Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read in a couple of articles that Poch isn't as big a fan of Barkley than is being reported so that deal is increasingly unlikely.
That was never going to happen. Barkley seems to be struggling with a task master type manager currently so there's questions about his mentality. Media just putting 2 and 2 together with him because he is young and English

No wonder Chelski could barely get into their groove. Masterclass of break up play.

A really noticeable thing about all the Poch signing's that work is that they both work hard and embrace the Spurs system.

The so - so guys are one or the other, the ones who falter seem to not achieve either.

Wanyama, Alderweireld, Dier.

Looking back at our Bale signing spree, we really did * up an opportunity to entrench ourself in the top 4 with that bailout of pathetic signings. Only Erikksen and Lamela remain. The rest? wtf were we thinking..

Going to bed. That first half was turgid enough to not bother with the 2nd half.
If we wish to play 3 at the back we need a different full back than Davies on the left. Rodriguez from Wolfsburg would be better.

I've decided who our most important player is, Christian Eriksen. No one else has the creativity that he does and it's showing tonight.
I'm losing the will to defend Janssen, needs to spend less time holding the ball up from 35 yards and more time in the box. Has also given the ball away every time tonight too.

Going to bed. That first half was turgid enough to not bother with the 2nd half.
If we wish to play 3 at the back we need a different full back than Davies on the left. Rodriguez from Wolfsburg would be better.

I've decided who our most important player is, Christian Eriksen. No one else has the creativity that he does and it's showing tonight.
I'm losing the will to defend Janssen, needs to spend less time holding the ball up from 35 yards and more time in the box. Has also given the ball away every time tonight too.
It's just one half, as s**t as it was. Hopefully some subs are made

Pretty much agree with every single word of this, DG. :thumbsu:

In the three at the back system I think Davies would be better as the left-sided CB, like he does for Wales. I don't mind him playing full-back in a back 4 but he's not suited to the wing back role imo. Scored a cracking header though.

I was tempted to go to bed after the first half. It was probably the most boring half of footballer I've ever seen. Definitely not one for the purists! The second half was better, but we could have easily gone 1 down if not for some excellent defending from CCV then Toby. A really nice cameo from GKN as well. Hopefully that leads to some increased time off the bench in the PL as he offers us a point of difference. No one else in the first team has the same skill set as him.

You're also right on Eriksen. Through his absence he showed us just how important he is. No one in our team, and close to no one in the league, can play his role as well as he does. He may not be as eye catching as the likes of Coutinho, Payet and De Bruyne, but in terms of running our entire game and creating chances he is pure genius. Sees everything about two or three steps ahead of everyone else.

Thought Winks and CCV were excellent as well. Our two best players this morning imo. Winks has that ability to drive us forward while also being progressive in his passing range and diligent in his defensive duties. Doesn't mind putting his foot in either. He's a special talent. CCV was dominant in the air, which is impressive given that he's relatively short as far as CB's go. Apparently won as many headers as the entire Villa team. He looks to have really smart defensive instincts.

I defended Janssen earlier in the season and I can still see some promise in some of the things he does, but honestly, Hugo is looking more likely to score in open play than him at the moment. His positioning looks terrible; I'm not sure if it's because he's low on confidence or that he just lacks a basic strikers nous. Hopefully it's just the former. But he doesn't look anywhere near it at the moment. I'd prefer to play Son up top than him.

Disagree with you on Defoe though jd2010. I don't think he'd be right for us at all. He's a good striker of the ball and smart in the box, but offers basically nothing in terms of his all round play. He would be awful in the press as well. I think the strikers in Pochettino's system need to be able to do more than just put the ball in the net. His age really doesn't fit with our transfer policy and what we're building either.

Defoe would do the job that I think we struggle with against lesser sides and that's conjure something out of nothing.

Would he be more likely to score off the bench against WBA than Janssen or Son alongside Harry Kane? I think so

I was scolded as writing the bloke off to soon but Janssen really looks like championship level striker. A young Bobby Zamora, Rudy Gestede or Dave Kitson. He may have a season in him where it all clicks and he hits 15-20 goals but his norm is just short of PL quality.

