Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Norf supporters claiming Clarko is a shinboner for life, despite having more of an impact at Melb as a player and at a Haw as a coach. Love Norf supporters.

So far we've had Ponting, Carey, Adams all give emotional passionate verbal and written pleas for Clarko to join the Kangas. Who's up tomorrow? Jason McCartney :tearsofjoy:

Here's another reason it seems Clarkson is coming; Clarkson did say he didn't think it respectful to the current coach to say until after the round had been completed, but Adams has already said openly that he thinks it would be great for North if Clarko chooses them.

So, disrespecting Adams is clearly not the issue, but disrespecting Truck is. Logic tells me, then, that it appears the messiah cometh.
I think you're reading into this exactly what you want to read. Tinfoil hat stuff. There really is zero indication on which way Clarko will go, but it'd have to be a one in a million shot to poach him from NM's grasp at the absolute last second with the Hail Mary desperation attempt from Essendon.

I'd be over the moon if Clarko comes to the Bombers, if for no other reason than the club can no longer blame a coach for poor on-field performances and the 'leadership' will finally have to accept that they are the only common denominator left of two decades of utter utter shite.

If you were Truck and Clarkson got the gig but wanted to keep you, would you stay?
I’m not sure I’d want to work for the club given the circumstances. I’d rather work for a more stable club. Why would I willingly deal with so much politics?

To be honest, if I was a player, I’d probably request for a trade to give me a fresh start so that I can avoid all the drama.

299440345_1166988280696185_8947813052843281339_n.jpg

This just about sums up everything wrong with the club imo

Norf supporters claiming Clarko is a shinboner for life, despite having more of an impact at Melb as a player and at a Haw as a coach. Love Norf supporters.

So far we've had Ponting, Carey, Adams all give emotional passionate verbal and written pleas for Clarko to join the Kangas. Who's up tomorrow? Jason McCartney :tearsofjoy:
The emotional blackmail is something else. Supporters just need to understand that it’s just a job. There is no loyalty in an industry that doesn’t give much back. If there was, he would still be at Hawthorn.

I think you're reading into this exactly what you want to read. Tinfoil hat stuff. There really is zero indication on which way Clarko will go, but it'd have to be a one in a million shot to poach him from NM's grasp at the absolute last second with the Hail Mary desperation attempt from Essendon.

I'd be over the moon if Clarko comes to the Bombers, if for no other reason than the club can no longer blame a coach for poor on-field performances and the 'leadership' will finally have to accept that they are the only common denominator left of two decades of utter utter shite.
🤷‍♂️
The logic stands up.

We need to sack Rutten now. You really think going to Clarkson and saying 'if you agree to coach us we'll sack our contracted coach" is going to get him? I'd think he'd be far more likely to go to North simply for that reason, not wanting to be the guy who single handedly cost Ben Rutten his job.

I’m not sure I’d want to work for the club given the circumstances. I’d rather work for a more stable club. Why would I willingly deal with so much politics?

To be honest, if I was a player, I’d probably request for a trade to give me a fresh start so that I can avoid all the drama.
Yeah I got the sense Merrett had regrets about signing on. Understandable.

I get semtimental easily and I hate the way Truck has been trodden on.

We need to sack Rutten now. You really think going to Clarkson and saying 'if you agree to coach us we'll sack our contracted coach" is going to get him? I'd think he'd be far more likely to go to North simply for that reason, not wanting to be the guy who single handedly cost Ben Rutten his job.
Clarko hasn't "single handedly cost Ben Rutten his job". Rutten is still in a job, but what will cost him is the change of board leadership. Brasher liked truck, now he's resigned. Barham doesn't like truck, now he's in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Clarkson pretty much confirms that he has an offer from Essendon?

You don't leave your girlfriend on the dance floor and tell her to wait while you go chat up some other girl, which is pretty much what Essendon is doing to Rutten. At least show some respect by publicly stating where he stands before you go after Clarkson.

Feel like Essendon is playing this in full Costanza mode, like when he quit in a huff then just walked in Monday like nothing happened...

If clarko goes to north they are every chance to say nothing and have Rutten coach on like ots business as usual
Will a Mickey be involved?

Unpopular opinion and it would suck but Clarkson signs, doesn’t last two years but his opinion on how badly run the club is should shake enough branches that we actually do see some change none of these optics the clubs tried to show us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unpopular opinion and it would suck but Clarkson signs, doesn’t last two years but his opinion on how badly run the club is should shake enough branches that we actually do see some change none of these optics the clubs tried to show us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing that could make Essendon look any worse (hard to believe that's possible at this point) would be to get Clarko's signature then move him on in a couple of years when we don't win a final halfway through a rebuild.

So Clarkson pretty much confirms that he has an offer from Essendon?

You don't leave your girlfriend on the dance floor and tell her to wait while you go chat up some other girl, which is pretty much what Essendon is doing to Rutten. At least show some respect by publicly stating where he stands before you go after Clarkson.
By saying the following I’m not saying Essendon have treated Rutten well or handled the whole situation well, however…

Every year clubs (with the consent of coaches) put players into trade proposals for superstar players. This information often gets leaked and the player knows he’s (or she’s) replaceable if it means the team can secure that superstar.

If it doesn’t happen then they are expected to understand and show up and play and improve etc the next year.

This is not that different to what is happening with Rutten at a coaching level. A superstar coach is available and the club is attempting to recruit him. IF (and it’s a big if) behind closed doors they’ve been transparent with Rutten that his job is only in jeopardy if Clarkson agrees to come, then should Rutten be expected to deal with it like the players are expected to?

Main difference with players is they have to agree to a trade, but it doesn’t change their feelings about it or how they’re meant to handle it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back