Boomer staying put at North

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/48ecd6ff19cf56e5997575ca55388057

North Melbourne wants to retain Brent Harvey in an off-field role
48ecd6ff19cf56e5997575ca55388057

JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
48ecd6ff19cf56e5997575ca55388057

NORTH Melbourne wants to retain retired champion Brent Harvey in an off-field role.

The Kangaroos are in discussions with the 38-year-old about fulfilling an ambassadorial position for next season while he plays local football with his brother, Shane, at North Heidelberg.

The job would see Harvey help with key events, sponsors and coterie groups as the Roos prepare to field a more youthful side next season as the start of a new era.

“We have had some discussions with the Kangaroos and I think that is what he will do next year, some work with them,” manager Shane Casley said.

The Kangas want to maintain strong ties with Harvey after his tumultuous retirement this year.

After a record 432 matches, Harvey has expressed a strong interest in moving into an AFL club fitness or coaching role.

Harvey said he wanted to stay in football, but would spend more time with his family next year.

“I don’t think assistant coaching right now. Will that change in two or three years? Maybe, because I love my footy. Can I do it? Absolutely,” Harvey told the Herald Sun.

“I love working with the young guys and teaching some of the stuff that I know.

“I think whatever I do I’ll be working with the younger guys.”

Good move NM. :)

Should be redrafted with pick 87. Make it happen Funky Euge. :stern look
Boomer having to develop the kid's. First pep talk, "right-oh which one of you pussies cried you would leave the club if I played ahead of you?? Was it you Wags?? Right, let's go, one on one and see if you deserve it!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why we didn't offer him a 3 year coaching deal when we sacked him as a player is ******* absurd.

Is there anyone down there with a clue or is it the blind leading the blind?
Sadly I think it's the Clueless leading those that don't get listened to. :stern look

I want duck at north in some coaching position

Absolutely he should be working with Brown, Wood, Durdin and McKay

McKernan should be working with Daw and Durdin.

Arch should be working with Vickers-Willis etc

We have the resources.

I'm glad Stevo is back at the club but seriously there is so much more we could be doing to develop our players.

Player wanted to continue playing, coach and list manager didn't offer player new contract.

Sacked in my dispassionate eyes.

Yes he was sacked mate and rightly so.

Been a fantastic contributor over the years, but his refusal to do the team things on field confirmed that, definitely time to move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back