Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing a great disservice to how good this kid is.

Has been electric since his debut years ago and has always shown he has immense class.

Oh I am definitely a fan - Josh Kelly is the best young footballer going around I just think it's a little easier for him than some others as he has amazing talent on every line around him - he's a gun kid a genuine jet an inside outside mid who can defend and go forward an kick goals. All I am saying is that it will be a challenge for him at another club where those around him won't be in the same league as him or his current team mates

Oh I am definitely a fan - Josh Kelly is the best young footballer going around I just think it's a little easier for him than some others as he has amazing talent on every line around him - he's a gun kid a genuine jet an inside outside mid who can defend and go forward an kick goals. All I am saying is that it will be a challenge for him at another club where those around him won't be in the same league as him or his current team mates
I reckon Kelly has made his teammates look better than they are in more than a few games this year.

Yanks have 50 sports of their own to get their attention, just like their fast food options they are maxed out, no more room. I doubt hardly a soul knows who mason cox is or cares
Hey, my mates and I are doing the best we can! Kind of a low shot.

To be clear, my personal opinion of Cox is that he would never get out of Box Hill. I like his heart and he has learned quickly, but he just started too far behind and will never catch up in skill to guys that have been playing their entire lives.

Last edited:

Make of this what you will.
All just rumour at this point. O'Brien resigned yesterday. Hartung, whilst I've been critical (and am concerned about his ability to handle the heat of a pressure game) has been very good lately and I think structurally is very important to Hawthorn. I think it is more likely we hope we get some sort of compo from either Duryea or Schoenmakers and this is enough to land someone like Balic from Freo.

To get near satisfying GWS for the likes of Kennedy and/or Hopper the likes of Stratton, Poppy and Birchall will have to be on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Obrien just sign a contract extension?

Also- GWS tend to overpay on draft picks. More interested in selling players to them than any other club. (Deledio - wtf?)

To be fair to them, it's not like they really need the draft picks.

So the article is already factually incorrect, says a lot about the rest of the content.

The more I think about it the more I don’t want a big (huge) fish. It doesn’t fit our culture as stated many times on here already. I think spreading the salary cap on multiple very good players who buy into our culture is a much better approach and is consistent with our current ethos that has proven to be successful. Also, one injury to the big fish or a slide in form would have devastating effects on the rest of the group. When they are firing fit other team mates may accept the huge salary, but imagine playing alongside someone that is on over a million a year, when you may be on half of that or less and they are out for 12 months or hit a form slump and are playing crap footy and you are tearing it up week in week out, e,g. TMitchell. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back