Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravenberch (Bergy) + Skriniar + Anderson (mostly paid for via Foyth) + Celik (Aurier)
Leaves ~30-40m to round up for Skriniar.

Lloris/Hart
Celik/Doherty
Skriniar/Tanganga
Anderson/Sanchez
Reg/Davies
PEH/Skipp
Gravenberch/Gio
Bale/??
Ndombele/Dele
Son/Sess
Kane/???

Rodon, Cirkin, Devine, White, Scarlett provide some depth
That's 25.
I think Poch said 27 is about the right size for a squad.
So another winger & forward would be handy. Or a winger/forward + mid for depth

Gravenberch (Bergy) + Skriniar + Anderson (mostly paid for via Foyth) + Celik (Aurier)
Leaves ~30-40m to round up for Skriniar.

Lloris/Hart
Celik/Doherty
Skriniar/Tanganga
Anderson/Sanchez
Reg/Davies
PEH/Skipp
Gravenberch/Gio
Bale/??
Ndombele/Dele
Son/Sess
Kane/???

Rodon, Cirkin, Devine, White, Scarlett provide some depth
That's 25.
I think Poch said 27 is about the right size for a squad.
So another winger & forward would be handy. Or a winger/forward + mid for depth
A page back Gold said we won't have money outside of those funded by player sales. Bergy would be 10m short for Gravenberch at least, Anderson 7m short from Foyth, Celik maybe 5m short with Aurier. Speaking of Aurier is PSG even likely to look at him with Hakimi going there?

A page back Gold said we won't have money outside of those funded by player sales. Bergy would be 10m short for Gravenberch at least, Anderson 7m short from Foyth, Celik maybe 5m short with Aurier. Speaking of Aurier is PSG even likely to look at him with Hakimi going there?
Milan is a potential.

we want 20 for bergy. Reckon thats about right for Gravenberch too. He's not De Jong, but i like the sound of him.
Haven't seen any links, so seems doubtful.

Celik ive seen valued at 11m. Aurier should cover it.
CCV will net us 2-3m on top of Foyth. so getting closer to Anderson :)

i also wonder how true the no cash thing is. setting expectations low?

That list cuts Lamela, Lucas, Winks & Dier.
gotta be at least 50-55m in there.

we should bite their hands off
they're offering 11 :p
Could be Bergy for Celik in the end.

i kinda want to see what he can be played on the left...unless Sess comes back as a winger.
Then we're just wasting him.
Celik was just listed at 15m wasnt he in that other story?

Isn't CCV out of contract? Or is that the compo we get even if he walks?
Buyout i think on CCV. Assuming Bournemouth keep him.
I think Celik was 15m euro/11m pounds.

Last edited:

It's happening.gif

Too much smoke now. 2 reputable publications and Fab all saying Conte with his right hand man as DoF... Hopefully Hitchen binned.

oh my.
Conte is good, but **** me Paratici is a bit of a coup too.
dare i say, exceeded my Galtier/Campos expectations.

oh my.
Conte is good, but **** me Paratici is a bit of a coup too.
dare i say, exceeded my Galtier/Campos expectations.
Brace yourself. Sit down if you must.

Going after the best manager available. ✅
Getting a DoF he’s worked with who is good. ✅
Ditching Hitchen ✅

and....

✅✅✅✅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brace yourself. Sit down if you must.

Going after the best manager available. ✅
Getting a DoF he’s worked with who is good. ✅
Ditching Hitchen ✅

and....

✅✅✅✅

Its mercury retrograde week ******* with Daniel Levy's natural instinct. More excited by hitchen going than conte joining

Get that campaigner Hitchen out of my club.

Bigger question will be what transfer money will Conte be afforded. He’s a brilliant manager but will expect a decent budget.

It would also almost certainly mean the end of Dele. Conte generally doesn’t play with a formation that suits his style.

So in all likelihood it will be that we can't find a buyer and we have another RB banished to the under 23s for another year
He should have been banished when he walked out on the team at HT.

Unforgivable.

For some reason that was swept aside due to people being u happy with Mou, and that Doherty is/was rubbish as a replacement.

Unless he turns around after the Euros and says he wants to come back I doubt Gareth is here again. Bloody Zidane!

I will always love what Bale did for us and thought he was very good for us this season. But if we get Conte I don't see him fitting in at all. Back in the day as an attacking LWB sure, but not anymore

Get that campaigner Hitchen out of my club.

