Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theyre both promoted and surely staying at their clubs. Buendia we should have got along with Aarons last year
I still don’t want Aarons.
Buendia is 2nd choice for the Gunners if they can’t convince Madrid to let them have Odegaard back. He most certainly is gettable.

I still don’t want Aarons.
Buendia is 2nd choice for the Gunners if they can’t convince Madrid to let them have Odegaard back. He most certainly is gettable.
If Norwich sell him they should just hand back their promotion to the loser of the play off final. Waste of time coming up and selling their best player. But keep them after a relegation. They need to build around him not sell. Guess that's why they're such a waste of time yo yo club

Thought I'd pen my thoughts on the leading 5 candidates (Ragnick, Potter, Conte, Ten Hag & Poch) going into the week where we are expected to name our new manager.

Ragnick
Pros:
He is the manager we need to go full rebuild on the cheap. Has a great track record leading the Red Bull operations on finding cheaper signings from Africa, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe and selling them for massive profits. Tactically he also is what is considered the new age high pressing guru. Hassenhuttl, Nagelsmann and even Klopp highly regard his 4-2-4 high pressing attacking football.

Cons:
He is used to having full control of the transfer and scouting network which would mean bye bye Hitchen. But that is not going to happen so he will have to work with Hitchen which I can't see working. He would also be a short term appointment with a younger disciple ideally coming in as assistant and then manager. We can't get 1 signing right most the time let alone finding 2!

Potter
Pros:

Stats and xG make him the most interesting manager we could sign. Stylistically and statisically what he has done with Brighton should excite people with what he could do with Reguillon instead of Dan Burn. Or Son instead of Maupay etc. etc. He'd be afforded a bedding in time by the home fans being a local manager given a go at rebuilding on the cheap.

Cons:
Results in England so far are mixed. Stats can lie. Do we want to be the guinea pigs of xG?

Conte
Pros:
He is a proven winner, but unlike the last proven winner he does it with some style too.

Cons:
Proven winner when clubs spend. He won the Serie A because Inter spent more than they could afford. Levy is too smart to do that. He doesn't value 1 trophy enough to overspend to win. Chelsea links again after AVB and Mou.

Ten Hag
Pros:
He gets his team playing some very exciting football. Works well with younger players as well as more experienced guys like Tadic and Blind to get them to gel into a winning side.

Cons:
He is used to having one of if not the best youth academy in the world feeding him players. We aren't there. Skipp is ready to be blooded. But the likes of Devine, Scarlett & Parrott are well short of what he is used to working at Ajax. Plus the Dutch league is a softer league to blood them into. Heck look at Bergwijn and Janssen for proof that it can be an easy league to look good in. Unless he brings the whole academy setup with him he might not be what we are hoping for.

Pochettino
Pros:
We (99% of us) love him and loves us. He plays attacking high pressing football that is the style that seems to get more success nowadays. Has gone away and won a French Cup but it must feel a bit hollow for him to consider coming back. He has proven he can rebuild with limited resources with us and also at Southampton.

Cons:
The rebuild with us wasn't with Hitchen and was with his guy Paul Mitchell who has gone to Red Bull and Monaco and worked wonders at both. Is it too soon? Still largely the same squad that wasn't working. But is it a case of both needed time apart and working with soulless people/organisations to realise what they had was so good they can make it work again?

In summary my heart says Pochettino, my perfect world (he has full control) head says Ragnick, my reality world (he has little control or money) says Potter. My fantasy world where we spend more than we can afford and really try and win the league says Conte.

Head with Levy, tight funds & a muppet in Hitchen still Conte?

Seems like an expensive choice without the tools needed to maximise his talents.
Yep.

Ambition is a concept you continually struggle with.

I’d rather stick with Mason than xG fanboi Potter too btw.

We’ve just secured £250m to spend.

- £175m Bank of England loan. Due March 2022. Bought out by a private placement organised by Bank of America for £250m
- This removes the stipulation it cannot be spent on transfers.
- it also converts it to a 25-30 maturity at 2.5%
- Our unique position providing security for companies to invest in us. Unlike Liverpool, Arsenal etc with high wage bills we don’t rely on UCL football to be profitable. Our non-football events are a money spinner that makes us a low risk investment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

Ambition is a concept you continually struggle with.

Surely ambition should be seen with the overall plan?

Why appoint Conte (or Mourinho for that matter) and not provide the tools?

Lewis Hamilton doesn’t win the F1 world championship in a Camry.

- £175m Bank of England loan. Due March 2022. Bought out by a private placement organised by Bank of America for £250m
- Our unique position providing security for companies to invest in us. Unlike Liverpool, Arsenal etc with high wage bills we don’t rely on UCL football to be profitable. Our non-football events are a money spinner that makes us a low risk investment.

Is your understanding that this is money for the squad overhaul?

You really have NFI about the game if you think think about Mason and Potter. Which doesn't surprise me.

Well this changes things. Conte with 250m (plus player sales) even working with Hitchen could be a reality worth striving for. I've said many times I'd love for us to have ambition and spend and get wins. But the reality is we've never had a chairmen who had that ambition to spend and win. But if he is securing a transfer kitty of 250m then we may as well go out and get Conte and spend it all. If/when Conte chooses Madrid over us I'd then offer the same 250m to Ragnick and Poch.

250m plus player sales this is going to be one fun window. We must not play funny buggers with the selling of the deadwood. Get these guys out of the club with improvements easy to find.

Outs: Aurier (15m), Lamela (10m), Foyth (13m out of our hands), Dier (15m), Davies (15m), Bergwijn (15m), Sissoko (10m) & Sanchez (15m) = 108m

Ins: 358m to spend on 1 RB, 2 CB, 2 CM, 1 AM & 1 ST. If there's money leftover get in a young GK to eventually replace Lloris.

