Bishop's 2016 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Signorello is the other one that I've been thinking could be around late from the Knights. Inside midfielder with incredibly good hands and contested ball winning ability. Reminds me a little bit of Libba.

He's another one I've been watching closely, seen him in the same games as Murphy (NK & School footy). Doesn't kick often though, lots of handballing. Gets a big chunk of contested ball and majority of the time he clears it through hands rather than kicking.

Interesting to know who they are, it's interesting that nobody has the same consensus this year- compared to most years it's pretty obvious who will relatively go where.

The main name that I've not seen a heap talked about is Villis, I'm going to rewatch some vision of this kid and see if my first set of thoughts are correct. When I noticed you had placed him high, it gives you a little more confidence in your call.
I know we should back our own judgment, but it is often hard to rate someone high when nobody else sees it the same way.

There are a few more names that I don't mind, but having a look at some of the other draft boards, it seems they're moving up the rankings anyway.

I always look for a few key names for some reason.

Macreadie
Sproule
Logue
Taranto
Gallucci - I have a love hate relationship with this selection. Drifts anywhere from 10-25
Bunker
Piper
Pitman
Stengle - I think you either don't rate this kid or completely forgot about him.
Florent

The main name that I've not seen a heap talked about is Villis, I'm going to rewatch some vision of this kid and see if my first set of thoughts are correct. When I noticed you had placed him high, it gives you a little more confidence in your call.
I know we should back our own judgment, but it is often hard to rate someone high when nobody else sees it the same way.

There are a few more names that I don't mind, but having a look at some of the other draft boards, it seems they're moving up the rankings anyway.

I always look for a few key names for some reason.

Macreadie
Sproule
Logue
Taranto
Gallucci - I have a love hate relationship with this selection. Drifts anywhere from 10-25
Bunker
Piper
Pitman
Stengle - I think you either don't rate this kid or completely forgot about him.
Florent

Not a big Stengle fan. He's in my list for possible 'rookies'

Villis I'm a huge fan of, great ball use on either side of the body. Was very good in the champs.

I like your latest rankings, lots of my favourite names in there. Nice to see Villis and Logue so high, same with the likes of Florent and Guelfi. Other than the omission of Brennan Cox, seems like you have a better handle on the South Australians than others.

I like your latest rankings, lots of my favourite names in there. Nice to see Villis and Logue so high, same with the likes of Florent and Guelfi. Other than the omission of Brennan Cox, seems like you have a better handle on the South Australians than others.

Both Villis and Logue impressed me throughout the carnival.

I'm not a huge fan of Cox, but that's my own opinion. His numbers looked good but Kick to Handball ratio a big out of whack. Have a few other KPD ahead of him.

Terrific read Bishop
Kerr at #21 has risen up the rankings.

Had him at #18 to start the season and then he moved down a bit due to a slow start at TAC Cup (was good at School footy mind you) + the Div II champs putting other players up. Definitely think he is a chance to get to the first round.

Where do you think Jimmy Miller from south freo will go ?

He missed the champs but back on the weekend played CHF had 20 odd kicked two goals.

Can do some pretty special things, lot of recruiters rate him highly.

Where do you think Jimmy Miller from south freo will go ?

He missed the champs but back on the weekend played CHF had 20 odd kicked two goals.

Can do some pretty special things, lot of recruiters rate him highly.

Don't have him anywhere as I've never seen him play. I don't include players I've never seen otherwise I'd just be making stuff up/lying about a player & misinforming others. :thumbsu:

Post 2: Power Rankings

Bishop Power Rankings #3 as of July 7th
PhFv7fu.png

osXirg5.png

Strong attempt at a top 70.

Instant respect with the Perryman at 4. He could be the best player in this draft. Like some of the variation in ranking.

There will be lots of variation on draft boards this year and it will be interesting to see at seasons end where we all rate these guys.

Strong attempt at a top 70.

Instant respect with the Perryman at 4. He could be the best player in this draft. Like some of the variation in ranking.

There will be lots of variation on draft boards this year and it will be interesting to see at seasons end where we all rate these guys.

Big fan of Perryman- everyone very split this year making it interesting...

Both Villis and Logue impressed me throughout the carnival.

