Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well apparently Essendon were punished despite there being no evidence that the drugs they took were performance enhancing, so if the suggestion is that eagles players took performance enhancers in '06 that the club should be punished to the same degree.

That was more or less his argument.
Anyone who believes they are innocent after reading the ASADA case, is an absolute no hoper. He clearly hasn't read it and he's trying to protect a team. Demitriou is Essendons saviour. If he didn't give Hird and Essendon 4 days to shred and delete files by I don't think they would have come back from where the would have headed.

He also fails to understand that so many drug cheats taking PED's don't fail tests.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...t/news-story/254158f3f77d68c035a61bb9f5d12c6c

Rita, Rita oh how I wish I could meetya
To tell you about how, you have the eloquence of my bowels
And Rita, Oh Rita why on Earth would you feature
an Article by Chick, a loathsome creature
Remember the press council? Who said you were wrong
When you wrote an article as though you were on bongs

Now you attack Mr. Nisbett, because of success
Simply because you hate us all in the West
Oh Rita, My Rita we are your dart board
but this s**t will never win you a Walkley award

*(This certainly won't)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...t/news-story/254158f3f77d68c035a61bb9f5d12c6c

Rita, Rita oh how I wish I could meetya
To tell you about how, you have the eloquence of my bowels
And Rita, Oh Rita why on Earth would you feature
an Article by Chick, a loathsome creature
Remember the press council? Who said you were wrong
When you wrote an article as though you were on bongs

Now you attack Mr. Nisbett, because of success
Simply because you hate us all in the West
Oh Rita, My Rita we are your dart board
but this s**t will never win you a Walkley award

*(This certainly won't)
******* punani

If you're gonna go to the trouble of posting a pay wall link and make a catchy jingle, please quote at least some of the article text so we can have a read

If you're gonna go to the trouble of posting a pay wall link and make a catchy jingle, please quote at least some of the article text so we can have a read
Hmm it's not paywalled for me, at least doesn't appear to be

Rita Panahi on West Coast Eagles secret report: Protect the brand, whatever the cost

THE AFL’s ironically named Integrity Unit would have its hands full if it were fair dinkum about investigating the league’s own activities.

Australia’s premier football code has a rich history of cover-ups, bullying, media manipulation and brand management at all costs.

West Coast Eagles’ destructive culture of drugs and cover-ups has been exposed but the AFL has largely escaped scrutiny for its complicity in that shameful period.

Worse still, the league learned little from that fiasco and repeated the same mistakes during Essendon’s supplements episode.

The circumstances may be vastly different but the AFL’s eagerness to manufacture an outcome at the expense of truth and transparency is a reoccurring theme.

That preoccupation with suppression, spin and control are evident in the AFL’s handling of other controversies such as the Melbourne tanking investigation.

On Tuesday the Herald Sun revealed the contents of the damning 2008 Gillard report into widespread drug use and criminality at the Eagles that was systematically covered up by officials. Some of those officials remain at West Coast today or have senior roles elsewhere with the AFL and its clubs.

WEST COAST SCANDAL EXPOSED IN TOP-SECRET AFL REPORT

Astonishingly, the man at the helm of the Eagles when they descended into drug-fuelled destruction is still there as CEO.

Trevor Nisbett would not have survived this long without support from AFL headquarters. If the AFL wanted him gone, he’d be gone.

But the good old boys’ network remains strong within the football world where mediocrity and failure can be rewarded by plum posts

...............................................................................................
It’s little wonder that the AFL never sanctioned the Eagles for overseeing a reckless period of spin and cover-ups; the Eagles were only emulating what they saw from league headquarters"

Goes on and on and on

(if you're using Chrome, deleting your Media License under Browsing data/History usually allows you to bypass paywalls with the HS/Australian, then try re-searching the article through Google)

Last edited:
Agreed, because I sure as s**t aren't paying a cent to read their tripe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* yes, Juddy, * yes, mate.

https://www.mix.com.au/sport/afl/ne...-massive-whack-over-2006-premiership-comments

"Kevin's got a long personal history of struggling to come to terms with things, and struggling to move on," Judd said on Triple M's Friday Huddle.

"It took him two decades to work out he was going bald and finally get rid of the world's rudest combover. He was sacked as coach and it took him 16 years before he went to another club function after he threw his toys out of the cot.

