Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got Southampton to their highest finish is ages, all while promoting a lot of players that would go on to be bought by big clubs. Apart from Bissouma being chased by midtable Arsenal who is getting a big move? Who has he made a star? If doing well on an xG chart with players no one of note would be interested in buying is good enough for THFC these days then boy have we slipped a lot.

Please don’t compare what Poch did prior to coming here to Potter. Narrowly avoiding relegation shouldn’t be seen as potential managerial credentials for a club like ours. We aren’t West Ham.

I understand xG and how it works, I used it to show Lloris is under-appreciated and in fact a top 3 GK this season. It just shouldn’t be management criteria. He manages a small squad with 1 game a week and early cup exits. We have no clue how he’d fare with 50+ games and 4 comps simultaneously. We have solid data on that for every other candidate.
Brighton got their highest points total in the top flight of all time. Lower base at Brighton that what Poch got off the back to back promotions that Southampton had with Adkins. They were also in an okay spot when they made the brave call to boot Adkins.

Potter is no greater punt than Ten Hag. Ten Hag is in a two horse race in Holland with the far stronger horse. No against either punt but it's crazy to suggest either are far more likely to succeed than the other. Let alone being derogatory towards one candidate.

Poch I'd love to come back but its so soon. And Conte I'd love to have 150-200m to spend but feel that Madrid is a greater appeal.

Brighton got their highest points total in the top flight of all time. Lower base at Brighton that what Poch got off the back to back promotions that Southampton had with Adkins. They were also in an okay spot when they made the brave call to boot Adkins.

Potter is no greater punt than Ten Hag. Ten Hag is in a two horse race in Holland with the far stronger horse. No against either punt but it's crazy to suggest either are far more likely to succeed than the other. Let alone being derogatory towards one candidate.

Poch I'd love to come back but its so soon. And Conte I'd love to have 150-200m to spend but feel that Madrid is a greater appeal.
I don’t want Potter as it means we have failed to secure 3-4 better options. He isn’t the best we can go for, not even 2nd best.

Last edited:
250m plus player sales this is going to be one fun window. We must not play funny buggers with the selling of the deadwood. Get these guys out of the club with improvements easy to find.

Outs: Aurier (15m), Lamela (10m), Foyth (13m out of our hands), Dier (15m), Davies (15m), Bergwijn (15m), Sissoko (10m) & Sanchez (15m) = 108m

Ins: 358m to spend on 1 RB, 2 CB, 2 CM, 1 AM & 1 ST. If there's money leftover get in a young GK to eventually replace Lloris.

RB: Go hard for Hakimi for 50m
CB: Get Skrinar for 50m. Inter want to raise funds. Conte's main man. Pau Torres for 60m
CB: Ben White for 40m or Pau Torres for 60m. Get 2 of those 3 in.
CM: Sabitzer for 35m
CM: Skipp returning. Plus Winks could work in a Conte setup.
AM: Fight Arsenal for Fekir and Buendia around 40m should get it done. Auoar another that could go for around 30-40m would be kicking ourselves if we dont get in there
ST: Fight with West Ham for Patson Daka from Salzburg 15-20m. Can play wide when Kane starts.

That leaves us with a good 100m leftover where we could make a last minute CM or AM/ST move if Conte feels he needs another one in. Or get the young GK and loan them back. Possibly even sign Wober a LB/LCB and loan him out the first season to a Norwich as part of a Buendia deal
Like this. The players going out are exactly who I would off load. I would actually add Winks to that list and keep Davies. I think Davies is a useful squad backup if we move to a 3 CB system under Conte. Skipp is more than ready to replace Winks.

RB: Agree Hakimi is a great choice.
CB: I think Ben White is too expensive for a player with potential but not there yet. Andersen is a better choice.
CB: One of Skrinar or Bastoni to appease Conte.
CM: Agree Sabitzer is a great choice to replace Sissoko.
AM: I would actually look at Matheus Perreira for this role. He has proven himself at West Brom, can hit a free kick and can play central or out wide.
ST: Agree with Daka and if Kane does get sold to Man City, then Lukaku should be his replacement, if Inter are motivated sellers.
GK: Think we need to upgrade backup GK, I’ll sign Sam Johnstone from West Brom.

