Bigeasy's Tour of Italy 13 March to 9 April 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You are driving? All the best.

Agree on this. Why would you drive when Europe has the best rail in the world.
Quick, affordable, and can use sleepers for overnight travel and save on hotels. Additionally you get to see and experience more to as opposed to having your head stuck in a map or google maps etc.

I was thinking more that Italian drivers are certifiable. But I agree, I've done both and would go rail again.

Yes I know it is madness but I want the mobility to stop in certain towns. I've driven in NY and that was an interesting experience so why not Italy.

To make the challenge even greater I am picking up the car from Rome Central. I have also paid through the wazoo for zero excess :thumbsu:

Yes I know it is madness but I want the mobility to stop in certain towns. I've driven in NY and that was an interesting experience so why not Italy.

To make the challenge even greater I am picking up the car from Rome Central. I have also paid through the wazoo for zero excess :thumbsu:
Well in Italy you never wish any one good luck, as it is bad luck.
So
In bocca al lupo!

Mate you just about stated my iteniry.

I am staying in Rome for 6 daus and then ive hired a car and driving to Venice, Bologna, Florence and the Tuscany region, Perugia, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and plenty of other towns and villas in between. And then when that's done I'm on the train to Cinque Terre for 5 days staying first night at Rommigierre and walking to the 5 towns. Staying two night in Vernazza in an apartment overlooking the sea. :thumbsu:

You are driving? All the best.

Good looking itinerary there Bigfella. You'll love it.

You'll need eyes in the back of your head on the roads. Be careful. As a fellow driver of many countries and cities, including New York and around Italy, the main difference is Italy seems totally lacking in road rules and/or drivers who give a s**t whether there are any or not. Plus of course the often narrow streets within the cities and towns as well as the roundabouts. It's all part of the adventure.

Enjoy you bastard! I'd love to be heading back there.

69 Gold Stars if you can "take" a pic of your goodself, wearing "The Traditional" NMFC Guernsey, next to Cicciolina and post it in this thread. :stern look
I will check all the brothels and parliament to try and find her :thumbsu:

Rome central.

Good luck.

Worst city of the 8 we visited.

Creepy...dirty....

Love Italy.

Drove around italy for 4 weeks. Driving in the south is like driving in Greece. Everyone does what they want but look out for other drivers.
North is more like home. Traffic lights and road rules and if you make a mistake unforgiving.

Watch your luggage. Had ours stolen in Rome.

Sunday morning around 10am. Two blocks from the Vatican. Went to breakfast and 45 mins later come back to find driver side window smashed. 3 suitcases and kids back packs gone. Lucky had passports, accomodation and flight details on my back pack.

Little side note, our insurance didn’t cover any electrical like iPads left in car.

Still had a great time and didn’t miss footy. Thanks to North shite season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I am going to miss the first three rounds of the season it better be a bloody good reason and as I have already stated in another thread, I'm off to Italy.

So while I'm there I thought of taking some strategic photos of moi in my North jumper and cap in front of some sights and post them on here as i go. Not sure if anyone would be particularly interested so we will see how we go.

Now I'm just under 2 weeks away from flying out so I am asking you good people for some suggestions? Now I'm not going to put the Pope in a head lock and right an asterix on his scone but I will consider more discerning ideas.

Anyway soon to be bon voyage, Bigeasy

The island of Lampedusa. Go there.

When there, get in one of the refugee boats and head off to Libya.

Why not just head to Syria and take the 10-15 year scenic route back to Australia?

Contrary to received wisdom, you could visit large parts of Syria - the bits you'd want to see anyway - in peace and safety.

69 Gold Stars if you can "take" a pic of your goodself, wearing "The Traditional" NMFC Guernsey, next to Cicciolina and post it in this thread. :stern look

That'd probably be one gold star for each year she's been alive these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back