Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Little round up if anyone is keen. ImpNaz and Nargaroth killed it tonight, great performances. Sargeist played all the songs I wanted to hear (Black ******* Murder, Satanic Black Devotion, Remains of an Unholy Past, Empire of Suffering, Black Treasures of Melancholy and Let the Devil in), but sounded shite and played a shortened set, maybe 8 songs. Bands were running 1 hour behind and there was literally 10 minutes between Zemial finishing and Sargeist playing. Took a good 30 seconds to realise what songs they were playing lol, bass drum drowned the guitars out. Zemial were alright, finished with 'Sleeping Under Tartarus' which was great, but they played 'In the Arms of Hades' before it, dunno, thought they could've picked better for a live show. Totalselfhatred were garbage, tech problems and they looked like they couldn't wait to get off stage. Harakiri were decent, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Metal shirts - the social lubricant non-believers will never understand. Countless stories like this. I recall being at Big W and caught up talking to a guy to the dismay of my ‘slight in a hurry’ wife.

Wife: who was that guy?
Dee: no idea
Wife: so you were just chatting to a random?
Dee: yep did you see his King Diamond t-shirt? That was unreal!
Wife: God you’re weird
Noticed in Japan it doesn't happen. Not even an eye glance or nod of the head (what I usually do).

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
JB has some cds going out for ten bucks buy 2 get 1 free.
Nothing massive but I grabbed Dystopia by Megadeth , the RATM albums, Pearl Jam and Baby Metal
Also grabbed Evolution by Once Human

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pelle from Watain banned from the US for 5 years due to shit on his phone? Someone from a touring band years ago told me when you're playing overseas to deactivate your Facebook account and delete the apps, especially when entering the US

While Forsberg admits his phone contained photos of him "chopping heads off road kills, welding weird things that look 'frightening' [and] pics from tours where obviously weird shit happens all the time," he holds that it doesn't warrant him being "thrown into a cell with just a bean bag as a bed next to a toilet" for seven hours.

Read More: Watain Guitarist Denied U.S. Entry After Airport Interrogation | https://loudwire.com/waitain-guitarist-denied-us-entry/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
While Forsberg admits his phone contained photos of him "chopping heads off road kills, welding weird things that look 'frightening' [and] pics from tours where obviously weird shit happens all the time," he holds that it doesn't warrant him being "thrown into a cell with just a bean bag as a bed next to a toilet" for seven hours.

Read More: Watain Guitarist Denied U.S. Entry After Airport Interrogation | https://loudwire.com/waitain-guitarist-denied-us-entry/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
It's still hard to work out what laws he broke. Someone didn't want them/him there and they just looked for anything at all to refuse entry.

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Obsiquiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings.
Is this black metal? Not strictly - but I’d say it’s for BM fans. Medieval/folky BM. The type they’d play out at Montsalvat late at night.

2019’s Top 10 is going to be full as a State School. Might need a top 15.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I saw them last time and they were awesome. From memory it was an interesting set list with maybe one song from Deliverance and not many of the more popular hits, which i didnt really mind. Even COC playing a shit setlist would be better than many bands
That's when they were a three piece yeah? I liked the couple of albums they did at that time but with Pepper back in the band it should be extra special. That means plenty of Deliverance/Wiseblood material.
This is a huge one off the bucketlist for me.

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
That's when they were a three piece yeah? I liked the couple of albums they did at that time but with Pepper back in the band it should be extra special. That means plenty of Deliverance/Wiseblood material.
This is a huge one off the bucketlist for me.
Yeah they were a 3 piece then. I think it was pretty soon after that tour that Pepper came back. I can't wait!

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Hope you guys don't mind a quick comment on last day of the fest.

Sarkrista - Really awesome. Kind of Finn inspired BM up the Sargeist/Satanic Warmaster alley. Their sound was really good overall with a great vocal performance, made up for the disappointment of Sargeist sound.

Azaghal - I don't mind them but they're one of those consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 bands that never let you down but don't have any staple albums so it was hard to get enthused about them during the show, but they were solid enough.

Kawir - Awesome. Probably my favourite performance from the weekend, can't go wrong with some folk infused BM (especially with bagpipes ;) ). They almost cancelled due to the singer being hospitalised but they got a stand in from Cult of Eibon and he did really well.

Varathron - missed them, was too busy blethering away to some pals I know running one of the merch stands (Also met the guy that owns Purity-through-fire), but did find out that Kroda cancelled due to not having flights booked before applying for their visas which is an unfortunate technicality I guess...

Ancient - Didn't really know of them prior to announcement, but they performed the Svartalvheim album in full which I listened to in the lead up to the fest and they were great too.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

Dee Snider

Premiership Player
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Excerpt from the forthcoming Paradise Lost book here for anyone interested:

Not a big fan of PL, but the decibel books i have are all quality so tempted to get this one
Pre-ordered mine a while back.

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
new aussie band called galaxy, they released an ep not long ago, but i reckon its one of the best metal releases from australia in a very long time, vocals very clearly like king diamond, if you got time check them out

Good one. Just bought the cd.

Top Bottom