Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to get another attacking option (admittedly haven't seen much of him). I think a loan for Gil would do a world of good too.

Porro would be massive. Maybe loan Spence if we aren't going to play him.

If we then snuck a CB in that'd be ideal and I'd be pretty happy. Not sure if we get someone good enough in Jan.

I think we'll ride the Lloris rollercoaster till next window. Could see us targeting Pickford if Everton go down.

Good to get another attacking option (admittedly haven't seen much of him). I think a loan for Gil would do a world of good too.

Porro would be massive. Maybe loan Spence if we aren't going to play him.

If we then snuck a CB in that'd be ideal and I'd be pretty happy. Not sure if we get someone good enough in Jan.

I think we'll ride the Lloris rollercoaster till next window. Could see us targeting Pickford if Everton go down.
I agree a loan will probably help Gil but I'm actually starting to think we still need him a RW/Kulu cover.

Also with 9 on the bench a good mix would mean there's 3 attacking options on the bench.

Kane, Son, Kulu, Richarlison, Danjuma and ???

Probably has to be Gil with Lucas having a long term injury, no contract beyond June, and no ability go pick a pass.

Assuming conte sticks with the 343, post jan line-up looking like;
Lloris
Romero - dier - lenglet
Porro - pierre - bentancur - perisic
Kulu - kane - son
Richy - danjuma - skipp - bissouma - davies - forster - ?

Kinda feel that last spot might be good for royal in a more attacking/less defensive role.

Assuming conte sticks with the 343, post jan line-up looking like;
Lloris
Romero - dier - lenglet
Porro - pierre - bentancur - perisic
Kulu - kane - son
Richy - danjuma - skipp - bissouma - davies - forster - ?

Kinda feel that last spot might be good for royal in a more attacking/less defensive role.
Will he make Porro take his time getting used to the system?

Bench of 9 so two more spots. One will be a wingback for sure. The other possibly Gil or a replacement attacker to fill the Lucas void. If Danjuma coming in allows for Gil to go out I still think we need 1 more attacking option off the bench or in the squad. Can't afford to have the situation where 1 of Kane, Son, Kulu or Richarlison gets injured and our 9 man bench has just 1 attacking option on it. Or heaven forbid we cop 2 injuries and Conte has no options off the bench, or we still have just the 1 and reverts to a 352.

Will he make Porro take his time getting used to the system?

Bench of 9 so two more spots. One will be a wingback for sure. The other possibly Gil or a replacement attacker to fill the Lucas void. If Danjuma coming in allows for Gil to go out I still think we need 1 more attacking option off the bench or in the squad. Can't afford to have the situation where 1 of Kane, Son, Kulu or Richarlison gets injured and our 9 man bench has just 1 attacking option on it. Or heaven forbid we cop 2 injuries and Conte has no options off the bench, or we still have just the 1 and reverts to a 352.
Still not used to 9 on the bench.
If we lost one of the 4, id be pushing perisic forward. So sess, royal and ?

Cant see us buying a defender or the mid we want/need this window.

Feels like zaniolo isnt on the radar anymore.

Still not used to 9 on the bench.
If we lost one of the 4, id be pushing perisic forward. So sess, royal and ?

Cant see us buying a defender or the mid we want/need this window.

Feels like zaniolo isnt on the radar anymore.
Gordon now being re linked. There's been a bit of talk of it being Danjuma plus one more if Gil goes out. If it is someone who comes in, it would be good for it to be a left footed creative type.

We've got enough right footers who play on the left and are more goal scorers than creators

Gordon now being re linked. There's been a bit of talk of it being Danjuma plus one more if Gil goes out. If it is someone who comes in, it would be good for it to be a left footed creative type.

We've got enough right footers who play on the left and are more goal scorers than creators
One im loving, and maybe cos my turkish mates keep sending me highlights, is arda guler.

Cant quite tell which foot he prefers but he moves well, controls the ball like a freak and has a lot of spark....super young but the turkish league isnt short on physicality. So prem shouldnt be a bad fit.

One im loving, and maybe cos my turkish mates keep sending me highlights, is arda guler.

Cant quite tell which foot he prefers but he moves well, controls the ball like a freak and has a lot of spark....super young but the turkish league isnt short on physicality. So prem shouldnt be a bad fit.
Heard good things about Guler too. And there were links in the past. Maddison popping up again now.

Turns out Lucas is fit again. Conte made it sound like he could be out for months. I guess with him going on a free we could just look at a replacement for the summer. Still leaves us with more goal scorer types than goal creators in that attack (Kane, Son, Danjuma, Lucas & Richarlson scorers vs. Kane & Kulu creators)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see porro land.
Danjuma could be something. Perhaps solid chadli type?

Chances of hincapie or some left sided defender now?

Son - kane - kulu
Perisic - pierre - bentancur - porro
Hincapie
- dier - romero
Lloris

Looks a lot better

Tottenham's emerging talent manager Chris Perkins has left the club, football.london understands.

Perkins made a name for himself during five years as head of academy recruitment at Derby, with a high percentage of first team players coming through the club's youth set-up, before he made the move to Everton in 2020.

Just a year later and after beginning an appraisal of Tottenham's scouting network for first team and academy players, the club's managing director of football Fabio Paratici and then technical performance director Steve Hitchen brought in Perkins to identify the best young talent from the 17 to 21 age bracket to bring into the club's academy.

Perkins assembled a team of emerging talent scouts and among their academy moves they brought in talented teenage striker Will Lankshear from Sheffield United in a deal that could eventually be worth £2m. The 17-year-old has four goals in four appearances for the club's U18s and has already stepped up to the U21s.

Another forward is expected to join Spurs' academy this week as the club look to bolster that depleted area of their U18s and U21s.

However, that move will take place without Perkins as football.london understands that he left Spurs last month after the club's structure continued to change around him and he now has a number of clubs chasing his services.

It is yet to be decided whether Perkins' role will be absorbed into the current structure, with chief scout Leonardo Gabbanini currently having staff that are involved in youth recruitment, or whether the academy scouting department will again be restructured.

With Paratici's future unclear after his 30 month ban by the Italian football federation, and the club bracing themselves for UEFA and FIFA potentially extending the suspension, there could be more changes to come at Tottenham in the months ahead.

(Football London - Alasdair Gold)

Yet Eric Dier still isn’t ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His youth football was in Portugal.

The Davies argument is much more concrete, while at a Welsh club it is at one in the English pyramid.

Not sure who listens to what but The Tottenham Way podcast has been rebooted as of a few days ago.

Used to be one of my favourites until it ended in 2018 (with the exception of some Christmas and COVID lockdown specials).

New line up (at least for the first episode) includes Dan Kilpatrick (Evening Standard), Tom Allnutt (Times), Tom Barclays (Sun...) and now hosted by Marcus Buckland.

What do people generally listen to?

I generally try to catch The Extra Inch and/or A View From The Lane (The Athletic) as my "tier 1" with Gold and Guest a 'sometimes' listen as Al Gold actually annoys me.

Oh What A Night used to be thoroughly enjoyable but is now so sporadic, not as many views/opinions and their audio quality sounds like they record in a random cafe or plaza.

Also used to enjoy The Spurs Show but now only listen for the special guests.

Last edited:
Also I am sure we can all agree that Last Word on Spurs is absolute drivel. Never been able to get into Fighting utensil or Cheese Room either. To me sounds like such a boys club and hate the inside jokes or toilet humour.

Any other recommendations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back