Betting systems

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything is a system, when you boil it down. even the guy who just does it off the replays is following a system. He will have certain things he is looking for on the replay to make a horse a selection, those things are his rules. Everything is a system.

I disagree. A system in this context is something with strict rules that can't be changed. Replays and other forms of study are at least open to interpretation. You don't watch every replay looking for the same thing.

I disagree. A system in this context is something with strict rules that can't be changed. Replays and other forms of study are at least open to interpretation. You don't watch every replay looking for the same thing.

Exactly. The purpose of a system is to leave nothing up to interpretation

Just learn that .06 is equivalent to a length in distance in Greyhounds and then go get the free detailed form from grv.org and you'll land ten times more winners than you will ever find with any system.

Exactly. The purpose of a system is to leave nothing up to interpretation

Which is why long-term you'll get crushed by the number crunching data-scientists mentioned above. Computers are way better than people at picking out systems and patterns, people only have the edge in things that need high-level interpreting, like watching a race.

I don't get it, does dog form not cover the actual time the dog raced in, just the winner?

Depends what form you're looking at.

If you're at a TAB and it doesn't have expanded form you can work out a dogs time anyway simply by noting the time the winner of the race recorded and how far off the dog you like was in lengths.

So If a dog ran 26.00 over the 460 at Geelong and the dog you liked finished 6 lengths behind the winner then your dog has run 26.36

Learn what a decent first split or winning time is and you can easily break down a race into time brackets and potential race plan.

However if your at home and sitting in front of computer you can get the most detailed form for free to study for every VIC dog race daily.

https://fasttrack.grv.org.au/Watchdog

You can also go and review all races ran to watch for any black bookers as there's a replay of every race available to study.

http://www.grv.org.au/results/

Last edited:
Success rate of this...... non system?

Pretty good if you can locate a few dogs on a card that show superior time form to the rest of the field.

Not always about backing for a win however, sometimes a dog might stand out for being a perfect dog to use as a rover for multiples or a locked in place chance.

Big-Hard-Lump-on-Back-of-Neck.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's two apparently unbeatable old fave systems:

1. "Outsider in a small field"
Rules:
- must be a small field
- must be outsider

2. "First jockey you see on track that day"
Rules:
- must be on track
- must be first jockey you see

I actually don't mind the first one, not so much the high quality races but average races I do a little compressing of the market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back