Lloris
(Johnstone)

Anderson-Alderweireld-Bastoni/Skrinar
(Tangana-Rodon-Davies)

Hakimi-Hojbjerg-Ndombele-Reguilon
(Doherty-Sabitzer-Skipp-Lo Celso-Sessegnon)

Bale/Perreira-Kane/Lukaku-Son
(Lucas-Daka-Dele)

He got Southampton to their highest finish is ages, all while promoting a lot of players that would go on to be bought by big clubs. Apart from Bissouma being chased by midtable Arsenal who is getting a big move? Who has he made a star? If doing well on an xG chart with players no one of note would be interested in buying is good enough for THFC these days then boy have we slipped a lot.

Please don’t compare what Poch did prior to coming here to Potter. Narrowly avoiding relegation shouldn’t be seen as potential managerial credentials for a club like ours. We aren’t West Ham.

I understand xG and how it works, I used it to show Lloris is under-appreciated and in fact a top 3 GK this season. It just shouldn’t be management criteria. He manages a small squad with 1 game a week and early cup exits. We have no clue how he’d fare with 50+ games and 4 comps simultaneously. We have solid data on that for every other candidate.

He was able to take a third tier Swedish outfit to the knockout stages of the Europa League in what, 4 seasons?

By any measure, that is impressive. Give BHA our front 3 and they land in the top 6 in all likelihood.

The guy is an outstanding, progressive manager. To say that you’d keep Mason before appointing Potter is astonishingly ignorant.

Like this. The players going out are exactly who I would off load. I would actually add Winks to that list and keep Davies. I think Davies is a useful squad backup if we move to a 3 CB system under Conte. Skipp is more than ready to replace Winks.

RB: Agree Hakimi is a great choice.
CB: I think Ben White is too expensive for a player with potential but not there yet. Andersen is a better choice.
CB: One of Skrinar or Bastoni to appease Conte.
CM: Agree Sabitzer is a great choice to replace Sissoko.
AM: I would actually look at Matheus Perreira for this role. He has proven himself at West Brom, can hit a free kick and can play central or out wide.
ST: Agree with Daka and if Kane does get sold to Man City, then Lukaku should be his replacement, if Inter are motivated sellers.
GK: Think we need to upgrade backup GK, I’ll sign Sam Johnstone from West Brom.

Lloris
(Johnstone)

Anderson-Alderweireld-Bastoni/Skrinar
(Tangana-Rodon-Davies)

Hakimi-Hojbjerg-Ndombele-Reguilon
(Doherty-Sabitzer-Skipp-Lo Celso-Sessegnon)

Bale/Perreira-Kane/Lukaku-Son
(Lucas-Daka-Dele)
Reason I went with White over Anderson is the HG factor. Similar to why Davies should move on because in Europe he isn't HG. Like Bastoni as a fall back option to Skrinar. And with Torres most likely Utd bound he'd be a great left footer to go to. Good shout on Matheus P. Not sure what the price would be there, Auoar from Lyon is being touted in the 30-40m range which is a steal when dealing with the football factory Lyon.Not sure MP would cost that much less.

Only one I'm not sold on is Johnstone. Granted I watched next to no WBA so not sure just how good he is. Could he be another relegated keeper who cant step up at a better club?

He was able to take a third tier Swedish outfit to the knockout stages of the Europa League in what, 4 seasons?

By any measure, that is impressive. Give BHA our front 3 and they land in the top 6 in all likelihood.

The guy is an outstanding, progressive manager. To say that you’d keep Mason before appointing Potter is astonishingly ignorant.
Ten Hag who is being dismissed took an Ajax side (after a decade of Dutch football regression in Europe) to within 1 Lucas Moura half of football from a CL final.

