Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serge back in the XI after abandoning his teammates. Spineless decision or what. What's this bloke gotta do to be kicked out of the club?

We probably need a good 5-0 thumping here so something actually changes with the style of play
He will stay till the end of the season as his style is somewhat effective in cup style games and the league is almost unsalvageable now. Can’t see him going into next season though

I passed sadness weeks back.

Now I am just flat out angry. We were in a Champions League Final just over 18 months ago.
I'm at the where to next phase.

Genuinely on a walk to get lunch earlier I thought maybe if/when Kane and/or Son ask to leave it might be what we actually need to rebuild this s**t heap of a squad. 300m or more is needed to invest and the only two sellable assets are those two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at the where to next phase.

Genuinely on a walk to get lunch earlier I thought maybe if/when Kane and/or Son ask to leave it might be what we actually need to rebuild this sh*t heap of a squad. 300m or more is needed to invest and the only two sellable assets are those two

Yeah, I'm hearing you.

Levy gave Pochettino zero when we were on the verge of glory and waited until far too late to give him anything at all. I am convinced that Levy doesn't give a rat's arse about the actual squad. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to sell now that he's completed his vanity project...and been stopped in his tracks by Covid.

There's not going to be a couple of hundred million quid handed out to any manager though, that much is certain.

Yeah, I'm hearing you.

Levy gave Pochettino zero when we were on the verge of glory and waited until far too late to give him anything at all. I am convinced that Levy doesn't give a rat's arse about the actual squad. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to sell now that he's completed his vanity project...and been stopped in his tracks by Covid.

There's not going to be a couple of hundred million quid handed out to any manager though, that much is certain.
Only thru player sales will the squad get the level of investment it needs to get us back where we got to under Poch, which was consistently top 4 but just not strong enough. Probably needs a good 450m to be a true contender.

I passed sadness weeks back.

Now I am just flat out angry. We were in a Champions League Final just over 18 months ago.
Yeah but this slide started 12 months before that.

Only thru player sales will the squad get the level of investment it needs to get us back where we got to under Poch, which was consistently top 4 but just not strong enough. Probably needs a good 450m to be a true contender.

So, looking at what we might get in terms of player sales and what the beginnings of a squad overhaul may look like.

Guys that need/should/are most likely to be shopped around and have some value:

Lamela 15m
Aurier 20m but I am not averse to keeping given how bad Docherty is and we have other areas that need upgrading first.
Sanchez 20m
Alderweireld 10m
Winks 20m (Skipp is a huge upgrade)
Moura 25m
Bergwijn 20m
Dele 40m (Levy will hold out for 60m but won't get it). Should be kept.
Sissoko 15m but not averse to keeping him.
Reguillon 40m is the buyback figure if Real Madrid trigger it, which is likely.
Lloris 10m (age and declining form against him now, needs to be upgraded).

Others

Dier should be shopped but he'll be kept.
Doherty will stay as he has no immediate value.
Davis keep, plays second fiddle to Sessegnon (recall asap) if Reguillon goes. Good backup and is versatile.
Bale can be sent back to Madrid to sit on their bench.
Foyth is a real talent. Perhaps a new manager recalls him and gives him opportunities.
Tanganga - definite keep.
Rodon - definite keep
Clarke/Skipp - recall asap and get them into the starting squad.
Hojbjerg - obvious keep.
Hart - surely we give his games to Whiteman?
Lo Celso - not sure he is what we need, unless he can play in a midfield 3 or a diamond with N'dombele.
Vinicius - get the loan extended if possible. Think he could be very good with the right manager.

Unsellable:

Kane 120m
Son 90m
N'dombele 60m

Given we won't be shipping out a dozen players I really only see about 75-100m in summer sales, and that is if everything goes right. But then you have to upgrade them with Levy unlikely to kick in too much extra funding. As a priority we need an upgrade on the RW (40m) and a playmaking midfielder of very high quality (a 60-80m player). We need at least one new CH which is another 50m and that is before we think about upgrading
our RB and pensioning off Hugo. So that is 150m. I am not sure how we do it to be honest.