I'm not a huge fan of Cox, but that's my own opinion. His numbers looked good but Kick to Handball ratio a big out of whack. Have a few other KPD ahead of him.
Brennan Cox had a big game on the weekend for the WWT Reserves in the SANFL as did indigenous small forward Tyson Stengle both booting 4 Goals.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/results/

NORTH ADELAIDE
Goal Kickers: N. Dinham 4, B. Jarman 2, B. Helyar 2, M. Quinn, J. Hayes, S. Gordon
Best Players: J. Shannon, N. Dinham, C. Davey, K. Santillo, W. Patterson
EAGLES
Goal Kickers: B. Cox 4, T. Stengle 4, J. Press 4, J. Hayes 2, J. Westbrook, N. Yarran, N. Batley, G. Ellis
Best Players: J. Hayes, N. Batley, B. Cox, A. McPherson, J. Elsworthy, J. Press

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan Cox had a big game on the weekend for the WWT Reserves in the SANFL as did indigenous small forward Tyson Stengle both booting 4 Goals.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/results/

NORTH ADELAIDE
Goal Kickers: N. Dinham 4, B. Jarman 2, B. Helyar 2, M. Quinn, J. Hayes, S. Gordon
Best Players: J. Shannon, N. Dinham, C. Davey, K. Santillo, W. Patterson
EAGLES
Goal Kickers: B. Cox 4, T. Stengle 4, J. Press 4, J. Hayes 2, J. Westbrook, N. Yarran, N. Batley, G. Ellis
Best Players: J. Hayes, N. Batley, B. Cox, A. McPherson, J. Elsworthy, J. Press

Yep that's fine- everyone has good games here and there- Just because Dylan Clarke had big numbers in the TAC Cup yesterday doesn't mean he's going to go high. I'll rate blokes on how I see them & at this stage neither are in my thoughts heavily.

Which in turn will make draft night a must see.

As long as they fix the format up- Last year it was pretty dull and slow, making it boring. Things will slowly open up, you'll know the first round as usual in the lead up.

Yep that's fine- everyone has good games here and there- Just because Dylan Clarke had big numbers in the TAC Cup yesterday doesn't mean he's going to go high. I'll rate blokes on how I see them & at this stage neither are in my thoughts heavily.

As long as they fix the format up- Last year it was pretty dull and slow, making it boring. Things will slowly open up, you'll know the first round as usual in the lead up.

Yeah last year was terrible with Gil walking on and off stage all night.
If he's going to be the one reading out the names again, at least get him seated like they do at the Brownlow.

Yeah last year was terrible with Gil walking on and off stage all night.
If he's going to be the one reading out the names again, at least get him seated like they do at the Brownlow.

I'm still old school, I liked the recruiting managers getting their 5 minutes of fame calling out Player 219470232 Player Name, Club name, Local Footy Club.

I'm still old school, I liked the recruiting managers getting their 5 minutes of fame calling out Player 219470232 Player Name, Club name, Local Footy Club.

Yeah me too. Hopefully the AFL go back to this format for 2016.

Further to this, bring it back to Channel 10, have it at the Dome on a Saturday morning in November and have the recruiters breeze through the first round.

Further to this, bring it back to Channel 10, have it at the Dome on a Saturday morning in November and have the recruiters breeze through the first round.
I'm for the new but with a legend of that club calling out the clubs first pick would love to see Black calling out a SPS or McCluggage name than Leppitsch it would have worked so well with Brown and Schache last year

Hi bishop, who could you see St kilda drafting and why? Cheerd

I think it'll ultimately depend on who is available at their pick. I think a good ball user such as Andy McGrath would be one of their early options- but it wouldn't surprise me to see him off the board by their pick.

Jack Scrimshaw would be my next choice, if he can stay injury free he'll be Top 10 in my view. He's another good ball user (wasn't flash on Saturday mind you) but I think he'd provide something a bit different across half back and I reckon he can push onto a wing. Can mark the ball and is a reasonably good decision maker.

Forward of centre, I'd say Taranto would be my next get. But I think he falls a bit later than the top 10

Have updated the first two rounds of a Phantom Draft of sorts. Will add more detail & depth to it over the next week or so + add in the remaining few rounds.

Have no insights to what clubs are thinking and no club would know who they are taking at the moment so it's all pure speculation! Feel free to prompt me with any questions etc :thumbsu:

Have updated the first two rounds of a Phantom Draft of sorts. Will add more detail & depth to it over the next week or so + add in the remaining few rounds.

Have no insights to what clubs are thinking and no club would know who they are taking at the moment so it's all pure speculation! Feel free to prompt me with any questions etc :thumbsu:
Interesting you have griffen logue as the eagles selection. We have a great kpd stocks and currently have the issue of fitting mackenze and barrass into one team. Barrass just looks too good for wafl. Logue just seems like a kid that is ready to play afl already. What we need is inside mids. We might end up taking a kpd latet in the draft and put a few years of development into him like we did with barrass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back