Conte took a Juve side who hadn’t won the league in nearly a decade, and were relegated, and won the league.

He took midtable Chelsea and won them the league.
He took Inter who haven’t won a trophy for 11 years and won them the league.

Pochettino took Espanyol in the bottom 3 and took them to midtable. Midtable again the following year. Fell out over no money leading to relegation fears.

Enhanced Southampton and took them to new heights. Took us to consistent CL football.

Mason won 4/6 league games, the villa game likely was affected by the news of Kane wanting out the day before. His subs were s**t and needs experience and I don’t want him as our gaffer but I don’t want Potter either.

I am approaching this with Kane in mind. Potter coming in won’t challenge the board. He’ll be happy to accept the step up and work with what transfers we provide.

Conte will only accept us if there are assurances. Pochettino if he has self respect will do likewise. This is what we need. Someone who will challenge the board to push the boat out and get us to a point where Kane wants to stay. Potter comes in based off nothing more than xG and you can kiss goodbye to Kane in 12 months time

Ten Hag who is being dismissed took an Ajax side (after a decade of Dutch football regression in Europe) to within 1 Lucas Moura half of football from a CL final.

Conte took a Juve side who hadn’t won the league in nearly a decade, and were relegated, and won the league.

Pochettino took Espanyol in the bottom 3 and took them to midtable. Midtable again the following year. Fell out over no money leading to relegation fears.

Enhanced Southampton and took them to new heights. Took us to consistent CL football.

Mason won 4/6 league games, the villa game likely was affected by the news of Kane wanting out the day before. His subs were sh*t and needs experience and I don’t want him as our gaffer but I don’t want Potter either.

I am approaching this with Kane in mind. Potter coming in won’t challenge the board. He’ll be happy to accept the step up and work with what transfers we provide.

Conte will only accept us if there are assurances. Pochettino if he has self respect will do likewise. This is what we need. Someone who will challenge the board to push the boat out and get us to a point where Kane wants to stay. Potter comes in based off nothing more than xG and you can kiss goodbye to Kane in 12 months time
But we can't talk about who will challenge the board. Its the board making the call. If they don't want to be challenged then what? We crack the sads and be disrespectful of an intelligent football brain who will work under those conditions at our club?

Poch and Conte can keep Kane and are the ideal choices. But I don't believe we actually are in for them and its all a front to look like we have ambition. One will go to Madrid likely conte. While poch is a hard one to get out of Paris.

75m plus sales is a nice hand

Neves -35m
Aouar - 25m
Skriniar- 60m
Bring back foyth or take a crack at konsa
Donnarumma is 20m and wages.

Sell - dele, lucas, dier, lamela, gaz, doch, sanchez
125m'ish
Leaves us 50m for wages and perhaps another signing (decent harry back up or a right back)

Donna/lloris
Aurier/foyth
Toby/foyth
Skriniar/sanchez
Reg/sess
PEH/skipp
Neves/aouar
Bale/aouar
Ndombele/gio
Son/sess
Kane
11 plus a bench

Berg, rodon, cirkin, devine, scarlett, parrott, winks become depth players.

Mason won 4/6 league games, the villa game likely was affected by the news of Kane wanting out the day before. His subs were sh*t and needs experience and I don’t want him as our gaffer but I don’t want Potter either.

1) I never dismissed Ten Hag or Conte.

2) Your continual xG reference as being Potter’s only strong suit is absolutely dismissive of what he did in Sweden. Twice I have mentioned this. Twice you have ignored it, instead focusing on whatever allows you to denigrate him.

