MVP BigFooty West Coast Player of the Year 2016 - Results Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Played on the HBF for many years, played my best football there. I was then moved to FF because apparently I could kick more than 40m, hated it. Backmen for life :)

Played all of my footy at half back\CHB. At one point my coach promised me a run in the forward line. The day arrived, i was pumped, had played it out over and over how i was going to kick 5. Arrive at the ground, coach calls me over, and much to my horror our regular full back was out sick. Coach said my forward line debut was on hold, played on the leading goal kicker, kept him goal less, never bloody left full back :(:mad:

Huge shock that one. :D

17739.jpg
Hey, I still gave him votes though, I bet plenty of Priddis haters didn't, and for all my "hate" I had him as my 7th best player for the year. Also I stand by my votes, the only midfielder who deserved votes for most of the year was Shuey.

Individual voting...

Here2tellyouwhy

You voted in every round

Player..............Total votes
Luke Shuey..............57
Josh Kennedy...........34
Jeremy McGovern....30
Andrew Gaff.............29
Nic Naitanu..............28
Matt Priddis..............25
Brad Sheppard.........20
Josh Hill...................17
Jack Darling.............15
Tom Barrass.............13
Elliot Yeo..................13
Scott Lycett..............12
shannon hurn...........11
mark LeCras...............9
Sharrod Wellingham....6
Patrick McGinnity........5
Jamie Cripps...............4
Sam Butler.................4
Chris Masten..............4
Mark Hutchings..........3
John Giles..................2
Lewis Jetta................2
Liam Duggan.............1
Jamie Bennell.............1

People you love - Gaff (7 votes more than the average), Hill (5 votes more)
People you hate - Kennedy (5 votes less than the average)
Your feelings towards Priddis - You have neutral feelings about the Priddis (1 votes less than average)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Individual voting...

MrKK

Missed voting in one round. I've added the group votes for that rounds. The votes added are shown in brackets.

Luke Shuey.............46 (3)
Jeremy McGovern....42 (4)
Josh Kennedy...........33
Andrew Gaff.............29 (2)
Matt Priddis..............28
Nic Naitanui.............26
Brad Sheppard.........22
Jack Darling.............18
Elliot Yeo..................12
Tom Barrass.............11
mark LeCras.............10
Jamie Cripps.............10
shannon hurn............9
Josh Hill.....................9
Chris Masten..............8
Scott Lycett................6
Mark Hutchings..........5 (1)
Patrick McGinnity........5 (5)
Lewis Jetta.................4
Liam Duggan..............4
Sharrod Wellingham...3
Jack Redden...............2
Will Schofield..............1
John Giles...................1
Sam Butler..................1

People you love - McGovern (9 votes more than the average), Gaff (7 votes more)
People you hate - Shuey (7 votes less than the average), Kennedy (6 votes less), Lycett (7 votes less), Wellingham (4 votes less)
Your feelings towards Priddis - You dont have strong feelings about the Priddis (2 votes more than average)

You still think Suma is better? I don't have a problem with that. In my opinion Kennedy moved past him this year. Suma may have kicked more goals, but that's only because of the different eras both players played in.
Nah, Suma kicked bags in finals fidstar, stood up more in the big games, IMO. And am not a particularly big fan of Suma....

Nah, Suma kicked bags in finals fidstar, stood up more in the big games, IMO. And am not a particularly big fan of Suma....

I'm Sumas biggest fan (favorite player of all time). But I can see the number of goals Suma kicked was due to being a product of his time. I think Kennedy kicking 82 this year is at least equivalent, if not better, than the 111 Suma kicked in 91.

Kennedy's resume is also starting to exceed Sumas. Suma has him in total goals, but Kennedy has two Colemans and 2 AA to Sumas 0 in both. Suma finished 4th in WCEs best and fairest on two occasions. His next best season was 10th! Kennedy has finished 3rd on two occasions, with another year in 6th. And that excludes this season where he is 90%+ to finish Top 3 again.

You are 100% right that Suma had a sensational Finals record though. Much better than Kennedy's.

I'm Sumas biggest fan (favorite player of all time). But I can see the number of goals Suma kicked was due to being a product of his time. I think Kennedy kicking 82 this year is at least equivalent, if not better, than the 111 Suma kicked in 91.