"I guess by Kevin's timelines, a decade on he's probably not ready to process it and move on."

"Another 10 years and he'll be over it and he'll be ready to move on!"

Allan Hird, just like his Son, is utterly delusional. That is just absolute drivel, to accuse Worsfold of being anywhere close to the levels of involvement as James Hird is a non-sequitur. Not that the incidents are even similar but Hirds lapdogs at Hun have bent over backwards to try and link the two, it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

**** yes, Juddy, **** yes, mate.

https://www.mix.com.au/sport/afl/ne...-massive-whack-over-2006-premiership-comments

"Kevin's got a long personal history of struggling to come to terms with things, and struggling to move on," Judd said on Triple M's Friday Huddle.

"It took him two decades to work out he was going bald and finally get rid of the world's rudest combover. He was sacked as coach and it took him 16 years before he went to another club function after he threw his toys out of the cot.

"I guess by Kevin's timelines, a decade on he's probably not ready to process it and move on."

I'm approaching 2005-levels of Judd love right now.

Hmm it's not paywalled for me, at least doesn't appear to be

Rita Panahi on West Coast Eagles secret report: Protect the brand, whatever the cost

THE AFL’s ironically named Integrity Unit would have its hands full if it were fair dinkum about investigating the league’s own activities.

Australia’s premier football code has a rich history of cover-ups, bullying, media manipulation and brand management at all costs.

West Coast Eagles’ destructive culture of drugs and cover-ups has been exposed but the AFL has largely escaped scrutiny for its complicity in that shameful period.

Worse still, the league learned little from that fiasco and repeated the same mistakes during Essendon’s supplements episode.

The circumstances may be vastly different but the AFL’s eagerness to manufacture an outcome at the expense of truth and transparency is a reoccurring theme.

That preoccupation with suppression, spin and control are evident in the AFL’s handling of other controversies such as the Melbourne tanking investigation.

On Tuesday the Herald Sun revealed the contents of the damning 2008 Gillard report into widespread drug use and criminality at the Eagles that was systematically covered up by officials. Some of those officials remain at West Coast today or have senior roles elsewhere with the AFL and its clubs.

WEST COAST SCANDAL EXPOSED IN TOP-SECRET AFL REPORT

Astonishingly, the man at the helm of the Eagles when they descended into drug-fuelled destruction is still there as CEO.

Trevor Nisbett would not have survived this long without support from AFL headquarters. If the AFL wanted him gone, he’d be gone.

But the good old boys’ network remains strong within the football world where mediocrity and failure can be rewarded by plum posts

...............................................................................................
It’s little wonder that the AFL never sanctioned the Eagles for overseeing a reckless period of spin and cover-ups; the Eagles were only emulating what they saw from league headquarters"

Goes on and on and on

(if you're using Chrome, deleting your Media License under Browsing data/History usually allows you to bypass paywalls with the HS/Australian, then try re-searching the article through Google)

It should be noted that Rita is a diehard Hawthorn supporter, and has been surprisingly quiet about a certain INJUNCTION that happened in 2007.

Surely after the former head of asada comes out and says all players were tested after the grand final, and none tested positive, that would be enough to put an end to this s**t. He also said cousins was target tested, as was our entire team over the year, and none returned any positive tests. Then the bloody afl ceo comes out and says the same thing, and that nothing is tainted and it's already been dealt with. Why are people still going on about it?? I honestly can't understand how some idiots can compare the use of recreational drugs to that of deliberate, club sanctioned doping?? It boggles the mind. God I hope we win a flag soon to shove it up the Victorian flogs once again.

Surely after the former head of asada comes out and says all players were tested after the grand final, and none tested positive, that would be enough to put an end to this s**t. He also said cousins was target tested, as was our entire team over the year, and none returned any positive tests. Then the bloody afl ceo comes out and says the same thing, and that nothing is tainted and it's already been dealt with. Why are people still going on about it?? I honestly can't understand how some idiots can compare the use of recreational drugs to that of deliberate, club sanctioned doping?? It boggles the mind. God I hope we win a flag soon to shove it up the Victorian flogs once again.
It will be tainted if we win this season because they released the the findings of 10 years ago this year.

**** yes, Juddy, **** yes, mate.

That was brutal and despite the tone you can tell Juddy meant every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back