Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice. What ya get?

My Nokturnal Mortum wooden box turned up today. The smell upon opening was a pleasant aroma, like fresh wood chips.

Chapel of Disease - ...AAWHSTS,WHETE
Svartidaudi - ROTRS
Omnipotence - Praecipitium
Obliteration - Cenotaph Obscure
Sulphur Aeon - ...TSOCC
Whoredom Rife - Nid
Order of the Namesless Ones - UTMTWOW

Also picked up the most recent Amorphis at JB.

Chapel of Disease - ...AAWHSTS,WHETE
Svartidaudi - ROTRS
Omnipotence - Praecipitium
Obliteration - Cenotaph Obscure
Sulphur Aeon - ...TSOCC
Whoredom Rife - Nid
Order of the Namesless Ones - UTMTWOW

Also picked up the most recent Amorphis at JB.

Svartidaudi is good.
Unfortunately the new Amorphis is pretty weak. One or two fantastic songs (Amongst Stars is brilliant; Wrong Direction, The Golden Elk) but it’s a misfire imo. Metal-lite.

Who's going to Voivod tonight?
Heading in now, on the train. I've had a fair bit to drink (wanted to see the supports, but too late now).

Heading in now, on the train. I've had a fair bit to drink (wanted to see the supports, but too late now).

My mate is there. Sent a video of the crowd and it looks bad. Think Primal Fear in Sydney bad.

I’ve had the new Swallow the Sun on today. It’s a mellower effort than I expected; bit of a grower. Opening track didn’t help...2nd half pretty good with the final track (Never Left) really standing out to my ears.

Like Draconian, 10 years ago this band was front of my listening habits but I’ve dropped off them both. Funny how that happens- neither band put a foot wrong really. Not sure they’ll top the brilliance of New Moon or in Draconian’s case ‘Where Lovers Mourn/Arcane Rain Fell’.

Last edited:
Love that song. Schammasch are one of my fav bands. My avatar is the cover of the album Triangle, which is amazing from start to finish, really love the album.

I overlooked them for so long. Had an idea of what they sounded like but didn't give them a good go until this guy I've been talking to recently interested in starting a band is right into them.

Your mate has good taste. ;) I'm interested to see what they put out next, I think The Malador Chants is part of a trilogy and the first part was kinda Avant-Garde Ambient-ish(?) So dunno if they continue with that or a follow up to Triangle. Look forward to it whatever it is, but there is no news yet. :(

Have you heard any more Yerusalem tracks yet? I read some reviews of the album and heard some more and I don't know anymore lol. Atmosphere and riff wise it's very industrial-BAN, but the electronic drums are just a bit too in your face for me. Sounds like they're trying to do a bit of Skinny Puppy.

Voivod crowd wasn't too bad once they got on. Gig was a lot of fun ☺

Agreed, they were great. Heavy on the new material but i dont mind that. Ravenous Medicine was a lot of fun.

The supports actually weren't too bad. That El Colosso band is pretty cool.

Disappointing lack of merch though at the table though. No official tour shirts and no posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a good one. Put my favourite Dirty Harry shirt on and took off to the cinema to catch the 9.15pm screening of the Mule. Get sent to cinema 8 by teenager at front. I have an e-ticket which has all the details save for the cinema number. Teenager mumbles scanning system down so needs to do everything manually this evening, Doors open at 9.15pm (despite my ticket telling me 9.15pm start) and I have to sit through all the s**t. Finally at 9.45pm film starts. Opening credits involve 'based on true events' and nothing more. No title. No credits. First scene involves some characters and a place in time I didn't know were in the film. But the 'true events' gives me comfort this is the right film. Bit of violence, but quickly starting to think the film isn't in Eastwood's style. Then a few completely left field moments regarding plot and characters. I went to google. I'd been sent to the wrong cinema and was watching Green Book, not the Mule. Explains the later start time. Anynow, kept watching as it was entertaining. Then the ******* power goes off and restarts. Lights come on and film keeps playing, save no visial just audio. Takes a bit of time for this to be sorted. Had me in tears. Anyhow, will go back for the Mule but enjoyed Green Book and the deju vu moment ala Scorpions.

Got a good one. Put my favourite Dirty Harry shirt on and took off to the cinema to catch the 9.15pm screening of the Mule. Get sent to cinema 8 by teenager at front. I have an e-ticket which has all the details save for the cinema number. Teenager mumbles scanning system down so needs to do everything manually this evening, Doors open at 9.15pm (despite my ticket telling me 9.15pm start) and I have to sit through all the s**t. Finally at 9.45pm film starts. Opening credits involve 'based on true events' and nothing more. No title. No credits. First scene involves some characters and a place in time I didn't know were in the film. But the 'true events' gives me comfort this is the right film. Bit of violence, but quickly starting to think the film isn't in Eastwood's style. Then a few completely left field moments regarding plot and characters. I went to google. I'd been sent to the wrong cinema and was watching Green Book, not the Mule. Explains the later start time. Anynow, kept watching as it was entertaining. Then the ******* power goes off and restarts. Lights come on and film keeps playing, save no visial just audio. Takes a bit of time for this to be sorted. Had me in tears. Anyhow, will go back for the Mule but enjoyed Green Book and the deju vu moment ala Scorpions.

Keen for Mule. I’ll probably have to wait until it’s a home release though.

New King Diamond Live DVD + CD is awesome. Listening through the Fillmore concert and I must’ve played ‘The Possession’ 5 times in a row. The performances are flawless. Can’t wait to watch the 2 x DVDs ($30 at WowHD).

a100b0963d5d6fea8d54012144a1784d.jpg

New King Diamond Live DVD + CD is awesome. Listening through the Fillmore concert and I must’ve played ‘The Possession’ 5 times in a row. The performances are flawless. Can’t wait to watch the 2 x DVDs ($30 at WowHD).

Yeah, looking forward to this one.

Interesting new doco series (just 4 episodes) on Ted Bundy on Netflix - Conversations with a Serial Killer:The Ted Bundy tapes. Very very good thus far for anyone who’s interested. Incredible old footage & of course the tapes themselves. Seems Ted’s biggest fan was Ted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back