Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte wanted Ndombele at Inter. I think he can absolutely succeed in Conte's formation/tactics as part of central midfield duo with Hjobjerg.

Dele is a bit different. I agree he doesnt fit. If Conte plays two up front, then I dont see him as a starting player as Son and Kane as the preferred first choice. Even if Kane left, his replacement would get first preference.

If Conte play three up front (Conte's formation at Chelsea), I think Dele can play a wide forward role because Conte gives his wide forwards license to come inside, like Hazard did. If Bale stays, this will be the formation Conte uses. I still dont think Dele starts but he should get some game time, abit like how he used Sanchez at Inter.
Would be good to get an Inter or even Juve fans perspective on the player roles he tends to use in midfield/up front

I just went off his Inter side and didn't really see a languid dribbler style CM like Ndombele, perhaps why he wanted him. But they got on fine without that style of player.

This bloke won the premier league with Moses and bloody Alonso at wingback...
Are they really better than what we have??

Where we need to beef up is centrehalf. Playing 3 at the back usually means you need 5 options. Not 4.
Andersen and Skriniar are gettable if Conte wants them. We'll likely keep 2-3 that we have.

This bloke won the premier league with Moses and bloody Alonso at wingback...
Are they really better than what we have??

Where we need to beef up is centrehalf. Playing 3 at the back usually means you need 5 options. Not 4.
Andersen and Skriniar are gettable if Conte wants them. We'll likely keep 2-3 that we have.
Moses no. Alonso hate the guy but yes. He is exactly what Conte wanted.

LWB we are fine: Reguillon & Sessengon. Better than fine in fact.
RWB we are better than we are if we don't sign Conte: Doherty should be useful & sign one more.

CB we are light on: Toby, Dier, Rodon, Sanchez & Tanganga. Two in bold I don't think are good enough to stay even as squad options. And Toby should be no better than 4th choice. Might even be worth keeping Davies as a LCB backup and absolute worst case scenario at LWB in case there were injuries.

1: Skrinar
2: Andersen
3: Rodon
4: Toby
5: Tanganga
6: Davies

The other one I'd look at over Andersen but below Skrinar is Dehmiral from Juve if we get Paratici across. Instrumental in his move to Juve. Beast apparently.

No CL, best player wants to leave and no oil money owner yet they're still targeting the best manager available on the market whilst we put our tail between our legs and accept our falling into mediocrity.

We can all laugh about the lack of trophies but let's face it, Sp**s have at least tried to behave like a big club far more than us in the last 10 or so years.

From a gooner.

It is why I wanted Conte, to show ambition. Reckon I said to Bojan about 5 years ago we won't win until we start acting like a big club.

Absolutely how I feel. We still make errors, we're feeling our way, but we have definitely made the decision we no longer want to be what we have been in the past. A bottom half league club that snags some cups along the way. We want to join that top table. The hardest leap to make.

Conte may not work but if you set the bar low and fail it is embarrassing, set the bar high so that even if you fail you may still achieve something respectable.

RWB we are better than we are if we don't sign Conte: Doherty should be useful & sign one more.
Left field given at Chelsea his RWB was a winger. Moses.
Inter he used Candreva 19/20. Last season has some inversion with Hakimi on the right and Young/Perisic sometimes the LWB but not really defenders.

Bergwijn....

Guy from Talksport saying he’s heard it is done.

I’ve been following Oddschecker as it often gives a good read on what’s happening. Most of the UK betting outlets are no longer offering odds which tells me this is correct.

I’d expect an announcement in the next few hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reservations with conte was why would he want to work with us and levy over Madrid
He reportedly wasn’t considered. Carlo was their second choice with outlets overnight saying Perez tried to get Mourinho out of Roma.

My jaw dropped when we hired Mourinho. I was excited but had reservations.

However I feel more 'comfortable' with the idea of Conte.

Absolutely baseless but here we are!

Last edited:
He reportedly wasn’t considered. Carlo was their second choice with outlets overnight saying Perez tried to get Mourinho out of Roma.
Them being better was one half of the equation. Willing to work with levy and our constraints was the other. Still sceptical of that working smoothly but gotta trust Conte's smarts on this one

Them being better was one half of the equation. Willing to work with levy and our constraints was the other. Still sceptical of that working smoothly but gotta trust Conte's smarts on this one
That inner Carlton fan doesn’t die off does it. On the brink of a statement managerial appointment, a top coach in their prime. Busy overstating and over-worrying about pitfalls.

I am buzzing. Just buzzing.
Got a man a club of our stature deserves and didn’t tarnish Poch.

That inner Carlton fan doesn’t die off does it. On the brink of a statement managerial appointment, a top coach in their prime. Busy overstating and over-worrying about pitfalls.

The pitfalls are there clear as day to see. Conte and Levy doesn't appear to be a match made in heaven at all. But I'm willing to give levy a second chance at going all in on a manager who demands money and success, two things I want from us more than anything

My jaw dropped when we hired Mourinho. I was excited but had reservations.

However I feel more 'comfortable' with the idea of Conte.

Absolutely baseless but here we are!

For me, whilst not entirely convinced it's the correct appointment right now, I think the difference is twofold:

1) Conte is not a prick. He's prickly, but not a prick. Mourinho, as a human being is a complete campaigner.

2) Conte is unlikely to leave the club in disarray. Mourinho leaves every club he ever touches as a basket case.

Conte is also a magnificent manager. This is evident when he is given the right tools. I'll be interested to see how he goes on the scraps that Levy will give him (no doubt despite promises to the contrary). It's already started with this story that Levy is only allowing Conte four of his own appointments. That's a typical Levy, s**t way to start a new relationship, if true.

Mourinho was always going to fail. Covid or no Covid. Cash or no cash he was a truly diabolical appointment for a club of our profile. I said this from day one. Conte, I just don't know. It could go either way but it's certainly a speculation I am looking forward to rolling with.

It also gives some clear air and more time should Pochettino come back in the future which I think is highly likely. I believe he will return after Conte in fact.

He's probably the best manager in the world.

Do you have faith that Levy will back him? Like, properly back him?

Conte is in his prime as a manager Mou was past it.

But yeah I'm not expecting miracles. Maybe a top 4 challenge and fighting in the cups

i think that will be seen, but the commercial argument is there

Levy & ENIC aren't exactly loved by the fans.
The club has become fairly dour to watch
If you lose Kane, you lose the star attraction in the squad
Even with Kane, we've never delivered anything.

Just how do you sell that to
a) punters you want through the gates of the shiny new stadium
b) anyone wanting to put their name on the stadium.

Perhaps this is one time where they know they need to build something for the money to come in.
Perhaps.

Maybe i'm up for being duped again, or it was the lack of hope i had as an Essendon fan that was misplaced despair, but i reckon Conte breaks our league drought in the next 2-3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back