Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bit of a chat with big Harry at a club function this morning, FWIW he says “no worrries” re playing Rd 1. BTW, Sam Philp is a ripping lad

Harry looks like the kind of lad who would answer 'no worries' to about 95% of questions....

AFLs Riley Beveridge has an update on our injury list, which I will extrapolate to weeks...

Fisher - soreness - available
Martin - soreness - available

Weitering - quad - test
Kreuzer - heart - test
Marchbank - load management - test
Macreadie - load management - test
SPS - quad - 1-2 weeks
McGovern - soreness - 1-2 weeks
McKay - groin - 2-3 weeks
Curnow - knee - indefinite
Kemp - knee - indefinite

Misery all over the place- again.

Not many, unfortunately, which is why it is very difficult to buy into the notion that he'll be available for round 1.

If so, he'd be restricted to goal square duties.
We need 80% of our list doing 80% of preseason. By that list the only players that haven’t done that are:
Mckay
Marchbank
Kemp
Macreadie
Curnow

I’m happy with that.

We need 80% of our list doing 80% of preseason. By that list the only players that haven’t done that are:
Mckay
Marchbank
Kemp
Macreadie
Curnow

I’m happy with that.
Russell spoke when at the Hawks that the only real number the he used to forecast was the number of people who have not done 60% of pre-season. If it was more than 4 that fell into this category then the Hawks has a challenging year.

Russell spoke when at the Hawks that the only real number the he used to forecast was the number of people who have not done 60% of pre-season. If it was more than 4 that fell into this category then the Hawks has a challenging year.

Well the only best 22 players for us that might fit into that category are McKay, Charlie & Marchbank so we're in reasonable shape.

Great thing is that with our forward depth now is that even if McKay missed the first few rounds with Charlie, i'd be reasonably confident Cas/Gov/JSOS/Kennedy can get it done alongside Eddie & Martin.

Hey,

I noticed on here that its being reported that Weitering is a quad. I was actually told it was his hip, they are not concerned but thought it was interesting.

Apparently moved the wrong way during the practice match and felt it.

And I am still told Harry is right for round 1 but I have nothing more to add.

Cheers

Edit: Just saw there was an article mentioning the hip, disregard my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey,

I noticed on here that its being reported that Weitering is a quad. I was actually told it was his hip, they are not concerned but thought it was interesting.

Apparently moved the wrong way during the practice match and felt it.

And I am still told Harry is right for round 1 but I have nothing more to add.

Cheers

Edit: Just saw there was an article mentioning the hip, disregard my post.
Might be a touch robotic, hardly a quad......

Failing that, please provide us with one of your unofficial injury reports.....?

I have no information, no data, no observations, nothing...

Which means I am in a great position to provide an informed opinion!

Everyone is healthy, Curnow in for round 1, * Richmond.

"Carlton defender Jacob Weitering is unlikely to face Fremantle, having trained away from the main group in wet conditions on Wednesday morning as he recovers from an adductor strain sustained in the early stages of Thursday's practice match against Collingwood."

Thought so, the vision seemed fairly clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Carlton defender Jacob Weitering is unlikely to face Fremantle, having trained away from the main group in wet conditions on Wednesday morning as he recovers from an adductor strain sustained in the early stages of Thursday's practice match against Collingwood."

Thought so, the vision seemed fairly clear.
Same article states Kruezer, Martin and Fisher should be good to go against Freo. SPS touch and go

Might just being a nervous nellie but reading between the lines with the Barker interview...I'm not penciling in Mitch or Harry for Round 1

Based on windows' observations from training today, it would seem that both are being primed for round 1. More likely than unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back