RB: Go hard for Hakimi for 50m
CB: Get Skrinar for 50m. Inter want to raise funds. Conte's main man. Pau Torres for 60m
CB: Ben White for 40m or Pau Torres for 60m. Get 2 of those 3 in.
CM: Sabitzer for 35m
CM: Skipp returning. Plus Winks could work in a Conte setup.
AM: Fight Arsenal for Fekir and Buendia around 40m should get it done. Auoar another that could go for around 30-40m would be kicking ourselves if we dont get in there
ST: Fight with West Ham for Patson Daka from Salzburg 15-20m. Can play wide when Kane starts.

That leaves us with a good 100m leftover where we could make a last minute CM or AM/ST move if Conte feels he needs another one in. Or get the young GK and loan them back. Possibly even sign Wober a LB/LCB and loan him out the first season to a Norwich as part of a Buendia deal

In Conte's 3-5-2 we would look like this

GK: Lloris, Hart, new signing
3 CB: Skrinar, Torres/White, Rodon, Toby, Tanganga
1 RWB: Hakimi, Doherty
1 DM: Hojberg, Skipp
1 CM: Sabitzer, Lo Celso, Dele
1 CM: Auoar, Ndombele, Winks
1 LWB: Reguillon, Sessengon
2 ST: Kane, Son, Fekir, Daka

23 man squad topped up with Devine, Harvey White and Scarlett from the academy. Possibly 1 CB short with just 5 on the books and playing 3 doesn't allow for injuries so maybe we do get in another young CB because the academy doesn't have anyone close.

You really have NFI about the game if you think think about Mason and Potter. Which doesn't surprise me.
Every time I challenge you you get personal. A weird trait.
I don’t want to be a guinea pig for some no name flog who narrowly avoided relegation. He is a signing that is beneath us.

We have 3 palatable choices. Ten Hag, Conte or Pochettino.

In Conte's 3-5-2 we would look like this

GK: Lloris, Hart, new signing
3 CB: Skrinar, Torres/White, Rodon, Toby, Tanganga
1 RWB: Hakimi, Doherty
1 DM: Hojberg, Skipp
1 CM: Sabitzer, Lo Celso, Dele
1 CM: Auoar, Ndombele, Winks
1 LWB: Reguillon, Sessengon
2 ST: Kane, Son, Fekir, Daka

23 man squad topped up with Devine, Harvey White and Scarlett from the academy. Possibly 1 CB short with just 5 on the books and playing 3 doesn't allow for injuries so maybe we do get in another young CB because the academy doesn't have anyone close.

Pre loan, was the Foyth deal a blunder? ie did Juan show anywhere near as much as he has at VillaReal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I challenge you you get personal. A weird trait.
I don’t want to be a guinea pig for some no name flog who narrowly avoided relegation. He is a signing that is beneath us.

We have 3 palatable choices. Ten Hag, Conte or Pochettino.
Poch was in a similar boat when he got the chance to step up. Wasn't on here around then to know if you were also one of the many who thought he was beneath us when we should have got LVG. It's not personal, you've just got no real clue about how stats and analysis works if you can't appreciate how Potter and Brighton's xG works. I spent the time to dig deeper into the analysis of them because I was skeptical too. But you don't want to. You just what to go between high and mighty / simpleton with your views.

Conte with money is the clear choice. No doubt about that. 350m warchest and he can win us the league.

Ten Hag I'm unsold on because of how easy Ajax have it in Holland and how good their academy is. Wouldn't be against being a guinea pig.

Poch is about 12-24 months too soon for the ideal return. Still so many of the same squad are here. And then guys like PEH and Doherty i don't see working under him because they were such Mou signings.

Pre loan, was the Foyth deal a blunder? ie did Juan show anywhere near as much as he has at VillaReal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He showed some moments of genuine class. Mixed in with moments of softness and brain fades. Mou doesn't has time for that. Fingers crossed our new manager can convince him to stay that's 1 less signing to worry about.

Is your understanding that this is money for the squad overhaul?
I made a slight error so re-read the tweet. We secured 250m with a very long maturity but the basic premise is we must pay back 175m by March. So we have 75m left over from this long term refinancing. Not 250m.

It still releases the shackles from BoE and gives us some money to play with. Add in some sales and the budget is decent.

Thought it was too good to be true. 75m plus player sales should still be enough for Conte to bring in Hakimi, Skrinar, one of Pau Torres or Ben White, Sabitzer, Auoar and one of Fekir and Patson Daka.

Poch was in a similar boat when he got the chance to step up. Wasn't on here around then to know if you were also one of the many who thought he was beneath us when we should have got LVG. It's not personal, you've just got no real clue about how stats and analysis works if you can't appreciate how Potter and Brighton's xG works. I spent the time to dig deeper into the analysis of them because I was skeptical too. But you don't want to. You just what to go between high and mighty / simpleton with your views.
He got Southampton to their highest finish is ages, all while promoting a lot of players that would go on to be bought by big clubs. Apart from Bissouma being chased by midtable Arsenal who is getting a big move? Who has he made a star? If doing well on an xG chart with players no one of note would be interested in buying is good enough for THFC these days then boy have we slipped a lot.

Please don’t compare what Poch did prior to coming here to Potter. Narrowly avoiding relegation shouldn’t be seen as potential managerial credentials for a club like ours. We aren’t West Ham.

I understand xG and how it works, I used it to show Lloris is under-appreciated and in fact a top 3 GK this season. It just shouldn’t be management criteria. He manages a small squad with 1 game a week and early cup exits. We have no clue how he’d fare with 50+ games and 4 comps simultaneously. We have solid data on that for every other candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back