Bigeasy's Tour of Italy 13 March to 9 April 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for balance - I've travelled around Italy twice, in 1998 and 2013, and never come up against any gypsies, pickpockets or other thievery. Just take sensible precautions and you should be fine.

I do know someone who got caught unawares by the ring on the ground scam in Paris - didn't cost a lot, more that they felt like a goose for being sucked in.

We had lunch every day at a cafe in Rome. Every day gypsy kids took everyone's bread straight off the table. The main pickpockets are normal looking people in groups of 5 or 6, easy to spot, and Filipinos. Watching them work was as interesting as anything else.

We had lunch every day at a cafe in Rome. Every day gypsy kids took everyone's bread straight off the table. The main pickpockets are normal looking people in groups of 5 or 6, easy to spot, and Filipinos. Watching them work was as interesting as anything else.

Seen plenty of that already mate but keeping the eyes open has so far kept me in good stead plus a few fungules along the way also helps.

Killing it, keep having fun big fella!

I've been getting some questions about the beanie, especially from the Scots that were over for the Rugby Union game against the Italians.

Seen plenty of that already mate but keeping the eyes open has so far kept me in good stead plus a few fungules along the way also helps.
Just remember you’re a guest in their country and mind your manners. Rather than the informal "vaffanculo", for people you don’t already know well but would like to go and shove it up their arse, use the formal subjunctive: "vada affanculo".

Hope this helps.

Just remember you’re a guest in their country and mind your manners. Rather than the informal "vaffanculo", for people you don’t already know well but would like to go and shove it up their arse, use the formal subjunctive: "vada affanculo".

Hope this helps.

Or just really let rip:

‘Cagati in mano e prenditi a schiaffi.’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

received_2057922641164225.jpeg

So I drove today from Rome to Orsogna which is basically West to East coast today which was actually fairly easy and the above pic is a shot taken during that trip. Quite a spectacular drive and probably the best I've ever done. I will post some more pics of the trip. I hope you all enjoy them.

Hard to take a selfie while driving at 130 km through the mountains H t h.
Never said you had to be in the hat. In fact I assumed they were all Dicky Knee photos until one came up with your face showing. Just pop it on your dashboard.

Never said you had to be in the hat. In fact I assumed they were all Dicky Knee photos until one came up with your face showing. Just pop it on your dashboard.

Yeah sorry about the face :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back