• Tom Lonergan

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Steven May

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • Luke Delaney

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, not sure why you can't see it mate?

Let me try posting it again.

KPD2014.jpg

FYI - your man Hooker led the way for avg disposals, avg marks (and contested marks per game), goal assists per game, least frees conceded, and was equal first with Mackenzie for marks inside 50.
Yer same it's not coming up for me

Meh give me a negating full back over an attacking full back any day

Not to point out the obvious but given you apparently prefer negating fullbacks to attacking ones, surely then you should rate Rance given he is a great contest player and beats his opponent more than any other KPD in the league.

Who the **** cares how many possessions, contested possessions, bounces a KPD has? It's the defending that counts and negating your opponent. I'm pretty sure frees against count as clangers.

Your agenda is very, very obvious. No matter what was presented to you you'd twist it to try and suit Talia. If his offensive record was > Rance's you'd be proclaiming just how important rebounding is. I too prefer Talia but that doesn't mean I don't see the merits in contributing to offensive movement. Yeah, you probably prefer your silky half back types doing the run/carry/kick out of defence. But what if they're in a terrible position? What if they're off the field or injured? What if they're further down the ground due to a previous play? In those kinds of situations someone like Talia might have to take charge of beginning the offensive transition and getting the ball safely out of defence. I don't trust him to do that. I have zero faith in him. Rance has shown that in the absence of genuine rebounders at richmond sometimes he's able to perform that role and run or kick (with precision) the ball out of defence; something many KPDs have shown no ability to do.

Does it make him better? Nope. Is it an extra string to his bow that's very handy to have? Yep. Should it matter when rating him as a player? Yep - because it's part of what he offers to the team. If Talia could rebound well it'd make him a better player, ergo, Rance's rebounding capabilities should increase how he's seen as a player.

Nope. This should work

KPD2014.png

Ha, that didn't work for me now :confused:

Not sure if there is an issue with post image?

Let me try something else

10550273_10152281959282712_1638949942_o.jpg

If this doesn't work, I'll just upload the spreadsheet :p

Haven't seen Talia or Hooker this year so wouldn't know, Taylor and Thompson around the same as Rance, Better then May, Mckenzie and Carlisle.
He's only conceded 13 goals from his 9 games
Better then the 2014 aa fullback? Get off the drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your agenda is very, very obvious. No matter what was presented to you you'd twist it to try and suit Talia. If his offensive record was > Rance's you'd be proclaiming just how important rebounding is. I too prefer Talia but that doesn't mean I don't see the merits in contributing to offensive movement. Yeah, you probably prefer your silky half back types doing the run/carry/kick out of defence. But what if they're in a terrible position? What if they're off the field or injured? What if they're further down the ground due to a previous play? In those kinds of situations someone like Talia might have to take charge of beginning the offensive transition and getting the ball safely out of defence. I don't trust him to do that. I have zero faith in him. Rance has shown that in the absence of genuine rebounders at richmond sometimes he's able to perform that role and run or kick (with precision) the ball out of defence; something many KPDs have shown no ability to do.

Does it make him better? Nope. Is it an extra string to his bow that's very handy to have? Yep. Should it matter when rating him as a player? Yep - because it's part of what he offers to the team. If Talia could rebound well it'd make him a better player, ergo, Rance's rebounding capabilities should increase how he's seen as a player.
I wanted to like this post twice.

Suggesting you'd want a defensive fullback over an attacking one is a strange assertion. Especially considering the way the game is headed. I'd take a Scarlett/Fletcher over a Prestigiacomo everyday of the week (not suggesting that's the level of the respective players).

Hooker used to be the same for me as Talia is for you. I didn't trust him. Now, he understands his limitations and doesn't attempt kicks he's not capable of. Everyone makes mistakes, even Goddard/Hodge level users of the ball. I'm very happy Cale provides a two way impact on the game nowadays, beats his man more often than not and an attacking springboard for our team.

Haven't seen Talia or Hooker this year so wouldn't know, Taylor and Thompson around the same as Rance, Better then May, Mckenzie and Carlisle.
He's only conceded 13 goals from his 9 games
You sir are an idiot.

No point only richmond supporters would vote for him.

I wouldn't be surprised, if there were others. I honestly have him in the top 4 at the moment with Talia, Mackenzie, Hooker. Gathering from the OP post were voting top 5. Surely there is more than just richmond supporters, who would have him top 5 at the moment.

Back