Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL is a funny industry, long term contracts were the way to go for a few years, then it was back to 2-3 year contracts and now the last couple of years the long term contract is back in vogue.

Good for H and great for the club. Two of the better key fwds in the game of the game signed long term -

H signing for life means we’re in for the big show sooner rather than later. Back ended contract it would seem. Everyone is tied in for some time. When acres signs today or tomorrow I’m happy to sign off from
Worrying about the off season. We’re set until first day of training. Let’s get everybody fit and firing to
Smash Richmond round 1.

But but… H didn’t get a hug from Cripps at the Brownlow that lasted as long as the others so he’s clearly on the way out…trade him for Oliver Henry and JDaicos!!!

Brilliant news! Once we lock in TDK and then our core group of players in or entering their prime are in place for a 6-7 year run at a flag.

Yet here you are

You allude to a lack of balance in my post, yet you state only one side, of which you have no idea of a players/team mental capacity unless you are in the inner sanctum

Perhaps improving our output by 50% on the previous year is an indication of a growing belief

Perhaps having the least number of experienced players in the league at 28+ years of age is an indication of the lack of readiness

Perhaps having the most injuries of any top 10 side affects our output, while also experiencing in game injuries

Smith joined the Cats last year, why didn't he help them take the next step/win a flag in 2021

Lions finished 6th after finals

How did Melbourne win 2021 with no premiership players on the list

Hamling must have contributed in a huge way for the Dockers to make finals this year

So many factors, yet you want to lean on an aspect you have no knowledge of, being on the outside

Continually? We lost 3 close games this year, to sides that finished top 4, yet people completely exclude our close wins

Every player/side/club has access to sports psychologists

So if next year, we add Acres and no other player/person with premiership experience, but make the 8, will we still suggest we need more flag experience to improve this so called mental fragility?

You're not in the inner sanctum either.

Saying things like "oh Smith joined the Cats last year, why didn't he take them to a flag" like as if its meant to happen straight away shows just how short sighted you are...

They won this year. Did he help? It's not a freaking automatic solution...

Bringing in an older player with flag experience will cost a token draft pick... why are you're panties in a bundle over that?

Injuries are an excuse Carlton supporters like you love to cling to, to help you cope... the fact is, we actually dealt with them ok, when players came back it didn't make much difference... we had injured players going into the Demons and Pies games... yet we still should have won those games... poor decisions in the dying minutes were not due to injuries.

How many useless arguments with different posters do you want to start on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of the “Harry didn’t get a long hug at the brownlow” losers. Not that I really believed it, but it was my sheer paranoia and insecurity as a long time supporter that just crept those little doubts in. Things have changed. I knew it with Crippa re-signed last year but it’s cemented now.

I would never doubt or have a crack at an ITK. If they end up being wrong, so be it. If things change after they share their info, so be it. I just wish the negative naysayers would just keep their fingertips quiet and enjoy the ride. I’ve been observing this forum for years and it’s always the same.

We are on the same team here. Let’s have some fun! Blue skies ahead 💙

You're not in the inner sanctum either.... yet you parade around like you've been part of many clubs....

Saying things like "oh Smith joined the Cats last year, why didn't he take them to a flag" like as if its meant to happen straight away shows just how short sighted you are...

They won this year. Did he help? It's not a freaking automatic solution...

Bringing in an older player with flag experience will cost a token draft pick... why are you're panties in a bundle over that?

Injuries are an excuse Carlton supporters like you love to cling to, to help you cope... the fact is, we actually dealt with them ok, when players came back it didn't make much difference... we had injured players going into the Demons and Pies games... yet we still should have won those games... poor decisions in the dying minutes were not due to injuries.

How many useless arguments with different posters do you want to start on here? Looks like you want another shot at me... go ahead, I'm not bothering any more it's a pointless waste of time tbh.

Might have been a decent debate, yet it's once again littered with playing the poster and deflections

Run along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But but… H didn’t get a hug from Cripps at the Brownlow that lasted as long as the others so he’s clearly on the way out…trade him for Oliver Henry and JDaicos!!!

Brilliant news! Once we lock in TDK and then our core group of players in or entering their prime are in place for a 6-7 year run at a flag.

Well, damn it! I knew my terrible joke would come up. :p 😂

Good decision by Dow there. He played well in the twos but just couldn’t crack into the seniors despite injuries. So he should move on and plays regularly at senior level.

If Acres is worth a third, then I can’t see Dow being anything more than a late third early fourth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe we can leverage it to move up a few spots with our 1st round pick with some other pick swaps, which would make it much more attractive than a late pick 40+.
Moving up with either our 1st or 2nd pick would be more valuable than a late pick worth nothing.

Last edited:

Must of been because Harry got 7 years and Crippa only got 6... :tongueoutv1:

AFL is a funny industry, long term contracts were the way to go for a few years, then it was back to 2-3 year contracts and now the last couple of years the long term contract is back in vogue.

Good for H and great for the club. Two of the better key fwds in the game of the game signed long term -

Reckon they've paid him $X in total over 7 years rather than $X over a lesser number of years.

Gees, if I was a disaffected player at another Club, I'd be calling the Blues.

Congrats to Big H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back