Lol Janssen was complete gash. I think I'm also done with him now. He's clueless, runs about like a knob and has the touch of a rapist. I think the problem is when you try and sign a back-up, you leave yourself open to signing a complete dud. In a way we need to sign a player who can compete for Kane's place, as unlikely as that may be.

We definitely need to recruit a striker this window because if Kane does go down we are farrrrrked

Lol Janssen was complete gash. I think I'm also done with him now. He's clueless, runs about like a knob and has the touch of a rapist. I think the problem is when you try and sign a back-up, you leave yourself open to signing a complete dud. In a way we need to sign a player who can compete for Kane's place, as unlikely as that may be.

We definitely need to recruit a striker this window because if Kane does go down we are farrrrrked
Welcome to the dark side lol

We should have got Dembele from Fulham (now at Celtic) last January. Bit us in the ass them wanting him on loan for the rest of the season. Surely there's a young striker out there who can be an able back up. Or an experienced striker who is capable of 10-15 PL goals a season. * id even have a go at Brentford's Scott Hogan before Janssen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumped on Twitter and that WindyCOYS couldn't see how we wouldn't win today. Even picked 2-0. Pretty level headed guy who posts some good tactical stuff as well as his youth stuff
I used to rate him, but now he has massive tickets on himself imo

He used to follow people, myself included, then he somehow got lit up with a blue tick and went on a massive Twitter cull

Still just a blogger imo

Suggests we should be better than 3rd on the table.
Of course

Need to start converting draws into wins though, right now we are playing well because we have no travel/Europe but once that starts again then I'd expect inconsistency again.

Need to beat teams like Liverpool, West Brom and Everton though, we always seem to drop 3-5 points off them a season, getting 9 would be great and consolidate on the usual catch up we do around Xmas every year (then it falls to s**t in March/April with EL).

I used to rate him, but now he has massive tickets on himself imo

He used to follow people, myself included, then he somehow got lit up with a blue tick and went on a massive Twitter cull

Still just a blogger imo
Wow really?

Every time I've listened to him on the podcast or interacted with him through twitter or on SpursCommunity where he has an account he's always come across as humble, knowledgeable and happy to have a discussion with anyone.

Welcome to the dark side lol

We should have got Dembele from Fulham (now at Celtic) last January. Bit us in the ass them wanting him on loan for the rest of the season. Surely there's a young striker out there who can be an able back up. Or an experienced striker who is capable of 10-15 PL goals a season. **** id even have a go at Brentford's Scott Hogan before Janssen!
I wouldn't say I'm full dark side yet when it comes to Janssen because I can still see promise in some of the things he does, but I have to admit that I'm getting close.

That's not to say that I'm writing him off for the future; there are plenty of examples of players looking as poor as him who come good, but I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't going to offer anything this season in our attempts to finish as high as possible/win a cup. I wouldn't mind us bringing in another striker this window, but I doubt it will happen. If Harry gets injured again or loses form due to teh birth of his child I would rather see Son up top than Janssen.

Wow really?

Every time I've listened to him on the podcast or interacted with him through twitter or on SpursCommunity where he has an account he's always come across as humble, knowledgeable and happy to have a discussion with anyone.
Dunno man

He used to tweet back regularly, doesn't have time for many now since about 2014 except ITK types. Showing signs of what Spooky did so I unfollowed Spooky a while back. I still follow Windy but I might only tweet him once every 6 months now.

A bloke called Paul O'Keefe is a top Spurs Twitter personality however, follows back and tries to reply to most tweets (blokes TF goes nuts though)

Article from former scout on how we signed Toby

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ng-face-of-scouting-signing-toby-alderweireld

"When I was at Tottenham Hotspur we assessed a number of prospective central defensive partners for Jan Vertonghen, but it soon became apparent that the stand-out candidate was Toby Alderweireld.

"He is an interesting case study because his statistical performance profile wasn't necessarily that significant but there were key themes associated with him that meant he was a really good fit."

Interesting that they looked at 6 key areas also. Damn interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back