Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin splints or the ol’ calf…
There’s four who are definitely out. Walsh, Marchbank, Cunners and Honey.

Stocker could play round 1 though, even if it is unlikely.

The other five players - assuming no other injury occurs — will be fine for Round 1. Including Harry.

I think that’s more players available than we had last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can you stop with the optimism please. Last time I read a comment like this, Walsh went down the next day.

Good Harry's issue looks minor. Of all those guys (Walsh aside) he is probably the only one who's unavailability would have a big impact round 1. The rest are borderline best 22 and replaceable at this stage in their careers. Docherty obviously a lock if fit but we do have coverage in his position (though I expect him to play)

Honey to miss the first month of this season after undergoing surgery on the ITB around his knee.

McKay has joint soreness in his foot and will not play against St Kilda. He is a chance to play against Melbourne, but the focus is on getting him right for rd 1.

Stocker will not play in any of the practice games and is unlikely to play rd 1.

Marchy and Cunners are aiming to be available for selection in rounds 5-8 and the second half of the season respectively.

TDK (shoulder), Doc (health) and Carroll (calf) are tests to play against Melbourne.

And so it begins

Longer than i expected, but it seems a few will play next week against Melbourne, brief summery:

Player​
Injury​
Timeline​
Sam Walsh​
Ankle​
Out for 1st month of season​
Josh Honey​
Knee​
Return 1st month of season​
Jack Carroll​
Calf​
Test to play next week​
Harry McKay​
Foot​
Test to play next week/Rd 1​
TDK​
Medical​
Test to play next week​
Sam Docherty​
Conditioning​
Test to play next week​
Dom Akuei​
Groin​
Start of season​
Liam Stocker​
Ankle​
TBC at start of season​
Caleb Marchbank​
Knee​
Return to football Rounds 5-8​
David Cuningham​
Knee​
Second half of season​
This is starting to have a familiar feel about it. Cant we have one season where we can field our best 22 ?

Longer than i expected, but it seems a few will play next week against Melbourne, brief summery:

Player​
Injury​
Timeline​
Sam Walsh​
Ankle​
Out for 1st month of season​
Josh Honey​
Knee​
Return 1st month of season​
Jack Carroll​
Calf​
Test to play next week​
Harry McKay​
Foot​
Test to play next week/Rd 1​
TDK​
Medical​
Test to play next week​
Sam Docherty​
Conditioning​
Test to play next week​
Dom Akuei​
Groin​
Start of season​
Liam Stocker​
Ankle​
TBC at start of season​
Caleb Marchbank​
Knee​
Return to football Rounds 5-8​
David Cuningham​
Knee​
Second half of season​
I am a little surprised Marchbank and Cuningham are still so far away. In both cases it'll be well over 12 months out since the injury if you go by those timelines. I understand the club needs to be cautious (especially in Marchbank's case) but they are both going to be up against it to prove they are worth a new contract at the end of the year.

Yep - the list is slowly but surely starting to resemble the normal Carlton list this time of year.

Oh .. meanwhile at Richmond.....

View attachment 1331635
(they have a couple of others missing intra-club and on light duties but all expected to be fine for round 1.)

Every ... Freaking .... Year. :mad::mad::mad:
Hate the Tigers.

Yep - the list is slowly but surely starting to resemble the normal Carlton list this time of year.

View attachment 1331635
(they have a couple of others missing intra-club and on light duties but all expected to be fine for round 1.)

To Richmond's medical/conditioning staff:

I would love for someone to do a statistical analysis of our pre-season injuries vs the mean across the competition for the last 7-8 years to test for statistical significance. Would it meet the 5-sigma standard needed for scientific statistic significance? Probably not .. but it sure feels like something beyond dumb luck is happening sometimes.

I am a little surprised Marchbank and Cuningham are still so far away. In both cases it'll be well over 12 months out since the injury if you go by those timelines. I understand the club needs to be cautious (especially in Marchbank's case) but they are both going to be up against it to prove they are worth a new contract at the end of the year.

Yep, was going to say extremely conservative with them both. They’ve both looked in good shape from the rehab for some time, would have thought they could enter the fray a little earlier in the piece to get games in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honey to miss the first month of this season after undergoing surgery on the ITB around his knee.

McKay has joint soreness in his foot and will not play against St Kilda. He is a chance to play against Melbourne, but the focus is on getting him right for rd 1.

Stocker will not play in any of the practice games and is unlikely to play rd 1.

Marchy and Cunners are aiming to be available for selection in rounds 5-8 and the second half of the season respectively.

TDK (shoulder), Doc (health) and Carroll (calf) are tests to play against Melbourne.

46dbf3.png

Every year.... every year.

Andrew Russell strikes again - this guy should have been shown the door.

Not Russell's fault. History tells us, that throwing kids into the AFL for 20+ games before their bodies are fully develop will get you to this point in time. GWS & GC have similar issues. The fact we play on harder grounds every second week was never going to assist either. It's no coincidence that overall the MCG home teams have better injury management. Ask a player if they prefer to play 15 games on the MCG surface vs 6 games at Etihad! Just need to suck it up - we created this.

View attachment 1331635

I’m done using injuries as an excuse I don’t rate them that highly anymore the tigers. Too fat, too slow, and in this case not good enough to be complaining about

Not Russell's fault. History tells us, that throwing kids into the AFL for 20+ games before their bodies are fully develop will get you to this point in time. GWS & GC have similar issues. The fact we play on harder grounds every second week was never going to assist either. It's no coincidence that overall the MCG home teams have better injury management. Ask a player if they prefer to play 15 games on the MCG surface vs 6 games at Etihad! Just need to suck it up - we created this.
The Etihad agreement , what a debacle that followed the famous grandstand upgrade 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Least they don't send us to Ballarat or bendigo

If you want to blame a surface, maybe look a little closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back