Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

he has come on quicker....get it now
Different position and different club though.

Ruck / Forward is one of the hardest positions to play in the league. It took years for David Hale and then he became integral to Hawthorn premierships.

If you want to take a shot at the club for not drafting SDK before Brodie Kemp, then I get it. But to hold out your hand and cry woe is me that we have the wrong de Koning… well, I think a bird in the hand is still great, and that there would be 17 other clubs who would be more than happy to take Tom off our hands.

I’ve seen quite a few posters put down Collingwoods 29+ players as a key reason to their success, yet there seems very little interest in adding older experienced players to our list.

We just watched the oldest team in history win the GF, with the oldest Norm Smith medalist, at a club who has stayed at the top by recruiting ready made players, so why aren’t we looking to do something a little similar?

Outside of Harry and Charlie our forward line lacks class, there is a 430 goal third tall forward unsigned, right in front of our noses and there doesn’t seem like much interest, it’s a bit confusing, Gunston ticks so many boxes for us, surely there are others.

I’ve seen quite a few posters put down Collingwoods 29+ players as a key reason to their success, yet there seems very little interest in adding older experienced players to our list.

We just watched the oldest team in history win the GF, with the oldest Norm Smith medalist, at a club who has stayed at the top by recruiting ready made players, so why aren’t we looking to do something a little similar?

Outside of Harry and Charlie our forward line lacks class, there is a 430 goal third tall forward unsigned, right in front of our noses and there doesn’t seem like much interest, it’s a bit confusing, Gunston ticks so many boxes for us, surely there are others.
Gunston would no doubt improve our forward line, been reported if he left Hawks it would be to get out of Melbourne…

Don’t think we’ll change our list management philosophy just because Geelong won the flag…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shock horror. 23 year old ruckman isn't the best ruckman in the comp.

His scope is ridiculous. Yet you tell us he is no good. So either nearly every media pundit who rates him is wrong or you are. Wonder which is the case?
Think he was baiting you guys...
I wasn't baiting I just am
Impatient but hope I'm wrong but just don't have a good feeling he will turn out to be great.

Interesting call on trade radio, which I’ve also heard from a second source, North Melb. players that have committed to the club on the back of Clarko might have an out clause in their contract and a few haven’t actually signed on the dotted line…

A bit to play out here…
In more ways than one, give the guy a chance to rebuff the allegations.

Also, strange that any contract would have an out clause specific to the coach not be being there (after being confirmed as the coach).

Let`s hope you are right, but he just hasn`t shown enough in the ruck yet or as a forward, so we have to hope the club leaves him develop in one role and he does turn out ok....but for now his brother has him covered and also has a premiership under his belt.....
For me, it the fact that he looks so uncoordinated so often that is a problem. Feels like for every great mark he takes there five he doesn't even get close. For every kick that hits a target, there are three that are complete shanks. Same with handballing. Just doesn't seem to be consistently competent at the basic skills.

Would you trust him to kick a goal after the siren?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have to be the right ones. None of the older cohort of players who are available are of the quality of Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

I was advocating for have a dip at Isaac Smith when he was available a couple of years ago. Shouldn't just go for players because they are older. They've still got to be the right guys.

For me, it the fact that he looks so uncoordinated so often that is a problem. Feels like for every great mark he takes there five he doesn't even get close. For every kick that hits a target, there are three that are complete shanks. Same with handballing. Just doesn't seem to be consistently competent at the basic skills.

Would you trust him to kick a goal after the siren?

How many ruckmen in the comp would you trust to kick a goal after the siren? Depends on how easy the shot is but not many rucks are great kicks at goal. Wouldn't we judge TDK against others in the position that he plays?

How many ruckmen in the comp would you trust to kick a goal after the siren? Depends on how easy the shot is but not many rucks are great kicks at goal. Wouldn't we judge TDK against others in the position that he plays?
Perhaps the after the siren question was the extreme.

He can do the amazing. He is capable what very few other in the league can. But his basic skills are sorely lacking. I think this is what he needs to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back