2) Your continual xG reference as being Potter’s only strong suit is absolutely dismissive of what he did in Sweden. Twice I have mentioned this. Twice you have ignored it, instead focusing on whatever allows you to denigrate him.
I've dismissed Ten Hag slightly. Saying he's well behind Conte and Poch and plays in a 2 horse race with the strongest horse. The PL is just littered with too many Dutch league flyers falling on their face in England

He got into Europe winning the Swedish cup while finishing midtable. A good achievement yes, something that can be used to get him a better gig? Yes. Which he has achieved at Brighton. Martinez won the FA Cup with relegated Wigan..

Taking a team from the 4th tier to midtable in the top flight is something Eddie Howe managed also. Should Martinez or Howe be considered?

He has done nothing to suggest he should get our vacant position. If he does I will back him and wish him to succeed but I am certainly sceptical and hardly enthused at the proposition.

He got into Europe winning the Swedish cup while finishing midtable. A good achievement yes, something that can be used to get him a better gig? Yes. Which he has achieved at Brighton. Martinez won the FA Cup with relegated Wigan..

Taking a team from the 4th tier to midtable in the top flight is something Eddie Howe managed also. Should Martinez or Howe be considered?

He has done nothing to suggest he should get our vacant position. If he does I will back him and wish him to succeed but I am certainly sceptical and hardly enthused at the proposition.

He’s done a shitload more than Ryan Mason, whom you admitted to preferring if that was the choice.🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ten Hag
Pros:
He gets his team playing some very exciting football. Works well with younger players as well as more experienced guys like Tadic and Blind to get them to gel into a winning side.

Cons:
He is used to having one of if not the best youth academy in the world feeding him players. We aren't there. Skipp is ready to be blooded. But the likes of Devine, Scarlett & Parrott are well short of what he is used to working at Ajax. Plus the Dutch league is a softer league to blood them into. Heck look at Bergwijn and Janssen for proof that it can be an easy league to look good in. Unless he brings the whole academy setup with him he might not be what we are

Struggling with the Con here. He would get the same academy that all other candidates would & his record of integration of youngsters is superior to other candidates. Not sure that coming from a club with an outstanding academy should be seen as a negative, if anything it should be a positive.

Ten Hag
Pros:
He gets his team playing some very exciting football. Works well with younger players as well as more experienced guys like Tadic and Blind to get them to gel into a winning side.

Cons:
He is used to having one of if not the best youth academy in the world feeding him players. We aren't there. Skipp is ready to be blooded. But the likes of Devine, Scarlett & Parrott are well short of what he is used to working at Ajax. Plus the Dutch league is a softer league to blood them into. Heck look at Bergwijn and Janssen for proof that it can be an easy league to look good in. Unless he brings the whole academy setup with him he might not be what we are

Struggling with the Con here. He would get the same academy that all other candidates would & his record of integration of youngsters is superior to other candidates. Not sure that coming from a club with an outstanding academy should be seen as a negative, if anything it should be a positive.
But he has little to do with their development. First team managers are the finishing touches of their development if they give them a go. He does that last bit well. But someone like Ten Haag isn't turning a Winks into Iniesta or Livermore into Busquets. That's all done before they reach the top. And our academy is a long way behind Ajax so he'll have less to finish off with. And in a tougher league to integrate them into it too.

So for me one of his biggest assets is very watered down with us which makes him the least appealing foreigner that we are currently linked with

Is there someone that will make Winks into Iniesta? This person should be clear favourite for the job. I fear only JC could complete this transformation.

The strength you just noted is a characteristic that I would hope we are seriously considering in applicants. I fear Levy will appoint someone reliant on funds they will not receive.

Is there someone that will make Winks into Iniesta? This person should be clear favourite for the job. I fear only JC could complete this transformation.

The strength you just noted is a characteristic that I would hope we are seriously considering in applicants. I fear Levy will appoint someone reliant on funds they will not receive.
I have less faith in our academy setup than you. I appreciate that TH would give kids a go. But its hard not to in Holland with the Ajax academy feeding you talent

I must say it would be a nice season to watch guys like White and Devine given games. Just don't think will get us top 4. But would prefer that to a manager that needs funds but doesn't get them like Mou was or Conte would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back