2. Star Wars
  3. Indiana Jones
  4. Lord of the Rings
  5. Terminator
  6. Mad Max
  7. The Matrix
  8. Back to the future
  9. Bourne
  10. Blade - nothing beats B grade blood, gore and senseless violence. A great anti-hero and they're darker than the X Men.
  11. X Men - the films have dated badly and they're pretty boring now

Three colours. :rolleyes:

Apparently The Thing is the first of a John Carpenter trilogy with Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness.

Aliens should have stopped at three.

Back to the Future>Bourne

Back to the future>>>> Bourne
In fact Back to the future probably just pips Indiana as Temple of doom was rather average. But then The last crusade is better then any of the bttf movies..

Also if Superman stopped at 3 and the third one wasn't such a stinker it would be my favorite. The first two were brilliant.

Back to the future>>>> Bourne
In fact Back to the future probably just pips Indiana as Temple of doom was rather average. But then The last crusade is better then any of the bttf movies..

Also if Superman stopped at 3 and the third one wasn't such a stinker it would be my favorite. The first two were brilliant.
I rate all each BTTF movie as better than any of the Indiana Jones movies. The BTTF trilogy is massively underrated IMO. I think they're regarded as "Good, fun films" but they're actually really well written, directed and performced.

The first BTTF was gold. The second was good. I thought the third was rather ordinary but still a brilliant trilogy.

I for one actually didn't mind the other 2 movies. I know this is not the popular view but each to their own.

I agree with you, many can matrix 2 & 3 but I think they both are enjoyable enough. Obviously the original Matrix was an awesome movie, Matrix 2 has some pretty decent action scenes in it as well. But I know my view is in the minority, but that wont stop me watching them just because some tool looks down his nose at them.

The first back to the future was ok, but I think it got pretty clique by the end. The characters remained the same through all 3. No character growth at all. With Marty continually yelling "Doc!" in that squeeky teen voice and Docs "Great Scott!" it all became very irritating. As movies to entertain kids they are ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have mentioned, Star Wars OT is up there as is Back to the Future. I love all things Michael J. Fox and i couldn't stop watching those flicks when I was a little tacker.

I'll also add Spider-man to the list. I think all three films are kick arse. The first two are damn near perfect. Some people rag on the third but for the life of me I can't understand why because it really capped off a great story.

1. Spider-man
2. Star Wars
3. Back to the Future

I'd add Indiana Jones but there's another one coming so it doesn't qualify really.

I for one actually didn't mind the other 2 movies. I know this is not the popular view but each to their own.

I thought the second matrix flick was decent enough, but the third one was just terrible. It had the worst ending for a film ever. After all that build up, everything is still up in the air, you don't even know what happens to the main character ffs. Just awful.:(

I thought the second matrix flick was decent enough, but the third one was just terrible. It had the worst ending for a film ever. After all that build up, everything is still up in the air, you don't even know what happens to the main character ffs. Just awful.:(

Perhaps I had low expectations of the ending anyway but I wasn't too pissed off with it. You know how Channel Nine used to have the scene of the sunset then a giant bottle of Morning Fresh over the sunset as they were the sponsors of the weather update? I'm pretty sure the exact sunset scene was used in the Matrix 3.

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

Though I do not really like the Harry Potter series, it is vastly popular and all the HP movies are amongst the highest selling at the box office worldwide.

Why are people calling Terminator a trilogy? I don't remember a 3rd movie being made, surely if there was a 3rd movie it would have kicked arse and not been a boring piece of s**t that I fell asleep halfway through.

Why are people calling Terminator a trilogy? I don't remember a 3rd movie being made, surely if there was a 3rd movie it would have kicked arse and not been a boring piece of s**t that I fell asleep halfway through.
And then leaving the cinema 20 minutes before it was finished to go and sneak into another cinema...

T3 was a letdown. T1 and T2 prop it up. :thumbsu: And besides i dont like garbage like LOTR or any of the other trilogys that have been thrown up in this thread.

He died and returned to the source.

The other "Ones" didn't return to the source because they chose the path of rebuilding Zion.

Neo is the only One who chose to save Trinity and Zion and the people in the Matrix ahead of rebuilding it entirely and starting the cycle all over again. The Oracle said to Neo everything that has a beginning has an end and he knew he had to make a sacrifice to stop Smith and end the war.

He was called their own personal Jesus Christ in the first film.

Anyway, I think they would have recycled and liquefied Neo's body to feed it to the people in the Matrix. :cool:

I liked the ending and the location matched the road where Neo didn't want to get de-bugged in the first film. Trinity said to him then you know where that road ends and that's not where you want to be, yet he still ended up on that road with Smith of his own accord.

The sequels were pure Silver and didn't do justice to the first film, but at least they ended in a way that rules them out of making any more sequels. Terminator, Stars Wars, Die Hard and Aliens keep coming back and ruining the name of the good films.

T3 was a letdown. T1 and T2 prop it up. :thumbsu: And besides i dont like garbage like LOTR or any of the other trilogys that have been thrown up in this thread.
Just cause you dont like it, doesnt mean it is garbage. Its way better then the Terminator trilogy and alot of other stuff mentioned here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back