Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in CL, we need someone who has been there and done that

Similar situation to Arry picking up Gallas 6 years ago, but we are fine down back, it's in midfield where we most need extra experience/depth
We are on the same page. Don't worry.
Don't think Poch is though. Likes youth. So as a compromise I'd be happy with a more proven younger player.

Youri Tilemans vs Winks for 4th choice?

Poch and I would rather the guy he was worked with for 24 months

Same goes for Coric vs Onomah

Central midfield isn't exactly the hardest place to come straight in and slot in, like centre back, see Dembele and Alderweireld for example, looks like Wanyama is already fitting in well too

Takes a long time for the front 4 to gel however, we've seen this with Lamela for example, hopefully Son improves too but there's more to the role of a front 4 player at Spurs than there is at other teams, Poch expects them to press opposition defenders and track back, then they're expected to create/interchange etc also, it's a physically demanding position

He won't be 4th choice for the first month though

Any injuries come and he's a potential starter :eek:
And he deserves at least to be 4th choice after pre season. Handled the Juve and atletico games better than anyone else.

Put it this way. Poch was confident in mason and bentaleb to start in the PL with less time under him and less quality performances. Same too with dier. So I don't see any reason why he'd be asking for a signing to stifle a young talent we've already got

And he deserves at least to be 4th choice after pre season. Handled the Juve and atletico games better than anyone else.

Put it this way. Poch was confident in mason and bentaleb to start in the PL with less time under him and less quality performances. Same too with dier. So I don't see any reason why he'd be asking for a signing to stifle a young talent we've already got
Bentaleb perhaps yes, but he already got a leg up from Sherwood previously for half a season

Mason no, he was much older and had multiple loans before he got his chance, Dier was used by Poch all 2014-15 as a defender also, it was a role change in a position he played previously at Sporting CP and nothing more than that

Winks is a far different case to these 3 imo, he's much more inexperienced

Winks is going into this season as a more accomplished CM than Dier was DM this time last year.

Would say he is at that level Kane was at before being given his chance by Poch.

If we are going to sell Bentaleb, Mason and/or Carroll then we need to bolster that position. Regardless of Winks' position in the squad.

Dier, Dembele, Wanyama, Winks and one of the other 3 is light on.

Especially given Dembele averages missing 11 league games a season, mostly through injury.

If they're sold I'd like another CM in the door. If they're not then what is Poch smoking? 2 aren't good enough and the 3rd is rumoured to be out the door for attitude reasons.

Bit more has come out about Mitchell.

Apparently he was annoyed we never signed Batsuyahi who signed for Chelsea on 125k per week, a contract that would put him about 40k a week better than our best players. Yeah because we are really going to spend that on a backup to Harry Kane...

Also annoyed we aren't trying harder to sign Boufal who is currently out with a serious knee injured which he picked up in March.

Now if that is what he is walking over then good riddance really. This is a guy who has so far brought us N'Jie, Son & Wimmer. The first 2 have barely made an impact and joined for over 30m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you read that? I'd take it with a bit of salt if I were you.

Let's just say he never had these problems at Southampton and now all of a sudden, he's a problem? Seems odd.
Evening standard. At southampton he had les reed handle a lot more of the negotiating and he was more a talent identifier. Took on more responsibility with us with talent identifying left to rob mackenzie. Seems like there's too much double on across the two roles and mackenzie & mitchell weren't working well together.

Whereas I've read that it's because Poch's contract renewal had a change from 'Head Coach' to 'Manager' which has seen Mitchell become the 3rd wheel. With Poch and Levy doing most of the dealings.

So he's quit as he's now largely redundant. McKenzie has also quit because he has nothing to now aspire to as his direct superior, Mitchell, now has no real role.

With Poch and Levy doing most of the dealings.
It's a chick from the board who handles transfer negotiations not Levy.

Not against Poch being more involved in the player signings. It's his head on the chopping block every weekend so would be good for him to have a larger input in the signings

It's a chick from the board who handles transfer negotiations not Levy.

Not against Poch being more involved in the player signings. It's his head on the chopping block every weekend so would be good for him to have a larger input in the signings

Either way the point still stands. Poch now has greater influence in spotting and scouting players whilst Mitchell isn't negotiating deals. So why should he stay? He's not exactly highly useful any longer is he and McKenzie has no upwards trajectory anymore so it appears as though Poch has effectively made us a no DoF club.

Also everyone assumes he's Poch's main man. He was at Soton before Poch and when he came here Poch's words were "I had nothing to do with signing Mitchell" not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Poch has effectively made us a no DoF club.
Not neccessarily. These 2 will be replaced by 1 person which is a better use of resources. Would also like to hope Poch has a far greater say on who this person is with his manager title giving him more off field responsibility in these decisions.

I've always thought that the manager should decide on his Assistant Manager, Director of Football / Head of Recruitment, 1-2 senior coaches.

the game will replayed on Spurs TV on sunday right ?
The game is scheduled to be replayed on FoxSports at 3pm Sunday Afternoon.

Also looks like Super Jan may be fit to play. I see a couple on the board have tipped Janssen for the transfer flop.
Would love him to prove them wrong. Chance that we may not need him much though.

Christian Eriksen is a joke. Disappeared in several important games last season and is continuing that form now. All too happy to collect the ball and play the easy back/sideways pass rather than try to create something, but spins out of trouble every now and then as if to remind everyone he has technical ability. 150k a week he wants? What a laugh. At least Lamela tries to play more ambitious balls when he can.

Playing Vertonghen after his injury layoff is looking like a terrible decision. Looks miles off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back