Analysis Beveridge - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I love about Bevo is his body. The dude is ******* jacked, man. I noticed Ken Hinkley drinking a can of Coke during the match last week. Coke! Bevo would never put that poison in his body. How can you respect a coach who doesn't even respect his own body? The good coaches stay in shape. Hardwick is pretty fit but he doesnt have guns like Bevo's. The blokes like Leon Cameron who eat lollies during a match need to get their s**t together. And don't get me started on Dew.

Stewie Dew has a worse win-loss ratio than Eade or McKenna. Neither of those coaches swerved the salad bar at the buffet.

Goodwin, Chris Scott, Bev, you look at those blokes and say "I want to play for that physique."

He has gotten way too much credit for "turning us into contenders". He didn't create this list and he didn't draft Bontempelli or Macrae.

He turned us around when we were a sinking ship at the end of 2014. It's now 2021, and we're still continuing to suffer the same old problems, and this stubborn idiot of a coach refuses to compromise on anything. It was blatantly obvious we had a serious issue in the ruck against Essendon, but this coach refuses to recognize any issue, the same way he perpetually refused to acknowledge it throughout the entire 2020 season. With the form we're in, and Beveridge's refusal to address problems anyone with half a brain can identify, we are facing a very real prospect of a straight sets finals exit this year, which would make 6 out of 7 years we haven't won a final under Beveridge's reign.

His role has to be verging on untenable at this point in time. No plan B, the players don't give a s**t and baffling tactical positions where he just does not respect the position that always gets first touch to the ball from a stoppage.

Have we made a massive error in not giving the boys a break for the bye. Remember us training through it in hope of a rest over in Sydney/Perth? Only for covid to hit and the plans scrapped.

Wow 2 losses in a row in the back end of a season and it's jump down Bevo's throat. If you were told that dogs be top 4 this season at the start of the season you'd all be pleased. Yes if dogs play worse next week there's a chance to drop out of the top 4 but it's still a better effort than the last few seasons.

Wow 2 losses in a row in the back end of a season and it's jump down Bevo's throat. If you were told that dogs be top 4 this season at the start of the season you'd all be pleased. Yes if dogs play worse next week there's a chance to drop out of the top 4 but it's still a better effort than the last few seasons.
Can you seriously cop a “better effort than last few seasons” when we were on top and flag favs 2 weeks ago?

We are nothing but pretenders under Bevo FACTS 2016 is nothing but a fluke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 clubs have contacted Clarko?

if Bevo does not win a final this year it will mean in 5 final series we have only won games in 1 series.

That is not acceptable and we should look elsewhere. This list is too good not to win finals.

i still expect us to turn it around and we can win the whole thing because it is wide open.

however if we go out in straight sets I would go all in for Clarko. He is no list manager but his 10 times the coach of most including Bevo..

of course I do not expect us to chase Clarko as our history demonstrates we as a club is easily satisfied and a finals appearance is seen as success. It is the reason we have won so many Flags.

if Bevo does not win a final this year it will mean in 5 final series we have only won games in 1 series.

That is not acceptable and we should look elsewhere. This list is too good not to win finals.

i still expect us to turn it around and we can win the whole thing because it is wide open.

however if we go out in straight sets I would go all in for Clarko. He is no list manager but his 10 times the coach of most including Bevo..

of course I do not expect us to chase Clarko as our history demonstrates we as a club is easily satisfied and a finals appearance is seen as success. It is the reason we have won so many Flags.
I would go all in on Clarkson regardless

Last edited:
And people think I over react

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Getting rid of a coach who has us top 4 with pivotal players out all year.

I agree Bevo has his flaws and his arrogance hurts us at times but could you imagine the media is we did actually sack him????!

Lol just stop talking

Except it's not just 2 losses in a row. The ruck thing has been a problem since Beveridge was hired. We've also only won a final in one of his 7 seasons as coach.

Then there's the context of these recent losses; we look mentally shot, especially in today's game. The players literally look like they don't care about trying to win, and the coach looks passionless and devoid of energy. Hawthorn had half their team out and they still dismantled us with ease. There is a far bigger problem brewing than people like you will ever realize.

We are not getting Clarkson. Full stop. Don't even bother mentioning it.
He either goes to Carlton this year or maybe Gold Coast next year. Clarkson is not going to coach the bulldogs.

In the unlikely event that Beveridge is no longer the coach within the next 12 months, the man for the job is Brett Montgomery.

And people think I over react

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Getting rid of a coach who has us top 4 with pivotal players out all year.

I agree Bevo has his flaws and his arrogance hurts us at times but could you imagine the media is we did actually sack him????!

Lol just stop talking
I just think it is negligence if we do not win a final, not to look at the best coach of the past 40 years. I rate Clarko above all other by a fair margin. No other coach is close to him. If he Was not interested in coaching us I am happy for Bevo to see out his contract but we need new assstants.

I just think it is negligence if we do not win a final, not to look at the best coach of the past 40 years. I rate Clarko above all other by a fair margin. No other coach is close to him. If he Was not interested in coaching us I am happy for Bevo to see out his contract but we need new assstants.

And it’s not negligence to sack a coach that has us top 4 all year regardless who is out there?

Apart from the financial costs we could never afford

I'm starting to get annoyed at you sport. STFU

We are not getting Clarkson. Full stop. Don't even bother mentioning it.
He either goes to Carlton this year or maybe Gold Coast next year. Clarkson is not going to coach the bulldogs.

In the unlikely event that Beveridge is no longer the coach within the next 12 months, the man for the job is Brett Montgomery.

Hi Monty, how's things? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back