Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah if you're on a pc or laptop, you just need to click the time it was posted and it'll take you to a direct link to the post

View attachment 802484

I usually just hit the share and copy the link. Will keep that in mind though. I was on my phone at the time and normally I can go to share options and copy link. Then it also was too long to screen grab. Pain in the arse!

Is Deafheaven considered black metal or shoegaze?

Love Sunbather

I’d say they take influence from both plus a bit of post-rock. Once you’ve been given the ‘hipster’ metal tag though, you seldom shake it no matter what you do. I’ve got New Bermuda and while I like some of it, I’ve failed to invest much time in it (or the band).

Magus no adelaide though, if you were thinking about going unfortunately.

Yeah, I would if they were playing here but am not that disappointed. Saw them on the Annihilation of the Wicked tour, their peak imo. I don't mind the new album but the new lineup doesn't have quite the same charm to me. I'm sure it'll be a tight live show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I would if they were playing here but am not that disappointed. Saw them on the Annihilation of the Wicked tour, their peak imo. I don't mind the new album but the new lineup doesn't have quite the same charm to me. I'm sure it'll be a tight live show.

Yeah. That show was enough for me. Haven't really given the new one much of a spin, but they've always been one of those bands which never fully clicked with me.

Yeah. That show was enough for me. Haven't really given the new one much of a spin, but they've always been one of those bands which never fully clicked with me.

New one is OK but it doesn't sound that unique anymore. I think they lost some of their own trademark sound when Dallas left the band.

Massive fan of Nile, due to studying Egyptology (amongst many other things) at uni. Not as invested as I was, but I'll aim to be there. Hopefully it won't sell out on me, unlike Obituary 😔

Running Wild - Blazon Stone. I reckon this album is overlooked (especially by me). Overshadowed by some of their more high-profiled albums. Some really good material on this.

Hard to follow up the previous album. Having Pile of Skulls follow it is tough too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back