BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Scorchers to lose Banners or am I reading this wrong?

Yes, gone. Was reported here a few weeks back. Real shame after being on the fringes and finally getting a BBL title win. Cant begrudge him the $$$, but the opening spot is all his. Widsh we'd have played him from game 1, clearly better than Lyth the moth

Don't think it's official yet, just that we already had the maximum 12 protected players re-signed, which was recently reduced, and he wasn't one of them. He could still re-sign with us, I think, but can't blame him if the offer is better elsewhere.

Don't think it's official yet, just that we already had the maximum 12 protected players re-signed, which was recently reduced, and he wasn't one of them. He could still re-sign with us, I think, but can't blame him if the offer is better elsewhere.
I still don't get it.
How can he resign with us if we have our 12 already?

He could've left anyway I thought.

I understand that part, but how do the uncontracted players get picked up?

Is there a draft?
They are doing the draft again, I’m unsure if that’s the main way to fill out the squad. I know the teams are able to sign Test players to a special co tract where they can play if available. That would be how we add Green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade staying in Hobart.

Ben McDermott, who has moved to Queensland for state cricket, is set to remain with the Hurricanes in the BBL.

Despite appearing to have missed out on Wade, the Renegades will land Adam Zampa from cross-town rivals the Melbourne Stars in a trade for Sam Harper.

The Stars have signed Scott Boland, with Queenslander Mark Steketee and WA’s Joel Paris also poised to join a beefed-up Stars pace battery.

The Sydney Sixers are understood to have interest in Victorian quick Mitch Perry and Sydney Thunder youngster Joel Davies.

The Stars has today completed a trade that has seen Sam Harper become a Star again and Adam Zampa move to the Renegades.

"We're thrilled to be able to secure the services of Sam, who is an outstanding person and we're looking forward to seeing him behind the stumps in BBL|13.

"This trade has allowed the club to sign a number of quality players, as we saw with Scott Boland last week and we're looking forward to announcing more of those signings in the coming weeks," said General Manager Blair Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back