Kennedy's resume is also starting to exceed Sumas. Suma has him in total goals, but Kennedy has two Colemans and 2 AA to Sumas 0 in both. Suma finished 4th in WCEs best and fairest on two occasions. His next best season was 10th! Kennedy has finished 3rd on two occasions, with another year in 6th. And that excludes this season where he is 90%+ to finish Top 3 again.

You are 100% right that Suma had a sensational Finals record though. Much better than Kennedy's.
Suma was actually good when the chips were down. Helped turn the 92 GF, along with Evans, IMHO. Suma was around when big behemoth full forwards were the norm, Dunstall, Lockett et al. Suma was not a big behemoth though, was more the bridge between then and the modern full forward. The defenders were allowed, in fact you would have got a red card if you didn't, to belt them behind the ears, chop the arms etc. It's like the McIntosh v Glass FB debate, I suspect. ;)

Individual voting...

RookiePick

You voted in every round

Luke Shuey.............56
Josh Kennedy..........41
Matt Priddis.............38
Jeremy McGovern....28
Nic Naitanui.............26
Josh Hill...................25
Jack Darlin...............17
Andrew Gaff.............15
shannon hurn..........13
Brad Sheppard..........13
Scott Lycett..............11
mark LeCras..............9
Jamie Cripps..............7
Mark Hutchings.........7
Jackson Nelson..........6
Patrick McGinnity.......5
Tom Barrass...............5
Sam Butler.................5
Sharrod Wellingham...5
Jack Redden...............3
Liam Duggan..............3
Simon Tunbridge........2
Chris Masten..............2
Elliot Yeo....................2
Tom Cole....................1

People you love - Hill (13 votes more than the average), Hurn (5 votes more), Nelson (4.5 votes more), Butler (4 votes more)
People you hate - McGovern (5 votes less than the average), Gaff (7 votes less), Sheppard (5 votes less), Barrass (6 votes less), Masten (4 votes less), Yeo (11 votes less)
Your feelings towards Priddis - You want to make love to the Priddis (12 votes more than average)

What did Yeo do to you??!?!?!?!!?!?

Suma was actually good when the chips were down. Helped turn the 92 GF, along with Evans, IMHO. Suma was around when big behemoth full forwards were the norm, Dunstall, Lockett et al. Suma was not a big behemoth though, was more the bridge between then and the modern full forward. The defenders were allowed, in fact you would have got a red card if you didn't, to belt them behind the ears, chop the arms etc. It's like the McIntosh v Glass FB debate, I suspect. ;)

Glass > McIntosh fwiw ;)

Individual voting...

Here2tellyouwhy

You voted in every round

Luke Shuey..............57
Josh Kennedy...........34
Jeremy McGovern....30
Andrew Gaff.............29
Nic Naitanu..............28
Matt Priddis..............25
Brad Sheppard.........20
Josh Hill...................17
Jack Darling.............15
Tom Barrass.............13
Elliot Yeo..................13
Scott Lycett..............12
shannon hurn...........11
mark LeCras...............9
Sharrod Wellingham....6
Patrick McGinnity........5
Jamie Cripps...............4
Sam Butler.................4
Chris Masten..............4
Mark Hutchings..........3
John Giles..................2
Lewis Jetta................2
Liam Duggan.............1
Jamie Bennell.............1

People you love - Gaff (7 votes more than the average), Hill (5 votes more)
People you hate - Kennedy (5 votes less than the average)
Your feelings towards Priddis - You have neutral feelings about the Priddis (1 votes less than average)

Thanks fidstar love your work.

Can i get a breakdown of Eaglemaniacs votes?

I'd like to know if he still gave votes to Hutchings when he was in the WAFL

He only voted in 3 games.

Player...................Votes
Andrew Gaff............11
Mark Hutchings........8
Josh Kennedy...........7
Jeremy McGovern.....6
Patrick McGinnity......5
John Giles................3
Tom Barrass.............2
dom sheed...............1
Jackson Nelson.........1
Lewis Jetta...............1

8 votes for Hutching. The group as a whole gave him 1.24 votes in those games!

Last edited:
Glass > McIntosh fwiw ;)
I feel you forget in time just how good some of those players were. It's easy with Glass' resume to stick him in front of McIntosh or replace McIntosh in an all time WC side.

But I got binging on old WC games on YouTube a few weeks back and boy could Millie play. He really stands out watching those old games. So does McKenna and how classy he was off half back.

FWIW, I'd have both McIntosh and Glass in an all time WC side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back