Bigger question will be what transfer money will Conte be afforded. He’s a brilliant manager but will expect a decent budget.

It would also almost certainly mean the end of Dele. Conte generally doesn’t play with a formation that suits his style.
Yeah said in the other thread Dele and Ndombele I see really struggling under him. Might need to sell to buy and he has already identified 6-7 he would sell that should raise some funds.

I really doubt Conte and Paritici join without some sort of guarantee around transfers and budget. And if the guarantee isn't meant he could very well walk by Xmas. Levy really cant afford not to back this guy if he goes down this path. I know I said that with Mou, but to make the same mistake twice so quickly would really be next level

Hmm Paratici might just be an exotic version of Hitchen?
little harsh on the ronaldo signing.
equal best player in the world, coming off the back of a CL win, wants to join and gets it done.

be interesting to see how he finds things when we're not 1st choice for players the way Juve were.
Paritici links with De Ligt
Conte links with Skriniar

C'mon Lewis you tight old bastard, give us something :)

I am really torn on this:

1) The is no doubt that Conte is a world-class manager. But he doesn't play a system that suits N'dombele or Dele, two of our technically most gifted players. He is also going to demand a big bucket of funds which Levy will promise but ultimately not provide.

2) Anything that gets that waste of space Hitchen out of my club is welcome. The guy is a fraud of the highest order and needs to be f'ked right off.

3) I love the Poch. Trophies or no trophies I have never had as much fun watching a Spurs team. He is an elegant, classy human being who we could be proud of. Conte is more pragmatic with the media and certainly a more prickly, no-nonsense character. He's not Mourinho level a-hole but is not exactly blessed with a sense of humour.

Deep down, as great a manager as Conte is, I just cannot see how it works. He's the guy you bring in to finish the project, not to conduct the overhaul. Pochettino (or even Potter) are project managers which is what we need right now. We need Levy to back a guy for 4-5 years and the club to conduct a complete overhaul, even if it means pain for a couple of seasons. Conte will be in and out the door rather quickly if he doesn't win something or is not backed with funding to win something.

And a campaigner (Levy) doesn't change his spots.

I am really torn on this:

1) The is no doubt that Conte is a world-class manager. But he doesn't play a system that suits N'dombele or Dele, two of our technically most gifted players. He is also going to demand a big bucket of funds which Levy will promise but ultimately not provide.

2) Anything that gets that waste of space Hitchen out of my club is welcome. The guy is a fraud of the highest order and needs to be f'ked right off.

3) I love the Poch. Trophies or no trophies I have never had as much fun watching a Spurs team. He is an elegant, classy human being who we could be proud of. Conte is more pragmatic with the media and certainly a more prickly, no-nonsense character. He's not Mourinho level a-hole but is not exactly blessed with a sense of humour.

Deep down, as great a manager as Conte is, I just cannot see how it works. He's the guy you bring in to finish the project, not to conduct the overhaul. Pochettino (or even Potter) are project managers which is what we need right now. We need Levy to back a guy for 4-5 years and the club to conduct a complete overhaul, even if it means pain for a couple of seasons. Conte will be in and out the door rather quickly if he doesn't win something or is not backed with funding to win something.

And a campaigner (Levy) doesn't change his spots.
Conte isn't a fool either. He'd be signing on with some level of understanding between himself and Levy on what tools are made available to him over 4-5 years.

I think on Ndombele & Dele...they haven't delivered us much of late. If they unlock what we need, i won't be too sad to see them go.

If we go with a Conte system, it's like a 3-5-2
Son & Kane upfront makes perfect sense
Ndombele has the size and technical skill to play left side to him with someone like Neves to play the other side. Question will be his fitness. I think Dele's days a numbered tbh.
How he build a back 3 will be critical. He's long had quality in his teams there.

Conte wanted Ndombele at Inter. I think he can absolutely succeed in Conte's formation/tactics as part of central midfield duo with Hjobjerg.

Dele is a bit different. I agree he doesnt fit. If Conte plays two up front, then I dont see him as a starting player as Son and Kane as the preferred first choice. Even if Kane left, his replacement would get first preference.

If Conte play three up front (Conte's formation at Chelsea), I think Dele can play a wide forward role because Conte gives his wide forwards license to come inside, like Hazard did. If Bale stays, this will be the formation Conte uses. I still dont think Dele starts but he should get some game time, abit like how he used Sanchez at Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back