Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone give feedback on the Square v Rochy practice match? Years ago their games were the pinocle of country football.

Surely there's more? Who was missing, why, plans for round one, training this week? Us Colbo blokes need more detail about the 'Maine...

Sounds like you should jump on the website and subscribe to the newsletter.

Meanwhile the rest of us will wait for you to contribute something interesting to discuss.

Maine got over kerang up at kerwng albury, which is good signs for the club
Thanks Trent, I reckon the Castlemaine v Gisborne games this year will be really interesting with a competitive magpie team. No love lost between these clubs with the ex Castlemaine players now with Gisborne. These matches will be a good replacement for the Kyneton v Gisborne matches.

In my earlier comment I was talking about the Rochester v Golden Square matches of the 1960's. They regularly played off in grand finals and both teams were packed with country football legends.

Because they would Dominate the RDFL and there would be no competition , same reason they left 25 years ago.
Given Kyneton beat them twice part year, do you think they will dominate the RDFL this year?
How did Gizzy go today against melton in all grades ?
I watched most of the early game - Gissy won easy, $1.01 to win their 3rd 18’s flag in a row. Massive chance to win all 3 grades of footy, plus 3-4 netball flags
Where do you reckon gisborne will be off to mate ? All the years I played in the Ballarat league there was talk they would join.
Good rivalries for them also
Ballarat - lock it in
They wound dominate the rdfl. No one would be close though they would loose players wanting to play in major comps I guess

They wound dominate the rdfl. No one would be close though they would loose players wanting to play in major comps I guess
Sounds like Kyneton are morals then to win the flag this year?

Great to see the advertiser reporting on one practice match - keeping up their alliance with the untouchables

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon this is a deliberate ploy to get between your ears. And its working a treat.

I don’t know why the leauge didn’t have sandhurst playing a stand alone Good Friday ? Considering the massive following and huge crowds they pull I thought they would be a no brainer ?

I don’t know why the leauge didn’t have sandhurst playing a stand alone Good Friday ? Considering the massive following and huge crowds they pull I thought they would be a no brainer ?

Maybe Sandhurst didn't want to play on Good Friday 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Trent, I reckon the Castlemaine v Gisborne games this year will be really interesting with a competitive magpie team. No love lost between these clubs with the ex Castlemaine players now with Gisborne. These matches will be a good replacement for the Kyneton v Gisborne matches.

Hopefully they will be competitive games but the loss of Kyneton is going to be huge.

Huge holes in the gates for every club, especially Castlemaine and Gisborne but also the loss of the connection and rivalry those clubs have.

Castlemaine and Gisborne just don’t connect in that way and probably never will, the distance is too great and we never played against them in the old days to generate the rivalry for the former players.

Trainloads of Kyneton guys come to Castlemaine each year and vice versa to see old faces and reminisce.

The fools at the league who ignored the warning signs and allowed Kyneton to leave have done irrecoverable damage to the league and in my view it will never recover.

When the time comes when the league is down to an unsustainable number of clubs and drastic action happens, make sure we remember their names.

Hopefully they will be competitive games but the loss of Kyneton is going to be huge.

Huge holes in the gates for every club, especially Castlemaine and Gisborne but also the loss of the connection and rivalry those clubs have.

Castlemaine and Gisborne just don’t connect in that way and probably never will, the distance is too great and we never played against them in the old days to generate the rivalry for the former players.

Trainloads of Kyneton guys come to Castlemaine each year and vice versa to see old faces and reminisce.

The fools at the league who ignored the warning signs and allowed Kyneton to leave have done irrecoverable damage to the league and in my view it will never recover.

When the time comes when the league is down to an unsustainable number of clubs and drastic action happens, make sure we remember their names.

Yep it’s the league’s fault

Yep it’s the league’s fault

No it’s all the country clubs fault isn’t it. Couldn’t arrange to have monopoly’s set up at all the bendigo schools to filter all the good kids to certain clubs .

$200 player at strath is $1200 at Maryborough but that’s fair.

Sandhurst should be on 27 points but are on 36 - that’s fair

You don’t get it muppet

I notice Tom Toma was listed in the best players for Essendon's VFL team. Understand Ricky Monti went pretty well too. I think once they play a certain number of games for Essendon they become ineligible to play for Golden Square in the finals this year but don't know what the rule is.

Does anyone know what the situation is?

No it’s all the country clubs fault isn’t it. Couldn’t arrange to have monopoly’s set up at all the bendigo schools to filter all the good kids to certain clubs .

$200 player at strath is $1200 at Maryborough but that’s fair.

Sandhurst should be on 27 points but are on 36 - that’s fair

You don’t get it muppet

The Square supporter pretending to be a Castlemaine supporter. You're the biggest muppet on here. It must be hard work being you.

The Square supporter pretending to be a Castlemaine supporter. You're the biggest muppet on here. It must be hard work being you.

Now now Hank - have I touched a nerve ? I think crazy has hit a touchy point with the silver spooners. Get off the tit mate it’s about time you moved out of home

I notice Tom Toma was listed in the best players for Essendon's VFL team. Understand Ricky Monti went pretty well too. I think once they play a certain number of games for Essendon they become ineligible to play for Golden Square in the finals this year but don't know what the rule is.

Does anyone know what the situation is?
ringo1 or Silver Tongue.... wanna take this one??🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back