Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke I worked with back in the early 2000s grew up in Coburg. His mates used to buy bulk green mitsi's from a former Essendon backman who played for Hawthorn at the time
Ah, this threads favourite past time. Post a rumour with clues but not naming anyone making the post completely and utterly useless

May as well change the thread title to "Ridiculous game of Guess Who - AFL Version"

Ah, this threads favourite past time. Post a rumour with clues but not naming anyone making the post completely and utterly useless

May as well change the thread title to "Ridiculous game of Guess Who - AFL Version"

Only one person to choose from if my memory is correct, Danny Jacobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Croad left to return didn't he? has to be the prodigal son referred to.

Hard to know whether the poster or the readers have misunderstood the meaning of the term 'prodigal son'!

Based on the way he has bounced from one get rich quick scheme to the next (post breakup with the Mafioso missus), i wouldn't be surprised if he was seeking some extra pocket money. He's also obviously as thick as two short planks.

A bloke I worked with back in the early 2000s grew up in Coburg. His mates used to buy bulk green mitsi's from a former Essendon backman who played for Hawthorn at the time

I got the player straight away but help an older person here - what the hell are bulk green mitsi's?

You kids and you're fandangled words.

Thank you. Reminds me of the time I was in Adelaide and some bloke came up to me and said Do you do want to by a fizzer? Now it was a really loud rock gig (I was in a band at the time) and I thought he said do you want to buy a stick. Which I thought meant a stick of Thai weed. So I say sure, hand over the cash and he gives me this little square - I had no idea what to do with it till a mate clued me in.

So we took half each - I was driving the band van so I thought I'd be sensible and I'd take my half of the "fizzer" once we were safely back at our mate's house. Not so my mate - he insisted I drive the van (complete with two bands guitars, drums, amps) to a spot on the Torrens River (it may have been the West End brewery?) that was covered in garden gnomes. He sat there watching the gnomes pissing himself laughing. Good times.

Thank you. Reminds me of the time I was in Adelaide and some bloke came up to me and said Do you do want to by a fizzer? Now it was a really loud rock gig (I was in a band at the time) and I thought he said do you want to buy a stick. Which I thought meant a stick of Thai weed. So I say sure, hand over the cash and he gives me this little square - I had no idea what to do with it till a mate clued me in.

So we took half each - I was driving the band van so I thought I'd be sensible and I'd take my half of the "fizzer" once we were safely back at our mate's house. Not so my mate - he insisted I drive the van (complete with two bands guitars, drums, amps) to a spot on the Torrens River (it may have been the West End brewery?) that was covered in garden gnomes. He sat there watching the gnomes pissing himself laughing. Good times.

Not only the best user name on bigfooty but also someone I would party with and also look at gnomes

Not only the best user name on bigfooty but also someone I would party with and also look at gnomes

Glad to see someone else appreciates the great jobbers of the 80s WWF but I do have to point out, it was my mate looking at the gnomes. I was in the van telling him to hurry up. When he finally did decide he'd had enough, he went for a flying leap through the door and subsequently hit his head on the frame and nearly knocked himself out. All while still laughing his head off.

I wasn't nearly as funny except when I finally took my half at around 3.00am, I thought I'd feel a little trippy for an hour and then go to sleep. Instead I sat up bolt upright at 4.30am and ended up chewing off the ear of everyone in the house till around 10.00am when it wore off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back