Best tall swingman in the AFL

Best tall swingman

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Then why has McGovern gotten more mentions in the all Australian thread then all of them combined?
Because McGovern is the shiny new toy that everyone loves, much like Carlisle in 2013. Johnson has been better.

Because McGovern is the shiny new toy that everyone loves, much like Carlisle in 2013. Johnson has been better.
Even the coaches think McGovern is better.

Mark Blicavs (could well be leading Geelong's B&F) and Andrejs Everitt (could well be leading Carlton's B&F) deserve to be part of the poll for their ability to play around the ground, particularly in non-key positions.
Utilities would be a more accurate term for those two. All the other players in the poll play key position up either end of the ground whereas Everitt is a very tall winger, certainly not a key position player and Blicavs is a midfielder, can actually play his height though.

tbh i'm quite surprised Taylor's won this thread. For mine he's shown he's not a forward. More handy for sneaking forward and grabbing a mark than being able to start there. I see it as something they've had a go at but the positive results have been overblown. Don't get me wrong, he's the best PLAYER on the list but if you want someone who can do a good job at both ends i reckon Hurley.

The guy's played forward long enough to show he can hold a kpf and kick more than 25 goals and he's clearly a good backman you'd put on anybody.

Hendo's another who's ok at both but thats about it.... up to now of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had to choose it'd be:

1. Taylor (no contest)
>>>>>>
2. Carlisle
>
3. Henderson
4. Hurley
5. Westhoff

Throw a blanket over Henderson, Hurley and Westhoff. It would've been Hurley 3rd easy if he was a better forward, BEAST of a defender though.

Back