Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little surprised Marchbank and Cuningham are still so far away. In both cases it'll be well over 12 months out since the injury if you go by those timelines. I understand the club needs to be cautious (especially in Marchbank's case) but they are both going to be up against it to prove they are worth a new contract at the end of the year.

Have to agree - in particular Cuningham will be close to 14 months on that timeline.

If you want to blame a surface, maybe look a little closer to home.

Did the underground carpark get built and I missed it? Pretty sure last time I was on our home ground surface, it was pretty soft under foot and lush. Not sure how you have come to this assumption but fair enough, I might have to have another look.

6-7 of out best 22 out/or with worrying question marks already.

troll whats GIF

My ‘guess’ is Cunners must have had an issue that has set him back. Sad, when you hear that some people have got back from an ACL in 8-9 months. We still have many very good players available for rd 1, I don’t think our situation is that bad tbh

We havent even played 1 minute against an opposition team. Not one minute.
I was gonna go the acroym but FOR * SAKE!!!!
Cursed or what?

Honey to miss the first month of this season after undergoing surgery on the ITB around his knee.

McKay has joint soreness in his foot and will not play against St Kilda. He is a chance to play against Melbourne, but the focus is on getting him right for rd 1.

Stocker will not play in any of the practice games and is unlikely to play rd 1.

Marchy and Cunners are aiming to be available for selection in rounds 5-8 and the second half of the season respectively.

TDK (shoulder), Doc (health) and Carroll (calf) are tests to play against Melbourne.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet they know when Walsh will be … ok cool
Not at all, did you read the actual report?

The estimated return dates were vague for both Stocker and Walsh - "his availability to play to be assessed again at the start of the season" VS "ruled out for at least the first month of the season and his availability to play will be assessed after that time"

I think that the club is giving us enough information at the moment considering what they have to work with.

Bloody hell, hoping this is a new more honest assessment than what we're used to seeing, I have a feeling it is, but if the usual "1-2 weeks" author (that also mentions nothing unless it's either totally obvious or a big deal) wrote this, well we are in deep sh*t.

Agree that other than Walsh and Harry, the other foot soldiers are replaceable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just once I'd love to go into a season with a clean bill of health. Would be lovely.

Put a line through Walsh, Honey, Stocker, Marchbank and Cuningham for round 1. Not sure we'll see Doc either.

Hoping that's the worst of it in the lead up to round 1 with TDK, Carroll, McKay, Akuei to be available for selection to start the year.

Just once I'd love to go into a season with a clean bill of health. Would be lovely.

Put a line through Walsh, Honey, Stocker, Marchbank and Cuningham for round 1. Not sure we'll see Doc either.

Hoping that's the worst of it in the lead up to round 1 with TDK, Carroll, McKay, Akuei to be available for selection to start the year.

No Walsh and Harry would be a big blow for round 1...arguably our 2 most important players. Let's hope McKay makes it.

Carlton article says H is a chance to play Melbourne but the focus will be Richmond round 1. AFL article places him in serious doubt to line up in round 1. Someone’s telling porkies here.

That's just the clickbait headline - the actual content of the article states exactly what the club report was. They don't have any additional information.

Carlton article says H is a chance to play Melbourne but the focus will be Richmond round 1. AFL article places him in serious doubt to line up in round 1. Someone’s telling porkies here.

Looks to me the AFL article is looking for some "news" where there isn't any.

Assuming H is good to go it sounds like Walsh is our only major loss for start of the season. It would be great to get Cunners and Marchy in there, but both of these players are replaceable (e.g., Gov & Fisher).

I expect Doch to play and Stocker to miss, who is replaced by Plowman/Newman.

Richmond's midfielders will be underdone, with Martin, Graham and Lambert all having significant time off in the pre-season.

Deep breaths people. It is a long season.

Assuming H is good to go it sounds like Walsh is our only major loss for start of the season. It would be great to get Cunners and Marchy in there, but both of these players are replaceable (e.g., Gov & Fisher).

I expect Doch to play and Stocker to miss, who is replaced by Plowman/Newman.

Richmond's midfielders will be underdone, with Martin, Graham and Lambert all having significant time off in the pre-season.

Deep breaths people. It is a long season.
I agree that if H is fit for round 1 then we will be able to field a team to beat Richmond in round 1 so I really couldn't care less if he plays the warm up matches against St Kilda and Melbourne.
However to you point on Marchbank and Cuningham based on the timeline provided by the club yesterday I wouldn't be expecting to see much of either of them in the league team this season which casts real doubt over their futures given they are both out of contract at the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back