So, looking at what we might get in terms of player sales and what the beginnings of a squad overhaul may look like.

Lamela 15m
Aurier 20m but I am not averse to keeping given how bad Docherty is and we have other areas that need upgrading first.
Sanchez 20m
Alderweireld 10m
Moura 25m
Bergwijn 20m

Others

Davis keep, plays second fiddle to Sessegnon (recall asap) if Reguillon goes. Good backup and is versatile.
Foyth is a real talent. Perhaps a new manager recalls him and gives him opportunities.
Rodon - definite keep
Hojbjerg - obvious keep.
Lo Celso - not sure he is what we need, unless he can play in a midfield 3 or a diamond with N'dombele.
Vinicius - get the loan extended if possible. Think he could be very good with the right manager.

Unsellable:

Kane 120m
Son 90m
N'dombele 60m

Given we won't be shipping out a dozen players I really only see about 75-100m in summer sales, and that is if everything goes right. But then you have to upgrade them with Levy unlikely to kick in too much extra funding. As a priority we need an upgrade on the RW (40m) and a playmaking midfielder of very high quality (a 60-80m player). We need at least one new CH which is another 50m and that is before we think about upgrading
our RB and pensioning off Hugo. So that is 150m. I am not sure how we do it to be honest.
A lot comes down to who the manager is. But i would be surprised if we even tried to sell all those that go we raise that level of funds.

For instance Lamela and Aurier have 12 months left on their contacts come this summer. We'd be lucky to get over 10m for either. Probably just loan them out.

Don't think winks hits 20m. Or Lucas above 20m. Dele yes on price but won't be sold, levy has made that clear even if Mou stays. Sissoko yep 15m. Lloris with his contract yep 10m. Sanchez wpuld be 15-20m. Reggy who knows if they hit the buyback.

If reg goes we make over 100m in sales. He stays and it's 50-70m. Crazy really when we need north of 300m to build a top 3 side.

You kind of do need Harry's people to say hey we want to go and let the bidding start at 150m. PSG, City, Real will all be interested. Even then we are still another 60-100m short.

Lamela 15m
Sanchez 20m
Alderweireld 10m
Moura 25m
Bergwijn 20m

Others

Rodon - definite keep
Hojbjerg - obvious keep.

Unsellable:

Kane 120m
Son 90m
N'dombele 60m

Such a shame regarding Sanchez after purchasing him for 43. Levy will not cop that much of a loss, surely.

You are dreaming if someone will pay much over 10m for Toby. Same with Moura at 25.

Should also keep Bergwijn.

Agree on Foyth.

Assuming we have money to spend, realistic targets we should be considering per position.

GK: Mike Maignan or Henderson
RB: Max Aarons, Yousef Atel
CB: Luiz Felipe from Lazio, Tyrone Mings, Nathan Wood from Boro
LB: recall Sessengon
CM: Ward-Prowse, John McGinn, Bissouma, Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon, Neuhaus
AM: Cantwell, Olise (since we aren't big enough to get Grealish)
ST: Ings

Assuming we have money to spend, realistic targets we should be considering per position.

GK: Mike Maignan or Henderson
RB: Max Aarons, Yousef Atel
CB: Luiz Felipe from Lazio, Tyrone Mings, Nathan Wood from Boro
LB: recall Sessengon
CM: Ward-Prowse, John McGinn, Bissouma, Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon, Neuhaus
AM: Cantwell, Olise (since we aren't big enough to get Grealish)
ST: Ings
Following Zeki Celik at Lille? We were linked with him (not sure how true/close we were). Still a chance?

Such a shame regarding Sanchez after purchasing him for 43. Levy will not cop that much of a loss, surely.

You are dreaming if someone will pay much over 10m for Toby. Same with Moura at 25.

Should also keep Bergwijn.

Agree on Foyth.

I had Toby at 10m.

Moura maybe a tad optimistic, perhaps 15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back