. Fritsch offers a consistent goal scoring option, but Greene can be a match winner.

This would be much closer poll if we were comparing who had the more punchable head though.
I fully understand the match winner element and that I think overall Greene is a better player but again Greens never kicked over 45 goals Fritsch has over 50 now the last 2 years and hasn't missed a game it's not the flashy option but the one that gets the results

Fritsch
  • Best hair in the AFL
  • Consistent- kicked a goal in just about every game he's played
  • Stands up in big games- First person to kick 6 or more goals in a grand final since Darren Jarman was slim. Toby Greene kicked 0 in his grand final apperance
  • Isn't a flog
  • Isn't suspended all the time because he's not a flog
  • Doesn't miss games due to injury when he's not suspended for being a flog (Toby hasn't managed 20+ games a season since 2016)
  • Doesn't have someone with a similar name in the AFL so he stands out more and that's important
Fritsch > Daylight > Flemington Straight > Many other things > Toby Greene

Fritsch
  • Best hair in the AFL
  • Consistent- kicked a goal in just about every game he's played
  • Stands up in big games- First person to kick 6 or more goals in a grand final since Darren Jarman was slim. Toby Greene kicked 0 in his grand final apperance
  • Isn't a flog
  • Isn't suspended all the time because he's not a flog
  • Doesn't miss games due to injury when he's not suspended for being a flog (Toby hasn't managed 20+ games a season since 2016)
  • Doesn't have someone with a similar name in the AFL so he stands out more and that's important
Fritsch > Daylight > Flemington Straight > Many other things > Toby Greene
Agree with all except isn't a flog

Agree with all except isn't a flog
I've never understood the Fritsch hate. Other than how he looks is there any reason why he is hated?

Is he a stager? No.
is he courageous? Yes.
Is he a high draft pick? No, he was plucked from the vfl.
Is he a good player? Yes.
Has he been in trouble off the field? No
Is he humble when interviewed? Always.

I've never understood the Fritsch hate. Other than how he looks is there any reason why he is hated?

Is he a stager? No.
is he courageous? Yes.
Is he a high draft pick? No, he was plucked from the vfl.
Is he a good player? Yes.
Has he been in trouble off the field? No
Is he humble when interviewed? Always.
The way he looks and the fact that he’s a bit selfish is probably why.

The way he looks and the fact that he’s a bit selfish is probably why.
The selfish stuff has only come in this season though but the hatred has always been there. So yeah, basically people just being judgmental.

Also being selfish should only annoy demons fans, it shouldn't bother a neutral. So yeah, no real reasons.

I think it’s closer than most think. Fritsch’s accuracy is deadly and super valuable, and he’s not a front runner - when things aren’t going Melbourne’s way he’s often the only forward who is constantly threatening.

I’d take Toby for his midfield ability and leadership, but Fritta is a star as well

The selfish stuff has only come in this season though but the hatred has always been there. So yeah, basically people just being judgmental.

Also being selfish should only annoy demons fans, it shouldn't bother a neutral. So yeah, no real reasons.
You asked a question and I answered it. Just because you don’t agree with the reasoning doesn’t mean they’re not the reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back